• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Why exactly is there a new thread?
The other thread was too large and was creating issues with Xenoforo itself basically. Certain moderator tools weren't working correctly for example.

Similar issues happened with older threads in the past such as the Smash 4 Social. To state how large the previous thread was would be an understatement.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I got over the doom and gloom of last night. It was a strange one. While I couldn't sleep, rewatching Konosuba to distract me has been the saving grace.

And one of my friends phoning me and him acting cool about breaking lockdown by hosting a party the idiot. And he got Covid during the first wave so humility doesn't work on the guy.

As for me today, I'm trying to figure out the symptoms of what is going with me. Been feeling worse than yesterday.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Platforming is the ****ing worst, especially with Vergil.

Thank lord I never have to do secret mission 12 again.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Platforming is the ****ing worst, especially with Vergil.

Thank lord I never have to do secret mission 12 again.
Ah, secret mission 12. Why they thought that was a good idea when platforming has never worked in a Devil May Cry game, I'll never know. (Especially with Vergil, whose movement options are so limited compared to Dante)

At least there are no consequences for failing it. (It's not like you're suspended over a bottomless pit, or in a room filled with enemies that are attacking you while you're trying to beat it) I remember it taking me an absurdly long time, though. Dante's version of that mission was annoying, but Vergil's version was a slog.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ah, secret mission 12. Why they thought that was a good idea when platforming has never worked in a Devil May Cry game, I'll never know. (Especially with Vergil, whose movement options are so limited compared to Dante)

At least there are no consequences for failing it. (It's not like you're suspended over a bottomless pit, or in a room filled with enemies that are attacking you while you're trying to beat it) I remember it taking me an absurdly long time, though. Dante's version of that mission was annoying, but Vergil's version was a slog.
THANK. YOU.

You basically said everything I could, fixed camera angle & awkward control on jump should never let anyone put hard platforming challenge in a game, but some peoples in the DMC team really like them for some reasons, as they are still in 4 from what I seen and were in 1 too

I still wonder how the heck I did it with Vergil, and why they didn't remix the secret missions in general for his moveset. There is one secret mission unique to him, the one where you have to use flight with Nevan for Dante, and after playing it, I was like, "why they didn't more of this?"

Now, I know the answer is because the mission would literally be unplayable with Vergil if they didn't change it, but still, I take something new over the dreaded secret mission 9 (I had to use Holy Water to succed this unfun mess) & mission 12 as we talked.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Finished Vergil campaign.

In the credit where you have to beat 100 enemies, I was worried a bit I couldn't do it in time, then I remembered, "oh yeah, right, just spam the sword & gun button in tandem to win the game", and I did that, I got 110 at the end.

That, combined with Final Vergil being done in 1 try among others thing, make me feel like Vergil, while fun at time, is really not that complex or fun compared to Dante.

Like the fact this blue ****** doesn't have a double jump or royal guard-like mechanic really hurt in some places, and with a bit of grinding, you can get all the moves he got, most of which are upgrades & some being too slow to use in most situation (Judgement Cut & Round Trip, tho maybe I needed to experience with them more).

Brief, don't think i'm going to play harder difficulty with him, but playing motivation man for a bit was still fun overall.

D

Deleted member

WHAT HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS
Well... that explains the random hololive card lol

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The other thread was too large and was creating issues with Xenoforo itself basically. Certain moderator tools weren't working correctly for example.

Similar issues happened with older threads in the past such as the Smash 4 Social. To state how large the previous thread was would be an understatement.
Does this mean that the Newcomer Speculation thread will go soon? It's about the same size.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On Smash Ultimate's E-Shop page, one of the images shows the old Mario render from the E3 Demo where his render still wasn't even there, it's just the 3D model shaped like the pose of the render.

Going through the E-Shop itself is kinda boring, I was expecting to pick up another new game but there's nothing here lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I am posting my predictions for the last four characters in FP2.

We will get...

• One or two first parties. I just do not see us getting only one first party this pass. This pass is quite different compared to FP2. The characters that come to mind are Rex and a Gen 8 Pokemon. If Rex is in, he could easily promote Xenoblade Chronicles 2, or maybe Xenoblade Chronicles 3. If a Gen 8 Pokemon is in, then maybe they can tease their next game, or promote SwSh DLC. Either way, I feel like we are getting one or two first parties, which would make FP2 have two or three first parties in total. I do not see us getting more than two first parties, though. Four first parties and two third parties in FP2 seems basically impossible to me.
  • A retro third party character. Ryu Hayabusa is the character that immediately comes to my mind. If not Ryu, we could get Axel Stone or maybe a Tales of representative, if that even counts as retro. Is 1995 retro? If we get two first parties, I feel like we won't get this option then. However, I feel like Ryu is doing quite nicely right now.
  • A third party character from a fighting game. Sol Badguy and Nightmare are some characters I can think of in my mind. It really makes you think when the actor of Sol Badguy retweeted a Smash tweet. I also feel like this pattern has happened before. We got Ryu in Smash 4, and Terry in FP1. It could easily happen in FP2.
  • An extremely iconic and highly requested third party character. Dante, Crash, Doomguy, Lloyd, Sora, Phoenix Wright, Reimu, are characters that come to mind. They are characters that are quite succesful, and have been heavily requested. Steve is very succesful, yes, but I feel like a character like this can help sales boost at the end of the pass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Isn't MK literally banned in Japan?
No, you can buy MK11 in Japan, it's just not localized.

I swear, I gotta apply to the Writing team just so I can make everyone understand that Mortal Kombat is not banned in Japan. :191:

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah, I speak from experience, I never have been able to find those things comfortable.
Like, you flatten them out to make a bed. But the hinges are popped up right in the middle of the ****ing thing. Don't help that me feet overhang the end of the bed.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Been sleeping on a folding futon for two nights now and my back feels like a stiff board. 🐟
Yeah that sounds bad, and I had to sleep on a leather bench one night. Wrecked my shoulders for a few days after.
Was practically walking a bit hunched over.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I see that, as part of a Sega sale, Persona 4 Golden is less than $20 on Steam. It's not a steep discount (it's normally $24), but is it worth getting if I've played the vanilla Persona 4? (I'm not sure what changes are made aside from a new character and a few months being added, similar to Persona 5 Royal)

Also, if you have Steam, you can get Sonic 3 & Knuckles for less than $2, on top of getting Sonic 2 for free, so I'd suggest taking advantage of that if anyone hasn't played those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom