• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
:ultmewtwo:, :ultmarth:, :ultpiranha:, and :ultbylethf: are characters that could use buffs.

I am a bit biased towards Mewtwo, because right now I love playing him.

Marth did recently get a buff, but still. His sword feels like it is made out of butter, and his recovery is atrocious.

Piranha Plant is a character I rarely seen played, and I feel like they are quite slow. I feel like making the plant faster can help with some more spicy combos.

Byleth needs a buff. Sure, Byleth is supposed to be slow, but they make Hero, Robin, and Incineroar look like Sonic.

Edit: :ultisabelle: needs quite a good amount of buffs. I just feel like her tools aren't as solid as Villager's tools. She should be at least more fast to counter Villager in some aspects.

The only character I would nerf is :ultpikachu:. I just hate that rat.

Also there is an interesting glitch with :ultcharizard: and :ultlucas:that is broken. If Charizard uses flamethrower while Lucas is using PK Magnet, Charizard can keep it going forever, as flamethrower goes forever, and Lucas would be stuck in the animation. This can be abused of Charizard has three stocks, and Lucas has two.
Quick note on the Byleth bit, Hero's top 30 in run speed. Just wanna clear that up.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well I just had a panic attack. My arm was going numb and was having a headache so I feared the worst but it's ok now. This ride never ends. I know it's nothing serious as the doctors said but even still.

Gotta remain hopeful in all this.

Edit: Feeling a bit better now by the way.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm seeing people are now receiving their Shantae plushies from the Limited Run Games preorders back in May. Hopefully not much longer for me.

Though I might have to wait a bit longer as I preordered the Shantae and the Seven Sirens collector's edition along with the plushie

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, I was gonna go play some Super Mario 64 since I currently have nothing to talk about but apparently, my console sticks need charging so gonna have to wait I guess.

Decided on getting Super Mario 3D All-Stars yesterday instead of Crash 4, so that one I'll wait until Christmas, who knows I might get it before then. I determined my decision on a coin toss.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I think this is going to be a night of hell for me as I don't know what's going on with my body. Pressure around my eye but my doctor would have noticed the sign the other day.

Feeling a bit short of breath but they think I pushed myself too hard. And had a panic attack as well. I just want to feel better and move on from this hospital saga. It's nothing serious but understandable to be worried.

So I can focus on a certain story I really want to go back to.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Family setup the old wii and are playing some of our old wii games like Brawl on it. Man the memories...

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It's kinda cool how Sonic in Smash was such a huge deal 13 years ago, and now, everyone Wants him gone Is just like, "Wow, Sonic's in. Cool."

Like, he legit doesn't feel like a 3rd Party character at this point if that makes any sense
Sonic will always be special for me 'cause I grew up a Sonic kid. I remember adoring that Sonic reveal trailer back in the day.

Still kinda boggles my mind Sonic hasn't gotten another character at this point. Like, Shadow was the just sitting there begging to be an Echo.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sonic will always be special for me 'cause I grew up a Sonic kid. I remember adoring that Sonic reveal trailer back in the day.

Still gonna boggles my mind Sonic hasn't gotten another character at this point. Like, Shadow was the just sitting there begging to be an Echo.
It is kinda interesting that Street Fighter and Castlevania got two fighters before Sonic, like, that kinda doesn't sit right with me.

Then again, I feel as if Sega seems more keen on making sure all their big franchises get in Smash first before allowing a second Sonic rep, because we would have gotten Tails and Knuckles over Bayo and Joker.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Still gonna boggles my mind Sonic hasn't gotten another character at this point. Like, Shadow was the just sitting there begging to be an Echo.
Same. I actually started with Sonic the Hedgehog for the Game Gear which is what introduced me to video games with the Nintendo 64 as my first home console that I bought a long time ago.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just finished playing up some Super Mario 64. Currently got 14 stars.

6 of those on Bom-omb Fields, all 7 (This includes the 100 coin challenge) on Thowmp's Fortress and stars on the Slide and Wing Cap Area.

Playing the game again and being nearly 25 years old, it definitely still holds up to this day.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Yeah you're getting there. It's not a bad anime honestly as I think it just needed about six more episodes to help transition the plot and give more sense to the lore. Without spoiling anything, I wouldn't have minded a prequel series to it (or Fire Force).

And I'm probably in the minority but I actually like the mech designs. They look really cool.
The story in the first half was okay, but nothing really grabbed me. After the 15th episode, I had little desire to keep watching. I also know DITF rips off multiple other mecha anime.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, speaking of Sonic earlier, this is probably coming to Fall Guys:

Source
Looks super cursed gonna be honest

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Mildly interesting thing In my run of Mega Man battle network 4, the RNG in the second tournament put the two characters who Mega Man gets copy abilities from in this tournament against each other in the first round. So that's interesting, never seen the RNG set something so specific up.

Still kinda boggles my mind Sonic hasn't gotten another character at this point. Like, Shadow was the just sitting there begging to be an Echo.
Imagine being a Sonic AND a Mega Man kid, seeing both of them fall into a darkage in the 2010's, then seeing them both crossover not one, not twice, not thrice but FOUR times, twice in comic form and twice in smash bros.

Brings a tear to me eye.

Both characters should have gotten an echo.
It's kinda cool how Sonic in Smash was such a huge deal 13 years ago, and now, everyone Wants him gone Is just like, "Wow, Sonic's in. Cool."

Like, he legit doesn't feel like a 3rd Party character at this point if that makes any sense
I firmly believe he's just going to be a mainstay part of Smash bros forever, like the original 12 and Marth. He just belongs with the group.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Chernobyl Diaries is pretty boring. I love the intrigue of Chernobyl, but everything else about the movie ranged from average to terrible.

D

Deleted member

Speculation about the next Smash game is going to be brutal. Cuts discussion will obviously be massive, and as Shroob Shroob said, I think this will cause a massive divide in the community.

I do not think Smash will ever top Ultimate after the next game.

This why I believe we aren't getting a new Smash in at least over five years after DLC is done.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs is Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark on your list of Horror films to watch this month, assuming you haven't watched it already?

IIRC you've told me you were a fan of the original books growing up, and well, if you're curious, this coming from a guy who never read the books or saw the illustrations as a kid or prior to seeing the film, my take on the adaptation is that it's downright horrifying and tells quite a good story in the process. I'd highly recommend viewing the film this month if you have yet to see it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs is Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark on your list of Horror films to watch this month, assuming you haven't watched it already?

IIRC you've told me you were a fan of the original books growing up, and well, if you're curious, this coming from a guy who never read the books or saw the illustrations as a kid or prior to seeing the film, my take on the adaptation is that it's downright horrifying and tells quite a good story in the process. I'd highly recommend viewing the film this month if you have yet to see it.
I'll mark it down!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That reminds me. I still gotta pick up Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

What the 2016 Goosebumps should have been.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'll mark it down!
I look forward to hearing your review on it!

That reminds me. I still gotta pick up Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

What the 2016 Goosebumps should have been.
Again, I'd highly recommend it. It's about everything a horror film should be. It thoroughly scares the audience while telling an actually good story.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Again, I'd highly recommend it. It's about everything a horror film should be. It thoroughly scares the audience while telling an actually good story.
I've seen it in theaters actually with my friend last year as a double feature with Ready or Not. Which was why again I have to remind myself to eventually get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom