• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Even if the ones that were chosen are not my cup of tea, the first-party DLC characters are just as valid additions as the third-party ones.

And I disagree that first-party characters are only good as base game additions.

That is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I do find it funny that people consider Pythra "shill picks" when Sakurai had previously adressed Rex's popularity as a Smash pick before the game officially launched, and implied the main reason we didn't get him in base roster or Fighter Pack 1 was mostly because of timing.

Considering that we got Pythra over Rex mainly for gameplay reasons...yeah, we were all huge fools for not putting Rex on our Fighter Pass 2 prediction lists. Unless you did put him on yours, good for you.

I may not be a fan of Pythra but there's no denying that there's a lot of Xenoblade 2 fans out there. Especially in the Japanese fanbase, who are naturally going to be most visible to the devs.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'll admit about Xenoblade 2 content to this day.

It's pretty perfect but I'd always want a bit more tweaks and smaller additions.
As much as I love Cloud Sea as a stage (and Sakurai and his team was pretty clever on it) I would have minded a bit of change. Plus some stuff from Xenosaga and another Xenoblade 1 remix would be nice.
I'd say X but Nintendo paying for Sawano music would probably cost half the entire DLC.

---------------------------------

And to add, I still feel like Smash Ultimate base game on it's own is still pretty lacking in a way but that's me. Just more new stages over old ones IMO and two or three echo fighters.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
First party DLC perception would be much better if they balanced the ""relevancy picks"" with stuff like Waluigi and Isaac tbh

Byleths and Min-Mins are perfectly fine but you need long time requests too otherwise you're just putting that "ugh they only go for 'shills'" crap on yourself.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well we're going through the Smash fan withdrawals now. Lets see, all we need is someone to start arguing over SwSh and it's 2020-2021 all over again
Back in my day, pokemon animations looked like this!

Now they look like this.

Gamefreak has gotten so lazy, smh.

Chery picking is fun.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I do find it funny that people consider Pythra "shill picks" when Sakurai had previously adressed Rex's popularity as a Smash pick before the game officially launched, and implied the main reason we didn't get him in base roster or Fighter Pack 1 was mostly because of timing.

Considering that we got Pythra over Rex mainly for gameplay reasons...yeah, we were all huge fools for not putting Rex on our Fighter Pass 2 prediction lists. Unless you did put him on yours, good for you.

I may not be a fan of Pythra but there's no denying that there's a lot of Xenoblade 2 fans out there. Especially in the Japanese fanbase, who are naturally going to be most visible to the devs.
I mean, we all know that shill picks are anything that isn't 10 years old at minimum

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Min Min and Pyra/Mythra were fine IMO. Most were expecting content from these new entries in the base game so having them show up as DLC made sense. I think it's a shame Xenoblade X didn't get more love but I can't complain with how much they are to play as.

Byleth I feel was timing more than anything else. If they had their reveal swapped with one of the other two 1st parties, I don't think the backlash would have been as severe. They probably would have been the low point regardless based on general perception though and the wink-wink/nudge-nudges in their reveal I think.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I mean, I know you're joking but I remember reading these unironic takes for ****ing Minecraft Steve
You say I'm joking as if what I said isn't a literal fact lmao. We could have gotten Wonder Red with Sakurai saying he was chosen because of fanbase pushing for it and it'd be deemed a shill pick just the same lmao

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Byleth and Mythra dont really feel like shill picks because by the Time they officially joined smash both of their Origin games we're know as being some of the Switch's best titles.

Min min though. Who cares about Arms? lol

Dutch Raikuna

Can you imagine the timeline had Byleth been the final character? Thinking we would have seen a community grieving or crazed like mad, tripping.

And a few people would just suddenly explode. Like POOOF! out of existence.

Byleth and Mythra dont really feel like shill picks because by the Time they officially joined smash both of their Origin games we're know as being some of the Switch's best titles.

Min min though. Who cares about Arms? lol
Still needs a sequel bro.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Tbh we're joking about shill picks and whatnot but remember, Cloud was considered a shill pick as FF7R was announced a few months before he got in Smash. You'd think that would have died down but I remember a guy claiming Banjo was the third party who wasn't a shill because of the Switch port of FF7 that was like 2 years ago

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh we're joking about shill picks and whatnot but remember, Cloud was considered a shill pick as FF7R was announced a few months before he got in Smash. You'd think that would have died down but I remember a guy claiming Banjo was the third party who wasn't a shill because of the Switch port of FF7 that was like 2 years ago
Throwback to the "FF7R will be on the Wii U hecause Cloud in Smash" takes. Lol.

Also, yeah Banjo fans got some... interesting takes from my experience.

Dutch Raikuna

Also throwing this out despite the current topic.

Thinking about the idea that someone threw out about a social thread Discord (think it was you Yiptap Yiptap ) I wouldn't mind getting the idea off the ground for real depending.

Not an official one, more like an off-shoot but I would need to survey and ask people stuff what they would wantif it worked. My data analytics background is coming into play!

+10 intelligence by me!

Holy **** that thing existed.

I forgot it did. A broken Wii U tablet is a great wrestling weapon by the way.

Took a nap.

Had a dream where they were really hyping up a new Pokémon reveal. Like a whole week of hype, they wanted everyone to see this.

It

It was just a broom :079:

1641764042058.png

Finally!

Clean Type Pokemon!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
If we had gotten Rex like originally intended, do you guys think he'd be received better?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh it's funny we talk about Pokemon a ****ton yet people barely talk about Legends beyond Wario Bros counting down to it's release. I might buy it but I'll wait until the new Kirby is out so I can use NSO vouchers
Tbh, while Legends looks promising every time they show it off, we barely see anything of Legends.

We got nothing except for unconfirmed leaks

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Tbh it's funny we talk about Pokemon a ****ton yet people barely talk about Legends beyond Wario Bros counting down to it's release. I might buy it but I'll wait until the new Kirby is out so I can use NSO vouchers
Honestly, I think Legends Arceus looks seriously freaking sick. I just haven't been watching trailers or news like a hawk or anything. Definitely buying it though.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There's nothing new to talk about with it outside of something that's only in Japanese
There's just a bunch of dumbass leaker drama taking over the actual leaks because one guy taking info set off the other guy taking info

I miss the magazine scans with the shadows and trying to (poorly) guess the designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom