• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Anyone nevertheless wanna give me some hugs?

I got a sort of closure even if not the traditional kind but it’s still a bit sad
Everything's gonna be alright. What happened to you sucks, but sadly it happens, and you got some closure. Take your time, and time is the best healer. Just know you're gonna be alright.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Apparently Paper Mario 64 is coming to NSO either now or very soon, since they just uploaded a trailer.

......Still doesn't justify 50 ****ing bucks.
I already own it on Wii VC so I'll just emulate it lol.

I'll buy when they start droppin' the good stuff like Mischief Makers and Glover.

So basically, I'll see you all in 3 years after they add 5 more games in that amount of time. :nifty:

MooMew64

Paper Mario was one of the games I actually wanted to play on this thing. Along with Banjo.

Still gonna wait for Banjo to come out before I spend fifty bucks on this. Hopefully by then they’ll have fixed some of the issues.

Who am I kidding…
I mean

It's not completely terrible, there definitely was some overexaggerating due to the high price (which I am not defending btw, just saying). The games are perfectly playable and you're probably only gonna notice something's wrong in a lot of them if you were a diehard fan of the original games.

However, it's still a terrible showing when even the suckier fan emulator options like Project 64 handle things better and are more feature rich. You'd probably have a more fine-tuned experience on a cheapo Raspberry Pi, especially considering Retro Arch has the best N64 emulator ATM.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just emulate it then.

Like, if you understandably don't wanna pay $50 bucks for some crummy ass games*, then emulate it. I would tbh.

*PM64 isn't crummy
Eehhhh I can afford it, and I’d only be paying for one year. One year is enough time to play every N64 game I’d want to play.

So imma just do it, Y’know? It wouldn’t put me out much.

MooMew64

I bought PM64 on the Wii.

Iirc, isn't the Wii version the best way to play the game?
Yeah, pretty much.

Paper Marios get a little funky when emulated: They use very hardware specific effects to look the way they do. They definitely work without major issues and are fully playable and enjoyable, but you might see a bit of a stutter every now and then when the emulator has to do a funky paper effect (which isn't often at all, thankfully).

However, emulation is constantly improving these issues, and PM64 has an HD texture pack currently in-dev and TTYD has one that's like, I think 70-80% finished, so there's that to consider as well.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Eehhhh I can afford it, and I’d only be paying for one year. One year is enough time to play every N64 game I’d want to play.

So imma just do it, Y’know? It wouldn’t put me out much.
To each their own I guess.

Maybe I'm biased because I don't got 50 bucks to spend and I don't really give a **** about the N64.

That said, PM64 is like the only RPG worth having on the N64, because the rest are straight ass.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
next user to make a commented or pictured post gets a hug, kiss, and tickets to Spider-Man: No Way Home after answering a 9001 paged quiz with 2 billion multiple choice questions

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Paper Mario is probably the game I've tried to play through the most but have never gotten around to beating.

I think I've made it just over half way into the game about 4 separate times (where you recruit the Lakitu guy) before I get burned out and just stop playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom