• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well I'm about to head into the fray of getting my teeth taken out.

I'm gonna cry probably. My phobia of the dentist is the worst, even more so than something like tadpoles.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Man I'm freaking out to all hell now. Going to the dentist in a few hours to get one taken out. Having to get partial dentures cause of how badly my molars have became through injury, decay and stuff.

Just feel embarrassed to get it in my 20s.

Until then I suppose I'll watch Super Cub.

Edit: Did also found a TV station wants to show a 10 minute fluff piece on people like me doing a certain course but knowing them: They'll spin it into something half-assed to make people feel good.
Nah man dental **** is ****ed up, not only are they deemed luxury bones as you need a seperate insurance for teeth, but like, considering the scenario of lying down and having a stranger get in your mouth, it's real normal. Hell, earlier this year I had an especially traumatic experience with a quack of a dentist. It's perfectly normal, so please keep that in mind if you feel embarassed as you shouldn't have to feel so

osby

Smash Obsessed
If that’s the reason that’s the reason but I don’t like that reason and think it’s kind of stupid and like Delphox better then Braixen.
This is just a theory A GAME THEORY but maybe Braixen was also easier to animate as it doesn't have those puffy leg thingies?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Well I'm about to head into the fray of getting my teeth taken out.

I'm gonna cry probably. My phobia of the dentist is the worst, even more so than something like tadpoles.
After spending the majority of this year on dental work i feel your pain.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is just a theory A GAME THEORY but maybe Braixen was also easier to animate as it doesn't have those puffy leg thingies?
You mean the fur version of Geese Howard’s pants? Yeah. That would be really difficult to animate in a Tekken style game. I hope you can sense the obvious sarcasm.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That sounds pretty sucky.

Wanna talk about it?
I guess now I can elaborate a bit

there was this group of people I met during the Smash 4 days for a character I supported

in 2019 though, there was an… incident. I basically took the wrong side without knowing and half of them don’t wanna be my friend anymore

that same half is also friends with some of my friends

so that stings…

and I feel guilty for my last few years with them before that incident. I was going through a rough time and annoyed them all with constant complaining because I lost access to my therapist then and was dealing with a lot

wish I could take it all back but I cannot…

D

Deleted member

So the final Smash balance patch dropped, huh.
CTRL+F:
Terry not found
Ivysaur not found
K. Rool not found
Falcon not found
Zelda not found
Palutena not found
Incineroar not found

Guess my characters weren't touched at all, no nerfs or bu... sees DK and Inkling buffs

Hell yeah, just in time for the Futaba Inkling mod, too.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So had like what it felt to be three blows to my confidence in an hour.

1. What was the main reason for my life: To travel has gotten a hit. Now with Basic Training I can't even journey down to the Republic which ruins what I want to do.
2. Someone forgot to tell me I needed a ****ing form to complete before going to the dentist so that's a delay to get stuff taken out.
3. Argument with one of my IRL friends.

Game feels ****ing rigged.

What a crap day.

Edit:

1 is only delayed.................slightly, just by a week.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I guess now I can elaborate a bit

there was this group of people I met during the Smash 4 days for a character I supported

in 2019 though, there was an… incident. I basically took the wrong side without knowing and half of them don’t wanna be my friend anymore

that same half is also friends with some of my friends

so that stings…

and I feel guilty for my last few years with them before that incident. I was going through a rough time and annoyed them all with constant complaining because I lost access to my therapist then and was dealing with a lot

wish I could take it all back but I cannot…
That’s mad unfortunate, bud.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
and as for Young Justice…Zatanna slayed like a queen
Yes! I don't know how likely it is to be accurate (I still remember how Iron Man 3's Lego sets included things that didn't make it into the movie, like Ben Kingsley actually taking on an active role), but
I was hoping that they'd include Shuma Gorath.

When watching What If, I had a theory that the presence of the giant other-dimensional tentacle creature that appeared in Captain Carter and Strange Supreme's episodes was Shuma-Gorath, and his presence would mean that those characters would take part in the Dr. Strange sequel, so hopefully that comes to pass!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes! I don't know how likely it is to be accurate (I still remember how Iron Man 3's Lego sets included things that didn't make it into the movie, like Ben Kingsley actually taking on an active role), but

When watching What If, I had a theory that the presence of the giant other-dimensional tentacle creature that appeared in Captain Carter and Strange Supreme's episodes was Shuma-Gorath, and his presence would mean that those characters would take part in the Dr. Strange sequel, so hopefully that comes to pass!

Seems pretty legit to be from the movie because:
A puzzle set of Strange fighting Shuma was put out, and it’s listed as merchandise for MoM.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Started watching Jojo part 6 today. It's been a hot minute since I watched Jojo so it's nice to be back. Also I actually read the manga for part 6 a while back so it's nice to see stuff I know get animated even if I don't fully remember everything, and Jolyne is best Jojo. Overall enjoying it so far

Also I think I'm finally gonna start DGS 2 tomorrow. Haven't played anything the whole week since I was too busy with work and decided to spend most of my free time on anime and manga but starting tomorrow i'll try to balance them out

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

there’s been rumors about Captain Carter and Strange Supreme showing up in the movie (with the latter being somewhat teased for the movie with Benedict made a video talking about Spidey and MoM while unable to show his face…and of course possibly the last generation of X-Men
Seems pretty legit to be from the movie because:
A puzzle set of Strange fighting Shuma was put out, and it’s listed as merchandise for MoM.
it was impressive how a puzzle would be one of the movie leaks…and also somehow one of the least damaging leaks in MCU history, especially compared to NWH

D

Deleted member

Me before watching Jojo: "that anime seems cool, although probably the OST won't be THAT great as people say"

Me singing in the shower after Jojo:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
The TGA this year is looking pretty great, Reggies back, Dread is up for game of the year, that rumored reveal thats been in the works forever, I’m pretty excited for it.

Though, I’m still salty about Doom Eternal being snubbed so hard last year. This time they better cater specifically to my desires or there will be hell to pay!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Looks who's returning to TGA
There's also his response:

It's going to be legendary, and possibly tied to some sort of Nintendo announcement, so you know what that means...

(honestly, I wouldn't even take this tweet as any sort of hint; I was just looking for an excuse to post that video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom