• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The TGA this year is looking pretty great, Reggies back, Dread is up for game of the year, that rumored reveal thats been in the works forever, I’m pretty excited for it.

Though, I’m still salty about Doom Eternal being snubbed so hard last year. This time they better cater specifically to my desires or there will be hell to pay!
What rumoured reveal? It sounds like you mean that '2 and a half year wait' thing that was already tweeted, which is probably BotW2.

Speaking of, I wonder if this new BotW2 trailer will not only give us a showcase to see what's actually new beyond flamethrower arm, but also a damn name

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Went and bought Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX on my Xbox. :ultsora:

I waited through the whole Xbox Black Friday sale only for it (and the other series titles) not go on sale so I am stuck with paying full price. :glare:

Other Kingdom Hearts titles will be bought at some later time.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
With Big Brain Academy: Brain vs Brain releasing tomorrow and getting a Pokémon Evolutions episode today, I think it's safe to say we're not getting Legends: Arceus news tomorrow...

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
What rumoured reveal? It sounds like you mean that '2 and a half year wait' thing that was already tweeted, which is probably BotW2.

Speaking of, I wonder if this new BotW2 trailer will not only give us a showcase to see what's actually new beyond flamethrower arm, but also a damn name
Yeah, thats what I mean. I actually hope they keep the current name. “The Sequel to the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild” just kinda roles off the tongue y’know? :4pacman:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, thats what I mean. I actually hope they keep the current name. “The Sequel to the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild” just kinda roles off the tongue y’know? :4pacman:
Hey, it's both name and brand recognition at the same time, perfect marketing tactic right there, now we need to have the next big sequel in cinema to simply be called "Sequel to X" or something like "The Marvel Cinematic Universe Adaptation of X"

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Word on the street is that the final title of the game will be The Legend of Zelda: Breath of a Salesman.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man got a few buffs, I'm cool with that. The fact that Crash Bomb and Top Spin were the moves that were adjusted makes me happy since most of Mega Man's stuff is pretty good as is.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I now have a good number of Kingdom Hearts games in my possession.

Now I have a question: Is there a wrong way for a newcomer to begin the series?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So I now have a good number of Kingdom Hearts games in my possession.

Now I have a question: Is there a wrong way for a newcomer to begin the series?
YES

Please play them in order of release, not any silly "canonical order" lists fans make! They were not intended to be played that way: You will 100% be more lost if you try to play them that way!

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo can back me up on this.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well

it’s over…

They’ve moved on. They want me to move on too. So I will.

nevertheless, thanks you guys. And goodbye.

(this is at them, not anyone here)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It’s not though?
There was a problem fetching the tweet

From what I saw the entire event is gone.
Damn, ****ing rip
YES

Please play them in order of release, not any silly "canonical order" lists fans make! They were not intended to be played that way: You will 100% be more lost if you try to play them that way!

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo can back me up on this.
Yeah, in order of release. Most of the time, people get lost because theybare told to skip certain things and only play others. Watch the movies, dont skip them

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Episode 5 of the Pokémon Evolutions series. This time in Sinnoh

I like that they took this story from the perspective of Barry. Through that we got to see his goal to fight and beat his dad as more front and center, and we even got a few new scenes in not only his fight with Palmer, but also his fights with Jupiter and Roark.

That said, I have two major problems here. The first is that Barry felt a little out of character. In the games and even the anime he's a hyperactive kid who dashes off to the next area and fines you for being too slow. Here he's very serious, and while that makes sense for some scenes, others could've done more to show that side of him. The second is the battles as unlike the Zekrom vs Volcarona or Lunala vs Necrozma matches the Pokemon just stand around taking hits and then retaliating, ironically like a turn based battle. It made them feel less dynamic and fun to watch like the others.

Still a good episode, but could use some tweaks.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Gamers be like: Ah yeah, I'm so hyped for the game awards

5 minutes later:
View attachment 339394
Me and the besties!
Which one of them is you?

That was not meant to be a question to be answered, so you can skip that if you'd like. Not saying you were on that plane, but don't fall asleep during the awards! You can, but you might miss something good. :p

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom