• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Looking back on Ultimate, one thing that felt kind of underused was the Present menu. I mean, I get it - much like with amiibo, they're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to doing anything with it. Do too little with it (like amiibo post-Wii U), and it feels pointless, and do too much with it (like how some people viewed amiibo-exclusive content like the Fusion difficulty in Metroid: Samus Returns) and people complain because it's locked behind a paywall.

I just feel like more could be done with a menu like that than just giving us six spirits and a single music track. I get it - they probably don't want to require people to buy whole games to get all of the content. (though it's nothing new for the series - Melee required you to have Pikmin 1 save data for 100% completion)

I just figure something could be done with smaller downloadable titles. People might be annoyed by a song being locked behind a $60+ game, but it doesn't seem like it would be as big of a deal if, for example, buying the Switch versions of Dragon Quest 1, 2, or 3 (any one of them, so you have three options and they're all cheap) unlocked the Dragon Quest Overture, or buying any version of Shovel Knight on the Switch (Treasure Trove or any of the individual releases) unlocked Strike the Earth! Plains of Passage, or buying either of the Bayonetta games unlocked You May Call Me Father or The Greatest Jubilee, or buying any of the countless Sonic games on the Switch unlocked Chemical Plant Zone if they couldn't include those songs in the base game (or in the initial DLC release) for whatever reason.

I'm not familiar with the music of Final Fantasy 8, 9, or 10, but I'm sure there's some stand-out song that could be included so that we can get some content from Final Fantasy games beyond 7. (also, how haven't they released FF1-6 for the Switch yet? That seems like a no-brainer)

I'm not sure how possible it is to do something like that, but I figure it would be nice to give the player more than one option to get that content. (plus, due to the timing of Joker's Smash release compared to the release of Persona 5 Royal, we couldn't get Take Over in Smash, which is a huge missed opportunity; getting Sophie's spirit early was nice, but unlocking Take Over in Smash on top of that would be amazing)

Admittedly, all of this is a minor quibble at best, and the game is amazing, a testament to how far this series has come since the N64 days.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
I'll take the faster Finishing Touch, thanks Sakurai and co.

Also, some buffs might catch a lot of people off guard. They buffed:

• Falco F Smash (range matches visual now)
  • Ike Side B (damage / knockback buff)
  • DK Giant Punch (armor comes out faster)
  • Link Up Smash (knockback)
  • Inkling F Smash (sweetspot buff)

Mentioning this here as a bit of forewarning.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Are the sequels really that bad? Aside from the fifth one, from what I looked up they seem to be rated favoritely.

Regardless of good or bad though, I judge movies on my opinion only and not on the ratings of what sites say. Deep Rising (1998) I really enjoy which I got around to rewatching again yesterday and that's a fun b-movie that had a 38% on Rotten Tomatoes (Why no one should take that site for granted). Congo (1995) I also enjoyed despite the negative feedback that film got.
It's probably best to watch them and form your own opinion (that's a good mindset to have), though from what I recall, 5 doesn't have much redeeming qualities. (with the exception of the Suicide Squad movies, I have no idea why Hollywood keeps trying to make Jai Courtney a thing - both Suicide Squad movies were the only times where I found him entertaining)

I liked 3, and while I haven't seen 2 in a while, from what I recall, it's very similar to the first one except in an airport and with a much less memorable villain. (I'm sure that the actors who played the villains did a good job, but they're no Alan Rickman)

I don't remember much of 4 (Live Free or Die Hard).

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's been months. If someone truly cared about that part they would've seen it in theaters while it was still in rotation. :091:
looks at unlucky the Chinese fans hiding from spoilers are…or those who didn’t have enough money and/or family love to be taken to the film

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
how about Sephiroth and Kazuya? I guess they were left alone

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Inkling buffs? Pyra and Min Min nerfs?

LETS ****ING GOOOOOOOO
View attachment 339356
YEEEEEEEES

YES
download (7).gif

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THEY ALSO BUFFED F-SMASH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
she can finally assume her true, final form

there's even a purple alt

it was destiny
Speaking of, do you think I captured her well here?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With next year in the horizon. Figure I list all the movies that have my interest and plan to see so far.

Most anticipated:
The Batman
Jurassic World: Dominion
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Black Adam
Top Gun: Maverick

Looking forward to:
The Black Phone (This is a movie my friend also wants to see)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Samaritan

Interested in or curious about:
Moonfall
Ambulance
Turning Red
Bullet Train
The Man From Toronto
Into the Spider-Verse 2
Animated Mario movie

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Speaking of, do you think I captured her well here?
I will have to look tomorrow 'cause I have to work in the morning and I'm really pushin it for staying up late rn lol

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You sure? The graphics of its Gen 4 style is still in the game (row 15, column 16)

Yes it is:

It’s modeled just isn’t fully implemented because it probably got cut early.
I’ll just wait for the official events to drop. I’m too lazy to do the glitch lol
They're probably planning to do stuff with 'em around Legends, so we probably won't be waiting long.
While this is possible they might not actually release at all. For one Shaymin is already in legends, and two,

they completely removed the event entirely. Which isn’t a good sign

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yes it is:

It’s modeled just isn’t fully implemented because it probably got cut early.

While this is possible they might not actually release at all. For one Shaymin is already in legends, and two,

they completely removed the event entirely. Which isn’t a good sign
But why go through the trouble of making it if you’re not gonna use it?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But why go through the trouble of making it if you’re not gonna use it?
-says this.

Forgets Diamond and Pearl scripted 3 entire events that just don’t exist in the actual game.

Because Gamefreak I guess

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Huh interesting.

Apparently Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey were considered for the voices of Rocket before it went to Bradley Cooper. Honestly rather unsure if they would have done Rocket's voice justice but curious how that would have been in an alternate timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom