• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'm just doing homework rn while listening to (currently) Cool Kids by Echosmith

Imagine having to write an expression for the magnitude of the magnetic field of the wave... :wario:

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

“I’m Avian Hamsa. I`m the ride of a really famous god, so you better treat me nice!”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Hindu mythology. A sacred bird shaped like an aquatic migratory bird, possibly based on geese, swans, or even flamingos. It’s associated with the Supreme Spirit, Ultimate Reality and its flight symbolize emancipation from samsara. Hamsas eat pearls and have the ability to separate milk and water, and good and evil. In Ramayana, it carries messages between divided lovers. Along with certain other gods, Brahma’s divine ride is said to be a specific hamsa.

Skills: Zanma, Dia, Sukunda, Hama

Next time you will meet a demon of the Fury race.

Hamsa’s design is admittedly a joke for what is essentially a pretty significant symbolic animal but I’d be lying if I say I’m not absolutely in love with how it looks. It looks so positively derpy that I can’t help but adore this silly duck in the military get-up. It’s not even technically inaccurate, considering we don’t know the exact type of bird Hamsa is supposed to be. A pretty vanilla demon but I think it works pretty well. Let’s be grateful it’s not a flamingo.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

“I’m Avian Hamsa. I`m the ride of a really famous god, so you better treat me nice!”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Hindu mythology. A sacred bird shaped like an aquatic migratory bird, possibly based on geese, swans, or even flamingos. It’s associated with the Supreme Spirit, Ultimate Reality and its flight symbolize emancipation from samsara. Hamsas eat pearls and have the ability to separate milk and water, and good and evil. In Ramayana, it carries messages between divided lovers. Along with certain other gods, Brahma’s divine ride is said to be a specific hamsa.

Skills: Zanma, Dia, Sukunda, Hama

Next time you will meet a demon of the Fury race.

Hamsa’s design is admittedly a joke for what is essentially a pretty significant symbolic animal but I’d be lying if I say I’m not absolutely in love with how it looks. It looks so positively derpy that I can’t help but adore this silly duck in the military get-up. It’s not even technically inaccurate, considering we don’t know the exact type of bird Hamsa is supposed to be. A pretty vanilla demon but I think it works pretty well. Let’s be grateful it’s not a flamingo.
Ayo now I'm curious, did SMT get you to be interested in various mythologies or were you already a mythology geek beforehand?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ayo now I'm curious, did SMT get you to be interested in various mythologies or were you already a mythology geek beforehand?
The latter, but Megami Tensei introduced me to a lot of figures and myths I wouldn't be familiar with otherwise.

Half of the fun of this project is sharing the stuff I learned by playing the games and the other is geeking over my obscure faves.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Vegeta's character arc is getting training, having his one second of badassery and flexing his brand new powers, and then jobbing immediately.

Happened in Resurrection F.
Happened in Goku Black.
Happened in ToP.
Happened in Moro arc.
Literally just happened in the manga two months ago.

Toyotaro's never gonna let Vegeta get a W lmao
I’d like to count the Goku Blaxk arc as half a win since Trunks both has half of Vegeta’s genes and was the victor of the arc
Power levels are bull****.
400585E5-13AC-405F-AA9D-85059AAD870C.png

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I want to see the official placement of all Pokémon regions on a world map.

I don't care if it doesn't include the regions outside of the core games, just let me see one.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Got some more concept art for a character from Asteria! Once again, this concept art was drawn by HaikuHello.

This character is named David, and I won't say too much about em' yet... but oh boy, he's one of my favorites.
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Noipoi Noipoi Wademan94 Wademan94 @Jotadé MooMew64 MooMew64

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
The latter, but Megami Tensei introduced me to a lot of figures and myths I wouldn't be familiar with otherwise.

Half of the fun of this project is sharing the stuff I learned by playing the games and the other is geeking over my obscure faves.
Oh awesome dude
I liked and knew a bit of mythology beforehand, but a game kinda introduced me to way more figures than I'd ever imagine.
Only difference is that that game isn't SMT but rather Rodeo Stampede on the iOS and Android stores LOLLLL

Though that game showed me some cool af figures, given that one level you can play on is Olympus

Quetzalcoatl, A Feathered Serpent Mesopotamian Deity often associated with the Planet Venus
Y Ddraig Goch, the Welsh Dragon that King Arthur is said to have fought
Jörmungandr, A Norse serpent said to have started Ragnorak given its sheer size
and Corvus, a bird associated with stories about the Greek God Apollo

To name a few : )

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Will and Jada Pinkett Smith need to ****ing chill

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Don't worry, we don't have that kind of Pokemon fans in this thread.

I hope...
Listen, it's not my fault if I had a crush on May when I was roughly her age, and dear lord it's been almost 20 years.

TheMightyP TheMightyP Metallinatus Metallinatus I think I might be a Chun-Li main after all
Nice, one more believer converted to the church of "jumps giggles raises hand doing the victory sign YATTA!"

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Twitter is ranking the Spider-Man movies so I thought I'd do one here.

1. Spider-Man 2
  2. Spider-Man
  3. Into the Spider-Verse
  4. Far from Home
  5. Spider-Man 3
  6. Homecoming
  7. TASM
  8. TASM 2

Although it's admittedly been a while since I've seen TASM so maybe I'm due for a rewatch sometime.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Welcome to the club, what made you switch?

Did you like her playstyle? Did Ryu not work out?
I just really liked her playstyle. She just clicked with me so well. Ryu and Ken are still fun but if I'm ever gonna start grinding to become the best Street Fighter player in the world for some reason I'll probably try to get better with Chun.
Or were you like me and picked her because of her thig--theme, yeah. Damn typos.
also i do like muscular women even if chun-li isn't quite exactly my type

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Doing alright. My job is fine but it’s also not something I see myself doing for much longer. Once the holiday season is up, I’m outta here.

Pondering ways to make my art career more lucrative, instead of getting one commission every three months.
Try sharing your art everywhere. People will see it and might want to see more.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Twitter is ranking the Spider-Man movies so I thought I'd do one here.

1. Spider-Man 2
  2. Spider-Man
  3. Into the Spider-Verse
  4. Far from Home
  5. Spider-Man 3
  6. Homecoming
  7. TASM
  8. TASM 2

Although it's admittedly been a while since I've seen TASM so maybe I'm due for a rewatch sometime.
Spider-Man 2 will always be the best Spidey film there is. I wasn't particularly a fan of the Amazing Spider Man films even though Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone did pretty well in their acting performance.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I just really liked her playstyle. She just clicked with me so well. Ryu and Ken are still fun but if I'm ever gonna start grinding to become the best Street Fighter player in the world for some reason I'll probably try to get better with Chun.
Just note that her special inputs aren't as consistent between SF games as Ryu and Guile's.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
You know for the longest time I couldn't get into fighting games due to the bad taste Street Fighter 2 initially left in my mouth

Now I can't stop playing Street Fighter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom