• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to this. It works really well for Pikachu and Eevee, but it's a bit jarring when all other pokemon are still using (often outdated) digital cries next to them.

It'd be a lot of extra work though, especially when you consider a lot of pokemon have different names in different languages, so I'm not counting on it happening. But I don't think it'd be entirely unfeasable.
Especially when the Eeveelutions and Pichu/Raichu still use the digital sounds.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wouldn't it have been funny if the banner art was falsely leaked before any of the DLC came out? 😅
The text requirement has got to be revised

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My top ten for Multiversus:

1. Lion-O (Thundercats)
2. Samurai Jack
3. Marvin the Martian (Looney Tunes)
4. Rosie (The Jetsons)
5. Sloth (The Goonies)
6. Stripe (Gremlins)
7. **** Dastardly (Wacky Races)
8. Raven (Teen Tita
9. Ice Bear (We Bare Bears)
10. Austin Powers

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

“I’m Holy Heqet. I hope we become the best of best friends.”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Egyptian mythology. A frog goddess governing Nile’s flooding, fertility, and childbirth. She might have been derived from the creation myth of Hermopolis, where four frog gods existed before man. She breathed life into the new body of Horus during his birth. She is also considered to be an aspect of Isis and the wife of Khnum. Midwives in ancient Egypt were called the “Servants of Heqet” and she was worshipped as “she who hastens the birth.”

Skills: Bufu, Dia, Sukukaja

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Fallen race.

If I had a dollar for every frog goddess in SMT, I’d have two dollars. Anyway, I dig how Heqet is just a cartoon frog. Even if it’s a weird choice, it weirdly fits her. Her bracelets are shaped like ankhs, keys of life, which represent her role as a midwife rather nicely. She mostly fills the role of a low-level demon, a proper position for an unassuming deity.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Has this been shared yet?
Tldr: Classic versions are back on Steam. The trilogy will receive multiple patches, one coming soon. Devs are being harassed, that ███ ain’t cool.

Overall, solid W. Viva La Mods!

toonito

Smash Ace
The live action cow boy bebop show massacred my girl Ed so bad, oh my lord

I was watching the streamer show food play the game yesterday and because of the exp share always being on, all his Pokemon were way over leveled and he was One shooting mostly everything. He had three pokémon and was only using one, his Monferno
like being overleveled doesn't bother me at all

its Pokemon. in terms of single player one you figure out what types are effective/not effective against the others the games are a breeze. I can't speak for competitive since I don't play it.

The only games I found hard were Red and Blue because there was no guide since it was new and I had an overleveled :006:. Once he went down against Gary (I was so mad at the reveal since its called the Elite 4 emphasis on FOUR and they were a ***** to get through) i was screwed and to find out I had to start over from the beginning I chucked my Game Boy at the wall in my room lol.

Other than that Red in GSC and Cynthia in Platinum are honestly the only other trainers that gave me some challenge.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I haven’t kept up with Xenoverse recently, so I wasn’t aware of this. Is your launcher updated? Their Twitter doesn’t have anything but I’m on mobile so maybe I missed the code on YouTube.

If that still doesn’t work I would check the discord and see if the code is bugged.
I updated my launcher when I opened the game. I can check again, but I did update it.

Reactions: Z25

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The live action cow boy bebop show massacred my girl Ed so bad, oh my lord
A character as charming as Ed can only exist in the world of animation so that really isnt surprising.

Has this been shared yet?
Tldr: Classic versions are back on Steam. The trilogy will receive multiple patches, one coming soon. Devs are being harassed, that ███ ain’t cool.

Overall, solid W. Viva La Mods!
I would argue the harassment was kinda justified this time as without it they wouldnt have released the original versions of the GTA games on steam, remember they removed them from storefronts just for these terrible remasters lol

D

Deleted member

Let's go... again:

Thinking about doing a run only with Johto Pokemon this time around.
Also I might or might not have paid a bit extra just so I don't have to deal with the eyesore that's the German boxart.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I would argue the harassment was kinda justified this time as without it they wouldnt have released the original versions of the GTA games on steam, remember they removed them from storefronts just for these terrible remasters lol
That's on the corporate leaders at Rockstar, not the devs.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So you are saying I can harras a chef at a restaurant when the owner is the one ****ing up everything and the chefs arent?
For example like most kitchen nightmares episodes, the owner isn't bringing in the freshest of foods and or is telling the cooks to rush out food using pre frozen food and nasty leftovers

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Harassing devs would honestly just make the product worse tbh, you're attacking them which is gonna **** with their morale and that's gonna harm their work ethic.
Not to mention, you're conditioning developers to be less transparent. If any mistake they (or more likely, higher-ups) make is gonna result in personal attacks, they'll try and protect themselves by stopping to communicate with the fans.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Not to mention, you're conditioning developers to be less transparent. If any mistake they (or more likely, higher-ups) make is gonna result in personal attacks, they'll try and protect themselves by stopping to communicate with the fans.
Then combine that with any and all pressure they're gonna be getting from higher ups on top of any ****ty work practices going on and it's no wonder the industry suffers from a lot of burnout.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Nice Nice
It's under a subscription model, but dude, if it isn't asking for a liver like Adobe does, then I might bite.

I would absolutely love to have a workflow that uses CSP and Procreate together: Procreate is amazing, but precise digital lineart is not it's forte thanks to the lack of true stabilizers. Using Procreate for sketching and painting while using CSP for lineart would be amazing, as from what I've heard, CSP is basically the modern equivalent to Paint Tool SAI.

Gonna be looking into this. I wanna start getting MooMew content going (He's an impatient little bugger and is ready to debut!) but with all the new stuff I'm learning, I think I'm gonna draw a new model here, and man oh man would having access to CSP make that process a whole lot smoother.

Yes, I know PC has a one time purchase, but here's the thing: I don't wanna invest into a Wacom Cintiq atm. I still have access to my old Intuos, but IDK man, I respect people who can do it, but I gotta see what I'm drawing in front of me: The disconnect from not seeing my hand while I draw was part of why projects that should have only taken a few hours took days to complete in my early stuff. iPads are starting to become rising stars in the art world thanks to being multi-purpose machines, IOS being incredibly good, and being battery operated and completely portable. Cintiqs are BEEG bois and I have no idea how I would fit that into my living space right now, I'm barely making things work in this room as it stands, lol.

EDIT: Plus, gesture drawing, man: Procreate opened my eyes to the magic that is gesture drawing, lol.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
My top 10 for multiversus(in no particular order)

1.Charlie the Robot
2.Jasper
3.Dumbledore or Voldemort
4.Chowder
5.Cheese(Foster's home for imaginary friends)
6.Wicked Witch of the West
7.George Lopez(Yes Warner Bros owns his sitcom I looked it up lmao)
8.Sheldon Cooper
9.A Teen Titan
10.Joker

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
How do you think they would handle the Shadow Mewtwo from Pokkén in the core series? An alternate form? A kind of mega evolution/battle bond ability for an event Mewtwo? A kind of Mewtwo evolution given when you trade it with the Shadow Synergy Stone as a held item?
I think Shadow Mewtwo as an event mon would be very cool.

Noipoi

Howdy!
How do you think they would handle the Shadow Mewtwo from Pokkén in the core series? An alternate form? A kind of mega evolution/battle bond ability for an event Mewtwo? A kind of Mewtwo evolution given when you trade it with the Shadow Synergy Stone as a held item?
I think Shadow Mewtwo would work best as a boss for some sort of Pokémon fighting game.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I got put into the Vtuber hell hole because I listened to a hololive cover of Sorairo Days and now it's all over my recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom