• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Watching Markiplier play a horror game for the first time in god knows how long.

I guess I never got past Middle School
While I still watch and enjoy his FNAF and Subnautica videos once in a while, I quite enjoy his horror playthroughs where he's more calmer and when he gets scared, it feels alot more genuine, like his At Dead of Night and Darkwood playthroughs.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I watched the edgy youtubers growing up that are obviously either completely different now (edups/joji) or have been wiped off the platform (mumkey) entirely. Probably wasn't the best idea, all things considered.

At least I didn't watch Leafy. i-i watched the british leafy aka pyro

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The original FNaF's sudden rise to popularity was the reason I even discovered Markiplier in the first place.

I had probably watched some of his content before, but I never memorized the username or the man himself until I started watching him play Five Night's at Freddy's.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why do I pull up the Wikipedia home page out of boredom and see them having a Belle Delphine ahegao gif front and center on the ****ing website?

:191:

Man, they must really need those donations.

1636449951676.png

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You ever find it amusing that the Pokémon in smash use their anime voices instead of the game cries?

Maybe that’s how it should be in the games too. Just saying.
Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to this. It works really well for Pikachu and Eevee, but it's a bit jarring when all other pokemon are still using (often outdated) digital cries next to them.

It'd be a lot of extra work though, especially when you consider a lot of pokemon have different names in different languages, so I'm not counting on it happening. But I don't think it'd be entirely unfeasable.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You ever find it amusing that the Pokémon in smash use their anime voices instead of the game cries?

Maybe that’s how it should be in the games too. Just saying.
Pikachu does nowadays since Gen 6, and honestly I'm surprised they haven't done it to Jigglypuff.

I do agree to an extent though, they've gotta be running out of soundbytes. Some of these cries are just ridiculous.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My one requirement for fully voice acted pokemons is that the Porygon line all keep their old cries, since it'd still be fitting.
Cries have to stay so Skuntank can continue to be a long wet fart.
Okay fine that cry can stay as well.

And so can Krikitune's.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean

They all do something completely different than each other.

I guess if I had to personally pick a favorite, it'd probably be Rivals die to its extensive modding community that's getting bigger and better every day, but TBH that's just a personal opinion from one who's only played that one out of the four you listed.
if on a discount and if you like Nickelodeon, definitely try out NASB. Fun game to play

Ivander

Smash Legend
The original FNaF's sudden rise to popularity was the reason I even discovered Markiplier in the first place.

I had probably watched some of his content before, but I never memorized the username or the man himself until I started watching him play Five Night's at Freddy's.
I might be one of the few, if not the only one here, who discovered him before FNAF. Or at least, found him and his channel not because of FNAF. It was actually SCP Containment Breach.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Some thoughts on Brilliant Diamond:

Played about an hour and a half and didn’t get super far, but it’s all super solid so far!

Gonna play more tomorrow: Part of why I didn’t get very far is ‘cause I’m super tired from work today ATM and it’s late, so I actually was struggling to stay awake, lol.

Noipoi Noipoi Pokelego999 Pokelego999 ‘cause pocket moon

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Huh, didn't think about it like that.

You're right
The same **** happened with the Grinch garbage, people gleefully saying that we're actually getting 7 characters announced in the span of a month and being awful people on top of it being greeted by Incineroar was very ****ing onbrand for Incineroar

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The same **** happened with the Grinch garbage, people gleefully saying that we're actually getting 7 characters announced in the span of a month and being awful people on top of it being greeted by Incineroar was very ****ing onbrand for Incineroar
tbh that thing will never not be funny in hindsight

people really were banking on the “Sakurai’s a lier!” nonsense

osby

Smash Obsessed
So... I guess we have a new cat now:

20211120_082305 (1).jpg

Minnoş has been around the house for years now but lately, he's been getting too old for spending the night outside in winter. He's not super domestic and dislikes pets but I think he likes it here for now.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This post will look so funny in hindsight when those characters will be in Fighter Pass 3.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I was about to say good morning but I think I'll see myself out before I get myself banned again

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 @Wario Bros., I've been trying to claim the Brilliant and Shining Leafeon and Glaceon in Xenoverse using the codes on their Youtube channel, but when I enter it it says the codes are not valid. Any idea why this is? And yes I spelt them correctly.
I haven’t kept up with Xenoverse recently, so I wasn’t aware of this. Is your launcher updated? Their Twitter doesn’t have anything but I’m on mobile so maybe I missed the code on YouTube.

If that still doesn’t work I would check the discord and see if the code is bugged.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just finally got around to starting Brilliant Diamond and heck the nostalgia bomb has already hit me. I was not ready.

Honestly the chibi style has already really grown on me. It's got this clean, glossy look to it that I feel really matches the atmosphere of Sinnoh well.

Edit: The sound quality though, ick.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Guys. I'm still alive. Didn't post here yesterday cause I had the toothache from hell. So Lamperouge Lamperouge and Noipoi Noipoi and all my other ones here I'm still fond of, I'm ok.

Just had to do some DIY dental surgery on myself.

However I'm stuck on what to get on the Black Friday sale. Switch side is fine. Gonna get Death End re;Quest and some golf indie game with my local economy card. Stuck between Miles Morales, Like a Dragon and Assassin's Creed Valhalla for the PS4 side. Outside of Switch copy 45, gonna be done with getting games until Horizon.

In short on the PS4 side might want help deciding.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guys. I'm still alive. Didn't post here yesterday cause I had the toothache from hell. So Lamperouge Lamperouge and Noipoi Noipoi and all my other ones here I'm still fond of, I'm ok.

Just had to do some DIY dental surgery on myself.

However I'm stuck on what to get on the Black Friday sale. Switch side is fine. Gonna get Death End re;Quest and some golf indie game with my local economy card. Stuck between Miles Morales, Like a Dragon and Assassin's Creed Valhalla for the PS4 side. Outside of Switch copy 45, gonna be done with getting games until Horizon.

In short on the PS4 side might want help deciding.
I liked the Miles game quite a bit, but if you want your money's worth, As the Miles game is shorter than the first Spider-Man title. You might want Like A Dragon.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Good early morning to ya. Time to go Thanksgiving shopping. Hopefully I'm beating the crowd by going at 7:30am. Going to be bummed if I can't get any rotisserie chicken. Living alone, a $5-6 dollar 3-meal dinner is fantastic.

Was able to win another anime cel off Yahoo Auctions, this time from Yu Yu Hakusho; still waiting for the perfect Kuwabara cel to pop up though as he's my fav. Lots of nice Urusei Yatsura cels come up tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Finally started watching Naruto

Honestly that first episode is a pretty strong start
I remember the world premier on Toonami back in the day. The introduction arc is definitely one the strongest despite how short it is. Believe it!

toonito

Smash Ace
EXP Share is just convenient. I think having the ability to turn it off for a challenge would be fun, but honestly, I don't want it to be completely removed just for the sake of being more like the original. I don't wanna spend hours grinding in Pokemon when I could just have the EXP share, haha.
i agree

however people should have the option of turning it off. it doesn't make sense since IIRC every other generation had it as optional

i've personally always keep it on cause grinding via battles is lame

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The live action cow boy bebop show massacred my girl Ed so bad, oh my lord
i agree

however people should have the option of turning it off. it doesn't make sense since IIRC every other generation had it as optional

i've personally always keep it on cause grinding via battles is lame
I was watching the streamer show food play the game yesterday and because of the exp share always being on, all his Pokemon were way over leveled and he was One shooting mostly everything. He had three pokémon and was only using one, his Monferno

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom