• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah, what game are you doing?
Starting with X. Then Alpha Sapphire. Then Ultra Moon. Complete Regional Dex Only. Not ****ing with national sexed because that would involve mostly trading for like 800 Pokémon. Once I’m done with the 3DS games it’s time for Shining Pearl. Then I guess I’ll play legends arceus in February even if I really don’t like the concept.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Starting with X. Then Alpha Sapphire. Then Ultra Moon. Complete Regional Dex Only. Not ****ing with national sexed because that would involve mostly trading for like 800 Pokémon. Once I’m done with the 3DS games it’s time for Shining Pearl. Then I guess I’ll play legends arceus in February even if I really don’t like the concept.
The national WHAT?

093C3E21-94FB-4C3A-8945-613886CFF337.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean EXP share is just like how they do party members in every other RPG. The only reason people miss not having it is because they started Pokémon without it for some reason.
Now, I started with Pokemon Black but man did I hate grinding to get fully evolved mons. I didn't even use them, I just took them to victory road and called in my lvl100 starter to wash them.
Ah, my first pirated DVD, i vividly remember my dad doing that because he really hated Spongebob and didnt want to sit through an entire film of a thing he hated.
His loss tbh

Now, I gonna take a nap, but before I do, I wamt to get this off my chest

Sun and Moon has a better story than both Gen 5 games.

Now argue

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean EXP share is just like how they do party members in every other RPG. The only reason people miss not having it is because they started Pokémon without it for some reason.
Most rpgs also have double/Tripple battles as just the norm. Your entire party battles at once.

Imagine if Pokémon battles were always 6v6 and wild battles let you face off against more then 6 of them at a time.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I happen to have UM myself. Once you get there, just DM me if there's a specific mon you need.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
EXP Share is just convenient. I think having the ability to turn it off for a challenge would be fun, but honestly, I don't want it to be completely removed just for the sake of being more like the original. I don't wanna spend hours grinding in Pokemon when I could just have the EXP share, haha.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Most rpgs also have double/Tripple battles as just the norm. Your entire party battles at once.

Imagine if Pokémon battles were always 6v6 and wild battles let you face off against more then 6 of them at a time.
That sounds dope honestly but no I mean even your backup party that isn’t in battle get EXP. it’s an RPG trope.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
EXP Share is just convenient. I think having the ability to turn it off for a challenge would be fun, but honestly, I don't want it to be completely removed just for the sake of being more like the original. I don't wanna spend hours grinding in Pokemon when I could just have the EXP share, haha.
Trust me, as someone who played the older games, EXP grinding was p a i n. I could never get enough and often had to beat the games with underleveled teams cause it was so difficult to grind.

And don't get me started on Gen 2.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Trust me, as someone who played the older games, EXP grinding was p a i n. I could never get enough and often had to beat the games with underleveled teams cause it was so difficult to grind.

Oh yeah, grinding was one of my least favorite parts of Pokemon Red, haha.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean one of the biggest reasons they added EXP Share for Pokémon is because research showed that most new players only used the starters and maybe one other Pokémon and just blast through the game. It wasn’t added for no reason.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The guard dog my mom adopted hasnt been seen since this morning, this is a little concerning.

I doubt he was run over by a car because ive been around the road all day i think i would have noticed if he was.
My prayers go out to your family. I hope you're able to find the dog soon if he doesn't return on his own.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Only if our eyes meet.
The 3D games made that untrue as well, I remember in Sun and Moon one of the stretching swimmers caught me when she was bending down and looking between her legs. Like, my eyes are not below crotch level ma'am. Lazy GameFrEAK at it again.

Or maybe this was their way of telling kids not to stare at someones ass.

SKX31

Smash Master
I mean one of the biggest reasons they added EXP Share for Pokémon is because research showed that most new players only used the starters and maybe one other Pokémon and just blast through the game. It wasn’t added for no reason.
While I'd like to see a link to that research...

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. Besides an anecdotal example back when I was 11-12 and played Silver (where Cyndaquil did most of the work even as I used other 'Mons like Skarmony) I'd imagine that most casual Pokemon players hard-commit towards finishing the campaign portion and / or mainly play standard battles. And in those situations most players are going to rely on one or a couple 'Mons until they faint.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Have you watched Re:Creators? It follows that premise, and it's one of my favorite anime.
Ive seen it.

I lowkey want Selesia and Rui to be playable characters in a Super Robot wars game someday.
They'd have to bend the plot of the show a bit to work but they made Cowboy Bebop's plot work and i feel that made less sense to include in an SRW game lol

Hope he returns home safely. Best wishes to you and your mom
Thanks.

Update: Just as i finished typing this i heard him scratching the door. He's all dirty so it looks like he was on some adventure but otherwise he's fine.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
When I replayed Crystal on the 3DS, I bred a Charmander with Belly Drum after beating the E4 and raised it from lv 5 to 60 something to use as my ace against Red. Fear me.

Well, Exp. Share has been in the games since Red, but back then it was your reward for catching like 40 Pokémon or something.

Oh and btw did you start X already, SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 ? Still want to trade starters before starting for reals? I'mma DM you.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That sounds dope honestly but no I mean even your backup party that isn’t in battle get EXP. it’s an RPG trope.
Not all though. Most of the ones I played growing up only gave exp to party members who were in battle.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Something ive always liked about Zack's appearance in Kingdom hearts is that they made his outfit a Disneyfied version of the SOLDIER outfit,

It's kinda charming.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Something ive always liked about Zack's appearance in Kingdom hearts is that they made his outfit a Disneyfied version of the SOLDIER outfit,

It's kinda charming.
And Cloud in KH1 was him with his SOLDIER outfit, with Vincent's stuff throw on top of it, and a dark wing. The objectively best Cloud.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
And Cloud in KH1 was him with his SOLDIER outfit, with Vincent's stuff throw on top of it, and a dark wing. The objectively best Cloud.
Ive always wished that "One winged Demon" Cloud was an alt for him in smash. Now with Sora in the game the desire for this only grows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom