• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Just saw the multiversus trailer

Already looks more fun than nasb tbh I love the voice acting and the addition of steven universe. Nice touch that it's free to play too.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Noipoi

Howdy!
What's your team gonna be?
Something original.

I’m thinking Torterra, Staraptor, Luxray, Floatzel, Lucario, and Garchomp.

Seriously, I’m not sure. I planned my team around the assumption that nat dex Pokémon would be in the underground before post game. I’m just gonna wing it, and see what happens.

I’m picking Turtwig tho. He’s my boy.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So splitting my post in two.

I've had a look at Mulitversus and well obvious Smash comparisons aside and seeing how Nick went, I'm not sure. It does look smoother than the latter, and I honestly like the style. Gives off a bit of a comic book vibe.

Warner Bros though does seem to have its own studios making it so it could work out better than some of the others.

Looking at rural train stations are my relaxing thing now on the internet.

1637270011202.png

1637270228422.png

1637270324350.png

1637270395269.png

Number four being one of my locals. I'm just thinking stuff.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
God this game is gonna absorb all my attention like Smash and Lego Dimensions did, isn’t it?
I'm hopin' maybe I'll get a chance to play it via those playtests. Are they handling it as beta test deals, or are they talking about in-person play sessions? (Which NGL would be a bit oof considering what's still going on in the world lol).

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Not gonna lie, MultiVersus looks REALLY interesting. Nickolodeon: All Stars Brawl was nice and all, but not gonna lie, this looks like it's gonna one-up it for me personally. Also, being a voice over nerd, actually getting voice talent to reprise their roles is a major W for me.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Very pleasantly surprised to see the Activision-Blizzard ordeal didn't just fizzle out into nothing in favor of consume product. That's what I was expecting and I'm pretty happy to have been wrong and see some actual pushback come about.
I can guarantee you that had literally the state of California not investigate and sued ActBlizz themselves, it would have fizzled out into nothing in favor of consume product, like every other single time workers come out with big revelations about the work culture in the industry.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Something original.

I’m thinking Torterra, Staraptor, Luxray, Floatzel, Lucario, and Garchomp.

Seriously, I’m not sure. I planned my team around the assumption that nat dex Pokémon would be in the underground before post game. I’m just gonna wing it, and see what happens.

I’m picking Turtwig tho. He’s my boy.
Some Plat mons are in the main game, but not all sadly.

Idk what to plan, I'm thinking of Piplup and uh... well, maybe a ground or poison type I never really used one...

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Also according to the website, the villain of the story is called the nothing.

Which could be the nothing from never ending story, which WB owns. Which is a deep cut reference but sure why not.
I remembered watching the Never Ending Story last year during the Christmas holidays in which I thought the film was really good. Wonder if Falkor the dragon will make an appearance?

Reactions: Z25

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Harley Quinn is an odd choice. She’s definitely popular but also not a major player in the wider DCU, obviously serving second fiddle to The Joker a lot of the time. I kinda wish we got Darkseid or maybe Flash or Green Lantern, but shes not a bad choice.

Glad they didn’t pick Joker though, as much as I love him they shill him to much imo. Especially recently.

Anyhow, WB has so many characters under so many different mediums and styles it’ll be really interesting to see who gets stanned and who doesn’t. Not sure if it’s a game for me cause F2P hasn’t been disproven to my knowledge and I despise perks with a burning passion.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I went with Plantar because it started with a P and ended in R.

Still doesn't sound much like "Peter" but eh.
True but it still works. I hope Otto comes back and helps them against Andrias.
You know, the OC does kinda resemble Falkor to me
Honestly all I can see is one of the older neopets lol.it’s been years since I had one so I do t remember it’s name but it had a similar design.
And this is why voice acting doesn't automatically mean one game is better than another.
The game hasn't even been played by anyone yet.
Literally this.

Dead By Daylight has perks and it’s fine, people love it as a mechanic.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It might even be for the best they recast Zach Callison preformance-wise. They're using Classic Steven for this game, and in the later episodes of S5 you could tell Callison was really struggling to do the voice (I think that was why they did a time-skip even). Rather than forcing him to do that again, we can just get sommeon who can comfortably do it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Dead By Daylight has perks and it’s fine, people love it as a mechanic.
DBD also isn't a free-to-play game which needs to have a bunch of **** to buy in order to compensate for the initial price of $0.00.

And AFAIK, DBD doesn't do esports, therefore they don't care about the game being competitively balanced. Meanwhile, these perks will interfere with any plans to make MV competitive.

MooMew64

DBD also isn't a free-to-play game which needs to have a bunch of **** to buy in order to compensate for the initial price of $0.00.

And AFAIK, DBD doesn't do esports, therefore they don't care about the game being competitively balanced. Meanwhile, these perks will interfere with any plans to make MV competitive.
We don't know how they work yet.

You can't state something like this as objective fact without even knowing how it works in this game.

...Plus, if it's fun, I'm honestly not bothered, TBH. :drshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom