• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If you think that's bad, wait until you read Dante's Inferno.
Also, I just realized that Divine Comedia is somehow even more fanfic-like than Inuyasha somehow. Dante went and said, "all popes I dislike are in hell, the cool pagan poets are in limbo and my crush is second to God himself".

Never allow anyone to say your writing is too self-indulgent.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

osby

Smash Obsessed

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So is Pokemon Journeys the way the series goes from here on out?

Normally they would do a Galar season and then a return to Sinnoh season, but... huh.
Probably and it makes a lot of sense.

Most casual or old Pokémon fans came back when Pokémon Go released, now the anime has Ash, the character they remember from childhood, and Go a representative of the fans who got back into the series because of Pokémon GO.

This structure of we can go to whatever region we want and use whatever characters we want makes sense for fan service and marketability.

The story isn’t in a rush because it’s a world tournament, Ash doesn’t need to get all the badges, fight the league and go. Now he can fight old faces whenever, and Gamefreak doesn’t need to rush out games for the anime to base episodes on.

So I really hope this continues because I’m positive one of the big factors for pokemon Gens having like 2 years development rushed, was the anime and TCG. They needed new Pokémon and characters to meet the merch quota.

But now the anime is doing it’s own thing and very popular on Netflix, and the TCg is making more money than ever thanks to Nostalgia and the pandemic.

Which hopefully relieved Gamefreak of any rush and stress forced upon them.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Probably and it makes a lot of sense.

Most casual or old Pokémon fans came back when Pokémon Go released, now the anime has Ash, the character they remember from childhood, and Go a representative of the fans who got back into the series because of Pokémon GO.

This structure of we can go to whatever region we want and use whatever characters we want makes sense for fan service and marketability.

The story isn’t in a rush because it’s a world tournament, Ash doesn’t need to get all the badges, fight the league and go. Now he can fight old faces whenever, and Gamefreak doesn’t need to rush out games for the anime to base episodes on.

So I really hope this continues because I’m positive one of the big factors for pokemon Gens having like 2 years development rushed, was the anime and TCG. They needed new Pokémon and characters to meet the merch quota.

But now the anime is doing it’s own thing and very popular on Netflix, and the TCg is making more money than ever thanks to Nostalgia and the pandemic.

Which hopefully relieved Gamefreak of any rush and stress forced upon them.
I like the Journey's concept, but I wish we'd get more character focus episodes like we used to. A lot of the characters feel kind of there and do nothing else.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like the Journey's concept, but I wish we'd get more character focus episodes like we used to. A lot of the characters feel kind of there and do nothing else.
That’s kinda of fair. Go is just focused on dex completion. Ash has the goal of beating Leon though which has led him to some episodes focused on training for these fights. Like the Korrina arc this season where Ash got Mega Lucario after encountering her a few times this season.

Bea is also a recurring rival for Ash, with him trying to find ways to win each time.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alriiiiight, osby osby , Got "OFF" downloaded -in it's original state, french dialogue and all - and I played it a bit to be familiar with it.

Think anything I should know that could make the experience more fun/interesting?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
That’s kinda of fair. Go is just focused on dex completion. Ash has the goal of beating Leon though which has led him to some episodes focused on training for these fights. Like the Korrina arc this season where Ash got Mega Lucario after encountering her a few times this season.

Bea is also a recurring rival for Ash, with him trying to find ways to win each time.
Ash's Pokemon like Dragonite and Gengar have done nothing since their debut, and other side characters that reappear a bit like Chrysa and Rinto do absolutely nothing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Alriiiiight, osby osby , Got "OFF" downloaded -in it's original state, french dialogue and all - and I played it a bit to be familiar with it.

Think anything I should know that could make the experience more fun/interesting?
It's been a while since I last played it so I can't give any specifics but uhh...

Don't be scared of using auto-battle if you're stuck or tired, it can carry you through most of the game.
If the random encounter rate doesn't deter you from doing so, look into nooks and crannies whenever you can.
There are some bosses where status ailments are actually very useful, so experiment with them.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Nintendo says Mario movie is "pretty much done" and wants to make more movies afterwards.
Still my cast nominees.

Bowser Jr.: Nick Kroll, Tara Strong
Daisy: Mindy Kaling
Diddy Kong: Billy Eichner, Josh Gad, Tom Holland
Dixie Kong: Amy Poehler
Funky Kong: Andy Samberg
King K. Rool: Benedict Cumberbatch, Stephen Fry
Pauline: Maya Rudolph
Rosalina: Tilda Swinton
Waluigi: Will Arnett
Wario: Danny Devito, David Cross

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's been a while since I last played it so I can't give any specifics but uhh...

Don't be scared of using auto-battle if you're stuck or tired, it can carry you through most of the game.
If the random encounter rate doesn't deter you from doing so, look into nooks and crannies whenever you can.
There are some bosses where status ailments are actually very useful, so experiment with them.
Simple, yet pretty
nice queen.png
advices.

Thanks for answering! I let you know if I face any huge wall on the way. Otherwise, may or may not post my thoughts here and there, we see.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ash's Pokemon like Dragonite and Gengar have done nothing since their debut, and other side characters that reappear a bit like Chrysa and Rinto do absolutely nothing.
Gengar has sat on the sidelines, but it seems to be getting it’s gmax form soon.

Dragonite however clutched the Iris fight pretty hard and won.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Gengar has sat on the sidelines, but it seems to be getting it’s gmax form soon.

Dragonite however clutched the Iris fight pretty hard and won.
I mean, character wise it's done nothing since it evolved. I don't think it has any good relationship with anything else built up other than with Ash, and even then nothing happens with it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, character wise it's done nothing since it evolved. I don't think it has any good relationship with anything else built up other than with Ash, and even then nothing happens with it.
It reminds me a lot of Bayleaf. Has the same personality, his pretty strong, but it’s main gimmick is how friendly it is towards others.
Was funny to see Iris’s dragonite was still the opposite and very angry lol.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
It reminds me a lot of Bayleaf. Has the same personality, his pretty strong, but it’s main gimmick is how friendly it is towards others.
Was funny to see Iris’s dragonite was still the opposite and very angry lol.
Yeah that was fun. But my thing is that at least Bayleef had actual build up to that point and still had interactions with others. Dragonite is lucky to have that one other Dragonite interaction.

Reactions: Z25
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom