• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hissssssssssssss
Either way it still has micro transactions and those only exist for one reason. To allow greedy ******** to go whaling.
I dunno.

Historically, micro transactions have been used to paywall content behind a percent chance rather than a guarantee, but I feel like micro transactions themselves aren't inherently bad.

Clash of Clans/Boom Beach is a good example of this. You can play the entire game without paying a cent: the only difference the microtransactions make is how fast you progress(by speeding up timers mainly)

Fortnite and it's cosmetic-only skins is another good example as well, for somewhat obvious reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Neuro issues or not, for most people it’s really not that hard to avoid spending in a free to play game.

Your also ignoring all the other content a free to play game has, that never need you to pay to feel satisfied with the game. Most companies still strive to put out good quality free to play games most of the time.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It can’t be good if it’s free to play. If it’s free to play it’s full of micro transactions and is no longer a game but instead a gambling program designed to prey on children and the neurodivergent.
I'm not gonna defend microtransactions but honestly, most whales are I've met are either adult people with disposable income and/or content creators who get paid for playing the games they pour money to.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also let’s say you always want the battle pass in Fortnite,

You literally have to buy it once and you never need to again because you get enough v-bucks from each pass to buy the next.

D

Deleted member

Hard to believe that this Sunday is the last day I'll be working over the summer.

it's been a long time coming, but I'm glad I decided to work where I did.

I also got another job lined up now too so my income isn't going to go down the gutter.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
On the topic of MTX, Team Fortress 2 I feel does a fantastic job with them; the entire game is free to play, but you have access to not only every single map and class in the game, while every single thing available for real world purchase is purely cosmetic. You don't need cosmetics to play (regardless of what folks with unusuals tell you), all you gotta do is load up a map and start shooting the people on the other team. It's that simple.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I dunno free to play games aren't bad.

Like, I **** with gacha on the side and so long as you're not a complete idiot and set reasonable boundaries it's hard to overspend. Things have gotten a lot better over the years as regulators have honed in on predatory microtransactions and forced companies to reign things in or risk ****ing things over for everyone.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Acting like paid games don't also try to pull the same **** that's being haphazardly applied to any and all F2P games despite reality proving otherwise is pretty ****ing funny.

Like you don't remember the whole Battlefront 2 fiasco? You're just ignoring that Ultimate Team still gets more focus in EA's sports titles than actually fixing broken and outdated stuff because they'd rather exploit kids?

EA also put out Apex Legends which is F2P and the monetisation in that is significantly less harmful

I love free to piss games
Good Shot m8

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
idk man the microtransactions in Minecraft seem good most of it is even community members getting paid.

what seems to be a rarity system in the character creator is dumb though, considering there’s no actual “rarity” since there’s no loot boxes or anything like that. I think they at least reduced emote prices to 5 dollars at most but not sure, might be wrong.

(the creator items don’t explicitly say a rarity iirc but they have different prices matching a color so y’know)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I used to play gacha games a lot in my middle school years. Never spent any money, but I know first hand how addictive it is.

I still play a few of them. Mostly TCG ones like MTG Arena and Yugioh Duel Links.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm not gonna defend microtransactions but honestly, most whales are I've met are either adult people with disposable income and/or content creators who get paid for playing the games they pour money to.
You just arent looking hard enough because there are the adult people that whale themselves into debt

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Competitive Gamers and Weirdo Media Analysts when Lizardman changes Facebook's name to "Meta"

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You just arent looking hard enough because there are the adult people that whale themselves into debt
You're right, but the irony of saying this while having a Cookie Run pfp
Competitive Gamers and Weirdo Media Analysts when Lizardman changes Facebook's name to "Meta"

Bruh that name change actually ****ing sucks lmao.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You're right, but the irony of saying this while having a Cookie Run pfp
The joke here is I havent spent a cent on this game and I have 7 epic cookies. In fact, i just got the new new one that just got added after todays update on my first roll from gems the company gave me for free. Hell, I got Espresso as a free login bonus👌👌

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom