• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Evening people. I had a fun day damaging the crap out of my shoulder from cycling so that sucsk.

So here's my new favourite song from K-On.

FUWA FUWA TIME!

Tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge cause I think he should watch the show and @Dyllybirdy cause she's another weeb like me.

It's also just a damn good song in general.
Man, this makes me nostalgic. Kinda made feel like digging out the PSP game again... until I remembered the d-pad of the PSP fat sucks for rhythm games. But I like how everyone feels different. Like Mio being controlled with the d-pad, due to her being left handed, while others, like Yui, use the face buttons.

Shame they never made a sequel or at least DLC with the season two songs.

Shroob

Sup?
So, did NASB die already?

Noticed a certain someone who may or may not be on the front page saying the Discord is dead as ****, and I haven't really seen a whole lot of it aside from HBox as of late.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ok this show is pretty great:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Definitely earns its rating though.
this is Inside Job, right?

I've considered watching it, given how much Alex Hirch is promoting it. Really wish I hadn't seen this, but now I'm definitely going to.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I've considered watching it, given how much Alex Hirch is promoting it. Really wish I hadn't seen this, but now I'm definitely going to.
Yes it is, it went out on Netflix today. It’s pretty fun so far. Gives me vibes of if the Office met the Harley Quinn Show.

Shroob

Sup?
I do want the game to succeed, but man, I can't help but feel like it needs a lot of polish.

In its current state, it just doesn't feel worth the 50$ asking price.

A lot of it isn't the fault of the devs, like, the lack of voice acting, but god it's just, janky and frankly unappealing to look at in a lot of places, IMO. If it were like, 20 bucks? I'd 100% get it, but 50$? Ehhhhh no.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I do want the game to succeed, but man, I can't help but feel like it needs a lot of polish.

In its current state, it just doesn't feel worth the 50$ asking price.

A lot of it isn't the fault of the devs, like, the lack of voice acting, but god it's just, janky and frankly unappealing to look at in a lot of places, IMO. If it were like, 20 bucks? I'd 100% get it, but 50$? Ehhhhh no.
It's gonna live and die by appealing to Melee fans who don't like Ultimate/are upset at the current state of comp Smash.

TBH, it's core appeal is the jank: It's trying really hard to be Melee 2.0 with some twists. It does look super fun, but maaaaan you're right: The game definitely shouldn't have come out yet, it needed at least another 6 or so months before it probably would've been ready.

That said, I still plan to pick it up after Garfield gets patched in and it goes on a Steam sale.

It also has to compete with Rivals of Aether, and Rivals has much, *much more polish as well as a built in Steam Workshop that's getting insane levels of quality content. It's gonna be an uphill battle.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The game definitely shouldn't have come out yet, it needed at least another 6 or so months before it probably would've been ready.
Blame Nickelodeon for that, they wanted their money ASAP, as usual. At least they let Ludosity go with their oddball picks after months of begging, but Ludosity apparently couldn't beg for extra time to finish the dummied out content.

MooMew64

Blame Nickelodeon for that, they wanted their money ASAP, as usual. At least they let Ludosity go with their oddball picks after months of begging, but Ludosity apparently couldn't beg for extra time to finish the dummied out content.
I fully understand it ain't their fault, but it's still the hand they were dealt and it has affect the game a lot. I hope it sees a Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid type niche support group and post-launch glow-up, but it really does depend on how much money Nick really gives them.

It also depends on who the DLC is: As much as some people may groan, meme picks are gonna be essential to keeping casual interest, and TBH I really think they need to get some more casual stuff in there period: The game is way too Melee tourney scene focused ATM.

Last edited:

MooMew64

You mean like Nigel Thornberry or Hugh Neutron? Because the NASB fanbase has different standards, so they aren't met with the same groans and mehs.
Yeah, picks like those. I personally love them, even outside of the memes, but they are definitely "meme picks" in that the goofy jokes are the main appeal. It'll help keep the casual crowd entertained.

I really do wanna see this game do well, but it admittedly has a tough road ahead of it. I'm really curious to see how it shapes up: I am rooting for them!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Finished Olympus Colyseum, but I didn’t seal the keyhole there and pop the achievement so I guess that will only happen after I go back and beat the optional cups (bum bum bum bum dunudunudunudunu). Was Hercules voiced by Sean Astin in the movie? Cause that was clearly him doing it here. Also I get that the cast of 7R is new and this was one of the first times the old guy ever played Cloud at all but that just did not sound right. Eh. Good world. On to Tarzan. I actually haven’t seen that one but I know the jist.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If they did put Hugh in All star Brawl, I could honestly see him attract a lot of players. His voice actor is pretty well known and liked for the memes and dubs he does for the character. I think a lot of people would have a blast with that.

The biggest flaw is definitely no voice acting though. The meme voices lines and fun depths they could add to moves would make playing the game pretty fun.

MooMew64

I also think animations need a toooon of tweaking: The lack of any real wind up or impact just makes the whole game look choppy. I get it, cancelling looks hype to tourney players, but when we have attacks that have hitboxes that don't match the animation, or characters like Danny who don't even look finished IMO, there's a bit of an issues in my eyes.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
hitboxes that don't match the animation
Don't worry, competitive players want that fixed too. Rep's requested that people list various hitbox issues on Twitter.

Also Danny looking incomplete might just be a side effect of Butch Hartman characters (or in Danny's case, someone emulating Butch's style) never looking good in 3D. See: Jimmy Timmy Power Hour

MooMew64

Don't worry, competitive players want that fixed too. Rep's requested that people list various hitbox issues on Twitter.

Also Danny looking incomplete might just be a side effect of Butch Hartman characters (or in Danny's case, someone emulating Butch's style) never looking good in 3D. See: Jimmy Timmy Power Hour
It could just be Butch's style, but then again, I also got a lot of issues with how Aang looks: His face looks reeeeaaaaalllyyyyy weird, especially during the taunts. Granted, even Ultimate has this issue with a few select characters like Marth and Shulk, but still, I hope they improve the model some down the road.

The Spongebob cast, Reptar, Zim, the Turtles, Toph, April, and Korra all look amazing, though. I don't like Ren and Stimpy much but that's mainly 'cause I never personally liked the cartoon, lol.

Just a penguin

Smash Master

From what I’ve heard, Butch Hartman’s animation curses all that it touches. Also, I’m pretty sure he tried to set up a tv channel that was clearly a scam.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I also got a lot of issues with how Aang looks: His face looks reeeeaaaaalllyyyyy weird
Well I can't justify that, Avatar's characters were designed to be looked at at more angles than anything in the Hartman style.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Oh, I got a prompt to check that out after finishing this season of Way of the Househusband (hilarious anime btw)

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
My name is a combination of two of my favorite Pokémon.

Noivern and Poipole.
Noivern is my second favorite Gen VI Mon (behind my cool Fire/Psychic fox shaman) because of the Noibat I caught in Ultra Moon. It became my favorite Pokémon in the team and the MVP, specially after my kitty became Hulk Hogan.

Dragon bat, nuff said.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What the heck

I’m so tired

just wanna lie on this couch and do nothing

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What the heck

I’m so tired

just wanna lie on this couch and do nothing
Today I don't feel like doing anything
I just wanna lay in my bed
Don't feel like picking up my phone, so leave a message at the tone
'Cause today I swear I'm not doing anything

I'm gonna kick my feet up, then stare at the fan
Turn the TV on, throw my hand in my pants
Nobody's gon' tell me I can't, no!

I'll be lounging on the couch, just chilling in my Snuggie
Click to MTV, so they can teach me how to dougie
'Cause in my castle I'm the freaking man

Oh Yes! I said it, I said it, I said it 'cause I can

Today...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Noivern is my second favorite Gen VI Mon (behind my cool Fire/Psychic fox shaman) because of the Noibat I caught in Ultra Moon. It became my favorite Pokémon in the team and the MVP, specially after my kitty became Hulk Hogan.

Dragon bat, nuff said.
I will not tolerate Incineroar slander, but I will tolerate Noivern appreciation. So you’re off the hook.

Shroob

Sup?
But yeah.

Gonna say a scalding hot take, but to me, NASB feels like it was a budget game, that got elevated to something that it could never live up to in its current state.

When I look at Nick All Stars Brawl, I really do get excited, because I grew up with almost all of these shows, but, then the game starts and there's just, no soul to it. No sounds that I'd expect the characters to make, no voices, no iconic music, it just feels soo quiet for a wacky, slapstick cartoon fighting game.

This isn't the Dev's fault by any means, but to me, it seems like Nick never intended this game to actually get this sort of attention and for it to just be akin to their Kart Racer as a sort of "It exists" deal.

I do want the game to succeed, because, why wouldn't I? But unless there's some major revisions, I just don't see a super bright future tbh. Like, people bring up the Power Rangers game, and, while yeah the updates did make that game a million times better, it's ridiculously niche as hell. I don't see a future where NASB becomes super mainstream unless Nick is willing to dump serious cash into it, and I fear that they may just settle for "Just toss DLC characters at them."

Shroob

Sup?
I really, really want to like NASB but 50$ for a game that looks like it was made for PS2 when Ultimate is already here just isn’t something I can justify. Give me Mr Krabs and the Krusty Krab as DLC and I can overlook the massive flaws though. Yes, I have no integrity.
And that's another issue.

The game's not worth 50 bucks in its current state tbh. Why spend that when for ten bucks more you can get Ultimate? Unless you're really jonesing for that Melee-style gameplay, the game is just frankly lifeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom