• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
We may get more patches but why would we get more new spirit events?
Mainly depends on if Nintendo wants to leave any devs on the game.

The game is more than healthily ready to evergreen, I wouldn't be surprised to see the team completely disband soon.

EDIT: Sorry, I may have misunderstood, I thought this post was asking why we wouldn't get new Spirit fights.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
TBH, Nintendo ain't really all that caring about the comp scene.

As long as there's nothing majorly wrong with Sora, I imagine we have maybe like, 2 or 3 major rebalancing patches left and then they're dipping.
Until they start preparing for another Smash Bros game. We all know that series alone Nintendo isn't going to let go with the game that shifted the world.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Oh no, we'll see another Smash.

I just think they're probably gonna let it stay dormant for a long while.
Let the fields replenish before starting another harvest. Although, IDK if another entry can top Ultimate. Sure, it was broken for previous entries, but maybe not for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm actually watching that docu series right now lol

It's a neat time killer
Honestly it's a really compelling series. I think the psychology behind Chris-chan and the odd, symbiotic relationship he formed with online trolls really interesting, if not incredibly morbid. It's like watching a car crash in slow motion and being unable to do anything about it but being completely unable to avert your eyes from the oncoming tragedy.

ANYWAYS, look what I got:

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 6.53.24 PM.png

THE DAYBREAK WORLD OF LIGHT NUZLOCKE IS GONNA BE STREAMED BAYBEE

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay, played a bit of Sora. Probably not my type of fighter, but man if he ain't fun regardless. And I freaking loooove the Hollow Bastion stage. Especially how it changes forms when the match is nearing it's end. I'm gonna have a crack at the spirits and the classic mode tommorow!

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just saying, just because Sora is marked as Disney, it doesn't means the forbidden line of 4th party is broken. Though, Sora may not return for another round due to potential legal issues. (The character, not the company.)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sora's classic mode is

The Trail of Darkness

Pretty much just another one where you face against dark counterparts granted with Cloud thrown in there.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Every series has its peak, and TBH I'm pretty confident Ultimate's gonna be Smash's peak.
If anything, I think some people are unwilling to criticize it simply because it's the newest Smash. Complaints about Smash 4's graphics being too saturated became more of a thing AFTER Ultimate was officially announced, for example, so I imagine in the future there'll be more complaints about things like trophies, stickers, adventure mode, and event matches all having to be compressed into one, and stage builder and home run contest not being in the game day 1.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I would join a lobby but I'm on WiFi atm and I don't wanna make things miserable, lol.

I'll try to see if I can find a long enough cord to reach the family router tomorrow and try to make a lobby to play when I get home from work.

View attachment 334817

Why do Ventus and Roxas look alike
Ventus's heart ends up inside of Sora's after he nearly dies at the end of Birth by Sleep.

When Sora turns into a Heartless in KH1 to free Kairi's heart, his Nobody, Roxas, is born. He looks like Ventus because Ventus' heart was inside of Sora's at the time.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If anything, I think some people are unwilling to criticize it simply because it's the newest Smash. Complaints about Smash 4's graphics being too saturated became more of a thing AFTER Ultimate was officially announced, for example, so I imagine in the future there'll be more complaints about things like trophies, stickers, adventure mode, and event matches all having to be compressed into one, and stage builder and home run contest not being in the game day 1.
I mean, people DO criticize Ultimate already, namely the online.

But like, this really is the pinnacle of the series. I can do without stuff like Trophies, adventure mode, etc. What matters is the actual Smashing, the main mode, and 89 characters with 110+ stages? Yeah, that's the good stuff.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
View attachment 334817

Why do Ventus and Roxas look alike
The easiest way i can explain it is that some dark tragedy happened to Ventus at the end of his game, which caused his soul to get locked inside of a babee Sora, then at some point in the first Kingdom hearts games Sora was cloned into Roxas and because Ven's soul was inside Sora at the time that's why he looks like that.

Just saying, just because Sora is marked as Disney, it doesn't means the forbidden line of 4th party is broken. Though, Sora may not return for another round due to potential legal issues. (The character, not the company.)
I'm sure they'll try to get him again if nothing else, a character this great shouldnt be a one and done lol

Dukefire

Smash Master
The easiest way i can explain it is that some dark tragedy happened to Ventus at the end of his game, which caused his soul to get locked inside of a babee Sora, then at some point in the first Kingdom hearts games Sora was cloned into Roxas and because Ven's soul was inside Sora at the time that's why he looks like that.

I'm sure they'll try to get him again if nothing else, a character this great shouldnt be a one and done lol
Sakurai showed us that anything is possible. So, it could happen in the future. Though, we don't even know who will be the Smash Bros development leader if Sakurai isn't in that position anymore.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
89 characters with 110+ stages?
Aaaand there's the problem. It doesn't really do anything for anyone who cares about more than the quantity of fighters and stages, especially if you only play on about 10 of those stages anyway.

Shroob

Sup?

Bottom text

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Anyone not yet in an arena up for some battles?

I might set an up an arena myself for Sora gameplay. Otherwise I see others here are already on the job. :p

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Aaaand there's the problem. It doesn't really do anything for anyone who cares about more than the quantity of fighters and stages, especially if you only play on about 10 of those stages anyway.
I mean, that's fine.

But this is effectively the Marvel vs Capcom 2 of Smash. And I'd be hard pressed to say that despite Marvel vs Capcom 2 being nothing short of a mis-mash of re-used assets that it's not regarded as an all-time classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom