• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah.

That does make me wonder, why do they always catfish as Asian girls? I legit do not understand.
iirc, Asian women have the highest rate of getting answered back by men in dating apps.

I'd rather not think about the implications of it but simply, it raises your chances of getting feedback if you're baiting.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
iirc, Asian women have the highest rate of getting answered back by men in dating apps.

I'd rather not think about the implications of it but simply, it raises your chances of getting feedback if you're baiting.
Yeah, that is fair considering the really weird fetishization of them in everyday media.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I only got catfished by one person and it's not the one I mentioned. That's another friendship I sorely regret, let me tell ya that.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There was that one big smash account who had a "girlfriend" who turned out to actually be his sockpuppet. I was "friends" with both of them for a years
And then people wonder why I have a hard time trusting people :\
Considering some of the other **** they pulled that particular bit wound up being unsurprising to me.

Also people like that suck big time because of how much harder they make it for Trans and Non-Binary people. We got it bad enough already.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So don't usually do a mid-week change of a pfp but I've been watching a new show and it's been impressing me.

--------------------------

Also catfishing? Never had that experience and I'll make sure I don't.

Only thing that pisses me is if someone not only lies but also 100% more on age and gender. If you're an old guy whose pretending to be like 16 then you need help.
Same if you are the opposite.

However as an outsider of the forum's history and having came after the worst incidents it shouldn't be my place to say and it's a sensitive topic but I will say this: Mess and be a **** to my friends here and I will never forgive you. That is all. I'm not a forgiving person usually.

However this is topic that is pretty sensitive so I think we should drop it lest the mods would close.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The lesson is, dont be a simp and you wont get catfished.
...People typically learn that the hard way.

I think we all know the reason for it but arent comfortable saying it out loud.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Considering some of the other **** they pulled that particular bit wound up being unsurprising to me.

Also people like that suck big time because of how much harder they make it for Trans and Non-Binary people. We got it bad enough already.
It's funny, but there's one bit about them that I remember vividly - when they **** talked Smashboards users and mentioned you specifically, then proceeded to say some **** with pretty homophobic undertones
I was a desperate validation-seeking teenager at the time but it stressed even me out and in hindsight it should've been a red flag

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
TMs are single use in BDSP but there's more opportunities to get more.

Idk if that's good or bad. Hope it's not too tedious to get many TMs.

Dutch Raikuna

Catfishing is part of the reason I don't use Twitter, don't trust anyone on the internet, and specifically avoid interacting with people under the age of 18.

I already got sympathy baited by a 16 year old with a sob story
Not to throw into borderline politics but stuff like is one of the reasons why the internet is slowly becoming ****.

I'm unlike you on the second point though. The people who are on like the Discord server I use with some are honestly the people I trust the most online. I know them well enough and I can't see them lying to me about anything major. I'd feel sad if they did.

You have trust your gut with people, that's what I've learned but other two reasons oh god yes. Only people I trust online are some of those here and that's it.

Always remember this saying.

"Trust takes a long time to make but seconds to break."

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Not to throw into borderline politics but stuff like is one of the reasons why the internet is slowly becoming ****.

I'm unlike you on the second point though. The people who are on like the Discord server I use with some are honestly the people I trust the most online. I know them well enough and I can't see them lying to me about anything major. I'd feel sad if they did but I know they won't.

You have trust your gut with people, that's what I've learned.

Other two reasons oh god yes. Only people I trust online are some of those here and that's it.
I trusted my gut one too many times. If I didn't trust it that one time there's a good chance I'd still be using my old name.

Don't get me wrong. Most of you seem like very nice people, but so did some of the other people I once called friends. It's next to impossible for me to discern whether someone is trustworthy or not without looking them in the eye

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I trusted my gut one too many times. If I didn't trust it that one time there's a good chance I'd still be using my old name.

Don't get me wrong. Most of you seem like very nice people, but so did some of the other people I once called friends. It's next to impossible for me to discern whether someone is trustworthy or not without looking them in the eye
I legit do get your point, I like y'all enough, but I don't really know what y'all are like behind that screen, for all I know you could be a funny man here but a boomer nazi when you log off.

Not saying y'all aren't cool, but it's hard to stay attatched if I don't know you irl for that reason.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
tomorrow I predict they will reveal:

-Mechanical Ghost (a new golem; prediction is based on Ulraf seemingly teasing the mobs in early September with the eyes emoji, fairy emoji, and robot emoji; today he used the fairy emoji again for the Musical Ghost/Allay. This clearly means they’re adding Golurk from Pokémon)
heck yeah I was right :shades:

Now to struggle trying to choose one because I want all three and they’re not guaranteed if they lose :smileye:

Dutch Raikuna

I legit do get your point, I like y'all enough, but I don't really know what y'all are like behind that screen, for all I know you could be a funny man here but a boomer nazi when you log off.

Not saying y'all aren't cool, but it's hard to stay attatched if I don't know you irl for that reason.
I've grown attached to a few people on the forum but it does feel like a massive barrier separates from the next step if that makes sense. If we say talked over voice or video or something.

However I've been honest as much I can be and a few small lies in the early days (part of where I lived and visited) was mainly to throw off my siblings in case they found my account here.
I've my own **** to hide but it's not bad as some others have been through, in fact it's probably tame stuff like sibling fights or whatever. I don't see no reason to lie about my past.

And I've been ****ed over too many times in life to not lie to people who I got know as friends online and IRL.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, as much as someone seem cool & chill on the internet, you always gotta think in the back of your mind that there might be something more behind the scene...for better or worse.

That's one of the reasons why I avoid going on big social media like Twitter & the like.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So this Minecraft Mob Vote.

All good mobs tbh.

Idk to pick the Copper Golem or the Allay. The Glare is useless for veteran Minecraft players, but it has a very cool design.

Here's top hoping Dream doesn't rig the vote so we get the worst mob like the useless Glow Squids

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Seeing other people talking about getting catfished sure makes me glad that I have an avoidant attachment style and struggle really hard to let myself get attached to people.

Pain.
Bonus point if you worry at time that you're actually a piece of [Brown Cake] and that you don't deserve peoples sympathy.

Which, of course, never happen to me! Hahahahahaha.....hah....

Anxiety is no funny business.

Dutch Raikuna

Yeah, as much as someone seem cool & chill on the internet, you always gotta think in the back of your mind that there might be something more behind the scene...for better or worse.

That's one of the reasons why I avoid going on big social media like Twitter & the like.
Seeing other people talking about getting catfished sure makes me glad that I have an avoidant attachment style and struggle really hard to let myself get attached to people.
Then I really must be an enigma then as I think very few differences between me online and offline. I wouldn't be as praising in writing than in person and I would be more cautious.

I know really within me there is a part that after seeing my own parent meet his best friend over a place like this and get along well, has met IRL and now our families are really close. Part of me is like maybe some of that could happen to me but to not to an extent of meeting IRL but like over video chat or something.

I hate people lying to me about major stuff online or offline and I'm probably not the only one.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There was that one big smash account who had a "girlfriend" who turned out to actually be his sockpuppet. I was "friends" with both of them for a years
And then people wonder why I have a hard time trusting people :\
That reminds me of a time where I was active on a different website, but it was all about battleboarding ****. There was this one character who was super suspicious in their life story, somehow being a South Korean woman who also somehow met another user who also happened to be a South Korean guy and somehow they met and got married and had a kid even though they played that ruse for like six months and it was just "premature" and then they had a lot of unnecessary drama surrounding it. I remember the most sus thing was the picture they sent of the supposed baby, but you could find it on google images. Somehow everyone ignored that. Basically, I got banned for "flaming/trolling/harassment" because I called them out on their bull****.

They played that ruse for unironically, 4 years, before someone else outside of me deciding to check their IP and found out they were one guy living in Texas all along. Well, can't say I didn't warn them. :nifty: But it's honestly so surreal how often people just fake their lives online and try to live some grandiose fairytale.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
That reminds me of a time where I was active on a different website, but it was all about battleboarding . There was this one character who was super suspicious in their life story, somehow being a South Korean woman who also somehow met another user who also happened to be a South Korean guy and somehow they met and got married and had a kid even though they played that ruse for like six months and it was just "premature" and then they had a lot of unnecessary drama surrounding it. I remember the most sus thing was the picture they sent of the supposed baby, but you could find it on google images. Somehow everyone ignored that. Basically, I got banned for "flaming/trolling/harassment" because I called them out on their bull.

They played that ruse for unironically, 4 years, before someone else outside of me deciding to check their IP and found out they were one guy living in Texas all along. Well, can't say I didn't warn them. :nifty: But it's honestly so surreal how often people just fake their lives online and try to live some grandiose fairytale.
I think the worst part is that this is the type of person who usually forms a community around them so that if you dare cross them, you better prepare for that angry mob.

Couples in general seem to get a huge amount of clout.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think the worst part is that this is the type of person who usually forms a community around them so that if you dare cross them, you better prepare for that angry mob.

Couples in general seem to get a huge amount of clout.
Oh yeah, they got promoted to ****ing admin on those forums. And the guy. And also the little pretend family they made over there. Literally had three sockpuppets all in power to do whatever they wanted. **** was mad ****ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom