• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Bros…

I’m getting a little nervous…

View attachment 334158

Why haven’t they announced fighters pass 3 yet?
they gonna announce it when Sakurai reveals Sora was an omegalul troll move and FP2's final fighter is Ralsei with a gun.

FP3 will be announce alongside FP4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10....

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I was thinking oh hypothetical assist trophies for the pass 2 newcomers.
Min min is out because Springman is already an assist

Steve: Creeper
Sephiroth: Chocobo/Fat Chocobo
Pyra/Mythra: The Zekenator
Kazuya: Kuma idk i dont play Tekken lol
Sora: Axel (Mickey would make more sense from a gameplay stand point since he has a perfect assist in KH2 but that obviously never happening even if Sora comes back in the future lol)

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So as someone who has been working on fantasy worlds and races I'll give my thoughts.

1. I do love that name of Altheria. Really distinct.

2. I do like the Elves taking from East Asia for inspiration. Mine has real Gaelic magic vibes so it stands out. Also being the dominant race stands out.

3. Clever naming your bird race Tengu and sounds really cool. My bird race takes from Egyptian by the way.

4. Good to see someone else has a taste of Kitsune and Oni (Onima in my stories)

I'll try to think of advice later.
A bit late, but thanks!

Altheria just came around from me reversing the word "silver" (My intent/hope is that the world will be used for a game called Silver Shroud later down the line) and then messing around with it until I got something I liked.

Yeah, the original idea for the Elves was just throwing them down and making them whatever culture without much definite theme. It's only after I figured out about the East Asian cultural sphere linking a bunch of nations together and the thought that a more East Asian-esque setting could be more unique in comparison. The plan was always that the Wood Elves and Sun Elves were to be the resident superpowers, though over time the Wood Elves became more of a strong-but-neutral kingdom and the Sun Elves took over as the sole empire.

The original plan was actually to make them the Eastern Europe-styled Alkonost, named after a half-bird woman from Russian mythology. I changed them to the Tengu and gave the Frost Elves more Russia theming after I started wanting more races from non-European mythologies, and the tengu were a mythological race sitting there for the taking. The Kitsune and Oni also came about from that over time, as well as the Tanuki.

Now I'm curious. What's your fantasy setting looking like? I'm interesting in hearing about it.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
"Nothing can beat the music of a hundred voices screaming in unison!" -Kefka
Damn, Kefka, you predicted COD 9 years in advance!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm currently playing Chain of memories, and i'm just now realizing that despite Nomura being a madman and coming up with an explanation for everything in this franchise, he never explained why this place operates on Card game logic.

“I shall call him…
View attachment 334167
Mini-Me!”
Didnt really notice it before but Kid Sora wearing older Sora's clothes looks so weird.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Today in Metroid Dread:
"You will need the grapple beam or space jump to proceed. I know they must be around here somewhere because, lets face it, you can find them at any corner drug store." -Adam

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
what the **** are you all doing this is a forum why are half of the posts in the last hour just images???
Clearly this is a sign that we should start banning more people.

Sometimes I do, other times I don't. Most of the time I do.
I vote for this terrible person first. :mad088:
Amjokingbtwincasepeoplearewondering

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom