• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Girl already commited near Genocide in the past.

Being a **** to some random creature ain't that surprising tbh.
It's a wonder why they keep employing Samus considering how many catasrophic events have happened because of her in the name of research.

Unless the Galactic Federation is actually corrupt as hell idk I'm not up to speed on Metroid lore.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's a wonder why they keep employing Samus considering how many catasrophic events have happened because of her in the name of research.

Unless the Galactic Federation is actually corrupt as hell idk I'm not up to speed on Metroid lore.
Long story short: a part of it is corrupted.

The other is incompetent, but at least mean well....hopefully.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Yeah they're hella corrupt lmao. Though to be fair only the Metroid genocide and destruction of one of the two space stations and two planets were intentional

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Are we counting the original Fusion Japanese dialogues here or the translated dialogue that omit most of the details about there being a group of corrupted peoples in the Galactic Federation are the one behind the event of Fusion, instead of the Federation as a whole?

'cuz whatever we take for canon for not, hopefully Dread can clear that detail.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Are we counting the original Fusion Japanese dialogues here or the translated dialogue that omit most of the details about there being a group of corrupted peoples in the Galactic Federation, instead of all of it?

'cuz whatever we take for canon for not, hopefully Dread can clear that detail.
Actually Dread seems to be going for the localization route judging by the first cutscene that we got to see with the hands on previews

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Actually Dread seems to be going for the localization route judging by the first cutscene that we got to see with the hands on previews
Huh, really? That's....constitent at least?

Not sure how to feel about that tbh, gotta wait until the full plot is revealed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Huh, really? That's....constitent at least?

Not sure how to feel about that tbh, gotta wait until the full plot is revealed.
I think that they lied in marketing a little like how Infinity War did.
The reason Samus goes to ZDR is because of a mysterious broadcast that shows the footage of an X parasite and a bounty for it. ADAM speculates that it's a trap and when Samus arrives, Big Bird's there waiting for her.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The idea of a JRPG getting DLC charactersis a concept i find legitimately weird.

Super Robot Wars 30 is doing this, adding 18 robots and a few story scenarios separate from the main story.
A mix of previous protagonists from past robot wars games, as well as franchises that have never been in Robot wars games before as well as returning heroes and mechs. Weird.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think that they lied in marketing a little like how Infinity War did.
The reason Samus goes to ZDR is because of a mysterious broadcast that shows the footage of an X parasite and a bounty for it. ADAM speculates that it's a trap and when Samus arrives, Big Bird's there waiting for her.
Yeah, it's definitly Big Bird fault, and I bet it & the other evil Chozo have probably reprogrammed the EMMI to some extent too.

Though, since we do know (thanks to the leak, thanks Nintendo) that the X parasite are indeed on planet ZDR...really wonder what kind of story is gonna be told to us.

Like I have my theories, but atm, nothing have confirmed them. Though will say, it seem like we're gonna get a bit of a crossover of sort of all the previous Metroid vilains we seen in the 2D games + The Chozo. Really hope the nail the landing there, cuz if so, it's gonna be GLORIOUS.

D

Deleted member

Ok people this is it, my top 10 of favourite villains ever as of now. The rules I have put myself are the following:

-only one character per franchise (except in one case). Without this limitation the list would be full of comic book, Transformers and probably Ben 10 villains and I don't want that.
-Anything goes: lighthearted villains, serious villains, comedic villains... Gonna value them all based on the impact they left on my mind and how memorable they were for me.
-Also, obvious spoilers for some spots in the list. You've been warned
Now, let's get to It:
7d373b3981412fe7019ea5b71dd864100b1e04a8_hq.jpg

Lawrence III from Pokémon 2

This one's weird, I admit It. The reason he made to the list is mostly the way the character amazed me as a child: the fact that there could be a villain who didn't want to take over the world, desired Power or even money... Just someone who wanted to collect living creatures for the sake of It.
It genuiely fascinated me, and the idea of a villain having more motives beyond the tropey ones came to me with this one. So just on that value alone I wanted to put It at the bottom of this list
Screenshot_20211002-213405_YouTube.jpg

If I had to go for any villain from all of DC, It would probably be Mr.Freeze.

This villain at least in the animated series is a genuine person, he is just doing risky and extreme stuff solely to save his beloved one from death. It is admirable, and a really charming story from a really good series.

The reason I ranked him low is that while he is my favourite DC villain, the competition on this list for me is stronger
c2c82d0e8662d0db6ba2a89a92218fd9.png

Beast Wars Megatron

While his motivations aren't the greatest and there are other more menacinc Transformers villains... I just love this guy.

A really memorable way of talking, with an incredible voice actor pulling out ah hilarious yet charming role and just all the memeable quotes... There's nothing to hate about him.
Also helps that for me he has a really appealing design, as purple is one of my favourite colours.

So yeah, not a perfect villain... But It left a charming impression
5aacf4a77603fc558cffc01b.png

Shego from Kim Possible.

This character honestly stole the show for me. Really sassy and sarcastic character, had some cool confrontations with Kim Possible and all in all a really enjoyable and classic Disney Channel villain.
Not sure what else to say which hasn't been said before. She for me deserves all the popularity she has online.
vader_g4fz.1280.jpg

If the sentence "classic and legendary" had a space in the dictionary, It would be alongside this Guy.

A villain who has been featured in a saga of 6 movies (in the recent 3 movies he didn't appear). A character who lets his presence be known and remembered wherever he goes... And a tragic Story about how a series of missteps took an Innocent little kid into being the most feared planet destroyer of the entire galaxy. Not to mention that he has one of the best villain themes ever created.
Doofenshmirtz.jpg

This character is gonna contrast A LOT with the following characters on this list, but I feel he has earned the high spot just because of all the good and fin times this character has given me.

Most of us know him, an awkward villain who ironically had one of the most tragic yet silly backstories, whose enemy is a Platypus in a hat and nobody can get to say his name properly. The perfect villain for a show which emphazises in comedy.

There's a reason why he is for many their favourite part of the show.
4118254.jpg

You know why Cruella is probably my favourite villain out of all the Disney gallery?
Because for me... She feels the most real compared to the rest.

Like sure, she does a lot of cartoony expressions on the movies and does some stuff in exaggerated ways... But really the idea of people in this world genuiely wanting to kill little dogs for the sake of clothing and even without fearing to do stuff such as beating them up or burning them is quite scary and sadly realistic in the case of some people.

Most dog owners will probably agree that a dog is a really valuable living creature for them: bringing them company when they need It most, going with them on walks around the city or wherever they live and being there sleeping near.
So yeah, Cruella is a great reminder to kids and even adults that we really do need to value and take a lot of care for our pets... Because at any point any shady person like her could appear and take them away.
fotonoticia_20190129133421_420-1.jpg

Eric Killmonger from Black Panther

This dude shows how much superhero movies have evolved and improved since the 90s.
A person who was born surrounded by hatred, violence and murder... Wanting to take Revenge on those who took everything away from him for generations and with really justified reasonings from my point of view... Who saw divide due to the way he wanted to go through It.

It is fascinating how throught the movie we see this emotional and phylosophical conflict between him and T'Challa, about what does this world need to do to come up with a solution for all the hatred surrounding us: one wanting to do It through the power of talks... And the other through the methods used in the past by the oppressors.

Characters like this wouldn't be in a comic book movie during the 90s or 80s, and the fact Killmonger managed to make It this way on the big screen makes me happy about the future for these movies... As I feel more stories such as this one really need to be told to educate the younger people.
set-spider-man-3-presenta-easter-egg-mysterio_3_crop1610925738108.jpg_1902800913.jpg

Mysterio from Marvel Comics

This is the character who I made the exception to the "one character per franchise" rule for.

There are a lot of reasons why Mysterio is my favourite Marvel villain ever... But I'll just go for the reasons why I liked him in Far From Home for the sake of making It easier to understand.

From my point of view, there's no bigger way of doing harm to a person than taking away everything which they care about, messing them emotionally and psychological and all to the point they are so mentally unstable they aren't capable of doing anything against them.
And I feel that Mysterio, out of all the Marvel characters, pulls this whole concept amazingly.

From all the cinematic villains Spider-Man has got so far, he is the only one who did what not even the Raimi movies could completely do due to studio interference: he destroyed Peter Parker in all sorts of ways until he felt useless, weak and easily destroyed. He emotionally manipulated everyone around him just to boost himself up, almost killed and emotionally broke a teen basically for standing on his way and made the genuine promise of killing everyone Who he cared about just for the sake of making It better for him.

And the whole point of Mysterio is to teach everyone this lesson: always look out with the people who seem trustworthy. At any point they could turn out to be people trying to get you in really undesirable situations... Maybe even dead.
29972.jpg

YES PEOPLE, ADAM MALKOVICH IS NUMBER 1. GET READY FOR A WALL OF TEXT ABOUT WHY HE IS THE WORST THING EVER EVEN THOUGH HE WAS JUST A VICTIM OF POOR WRIT-
19befa6d18ccba948e6bcf7e160eb8a2a92b878d_hq.gif

AAAABZcKvuBM7gtQl_WXKAM1z4kVH-mcIl4k95fETdHix9p2VH-29yDXsHP-lHooA-P4S2Q38jI7e-sPKfeASx9PAtBr1l...jpg

You thought the number 1 was gonna be a character from one of my favourite franchises... but It was him.

Dio Brando from Phantom Blood. Probably a surprise inclusion for most of you (even for myself as this is a really recent character for me)... But man he just rocks It out of the park.

Remember everything I said about Mysterio and how I love villains who emotionally destroy the hero until they feel done for? Dio takes all of that to the next level and in an incredible way.

He took over Jonathan's life, took part in killing his own father, purposefully tried to kill Jonathan's father and killed his dog just for the sake of taking property of everything... And all kinds of other evils just to show the world his superiority and to the point he genuiely became a monster through the mask.

The way I saw It, Phantom Blood is a beautiful yet scary story about all the good will of humankind vs all the evil wills. Jonathan represents everything which can be good and valued on a human who makes bright use of his skills and talents... While Dio remembers us of what could happen if we let these skills and talents feed our egos to the point of no return. A classic, tragic and motivational story which for me did motivate me to keep going and being the Jonathan of my own life.

And don't even get me started on all the iconic moments: the fight at the burning House where he just walked on a pillar to escape death, his confrontation against Jack The Ripper, all of the stuff he did on his Young age... All stuff which isn't leaving my mind anytime soon just because of how iconic It all was.

So yeah, quite impressed that a villain who I got to know so recently managed to win me over so easily.

Woah, this was quite fun to make, ngl.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok people this is it, my top 10 of favourite villains ever as of now. The rules I have put myself are the following:

-only one character per franchise (except in one case). Without this limitation the list would be full of comic book, Transformers and probably Ben 10 villains and I don't want that.
-Anything goes: lighthearted villains, serious villains, comedic villains... Gonna value them all based on the impact they left on my mind and how memorable they were for me.
Now, let's get to It:
View attachment 332564

This one's weird, I admit It. The reason he made to the list is mostly the way the character amazed me as a child: the fact that there could be a villain who didn't want to take over the world, desired Power or even money... Just someone who wanted to collect living creatures for the sake of It.
It genuiely fascinated me, and the idea of a villain having more motives beyond the tropey ones came to me with this one. So just on that value alone I wanted to put It at the bottom of this list
View attachment 332568

This villain at least in the animated series is a genuine person, he is just doing risky and extreme stuff solely to save his beloved one from death. It is admirable, and a really charming story from a really good series.

The reason I ranked him low is that while he is my favourite DC villain, the competition on this list for me is stronger
View attachment 332572
Beast Wars Megatron

While his motivations aren't the greatest and there are other more menacinc Transformers villains... I just love this guy.

A really memorable way of talking, with an incredible voice actor pulling out ah hilarious yet charming role and just all the memeable quotes... There's nothing to hate about him.
Also helps that for me he has a really appealing design, as purple is one of my favourite colours.

View attachment 332574
Shego from Kim Possible.

This character honestly stole the show for me. Really sassy and sarcastic character, had some cool confrontations with Kim Possible and all in all a really enjoyable and classic Disney Channel villain.
Not sure what else to say which hasn't been said before. She for me deserves all the popularity she has online.
View attachment 332577
If the sentence "classic and legendary" had a space in the dictionary, It would be alongside this Guy.

A villain who has been featured in a saga of 6 movies (in the recent 3 movies he didn't appear). A character who lets his presence be known and remembered wherever he goes... And a tragic Story about how a series of missteps took an Innocent little kid into being the most feared planet destroyer of the entire galaxy. Not to mention that he has one of the best villain themes ever created.
View attachment 332579
This character is gonna contrast A LOT with the following characters on this list, but I feel he has earned the high spot just because of all the good and fin times this character has given me.

Most of us know him, an awkward villain who ironically had one of the most tragic yet silly backstories, whose enemy is a Platypus in a hat and nobody can get to say his name properly. The perfect villain for a show which emphazises in comedy.

View attachment 332580
You know why Cruella is probably my favourite villain out of all the Disney gallery?

Like sure, she does a lot of cartoony expressions on the movies and does some stuff in exaggerated ways... But really the idea of people in this world genuiely wanting to kill little dogs for the sake of clothing and even without fearing to do stuff such as beating them up or burning them is quite scary and sadly realistic in the case of some people.

Most dog owners will probably agree that a dog is a really valuable living creature for them: bringing them company when they need It most, going with them on walks around the city or wherever they live and being there sleeping near.
So yeah, Cruella is a great reminder to kids and even adults that we really do need to value and take a lot of care for our pets... Because at any point any shady person like her could appear and take them away.
View attachment 332584

This dude shows how much superhero movies have evolved and improved since the 90s.
A person who was born surrounded by hatred, violence and murder... Wanting to take Revenge on those who took everything away from him for generations and with really justified reasonings from my point of view... Who saw divide due to the way he wanted to go through It.

It is fascinating how throught the movie we see this emotional and phylosophical conflict between him and T'Challa, about what does this world need to do to come up with a solution for all the hatred surrounding us: one wanting to do It through the power of talks... And the other through the methods used in the past by the oppressors.

Characters like this wouldn't be in a comic book movie during the 90s or 80s, and the fact Killmonger managed to make It this way on the big screen makes me happy about the future for these movies... As I feel more stories such as this one really need to be told to educate the younger people.
View attachment 332585

This is the character who I made the exception to the "one character per franchise" rule for.

There are a lot of reasons why Mysterio is my favourite Marvel villain ever... But I'll just go for the reasons why I liked him in Far From Home for the sake of making It easier to understand.

From my point of view, there's no bigger way of doing harm to a person than taking away everything which they care about, messing them emotionally and psychological and all to the point they are so mentally unstable they aren't capable of doing anything against them.
And I feel that Mysterio, out of all the Marvel characters, pulls this whole concept amazingly.

From all the cinematic villains Spider-Man has got so far, he is the only one who did what not even the Raimi movies could completely do due to studio interference: he destroyed Peter Parker in all sorts of ways until he felt useless, weak and easily destroyed. He emotionally manipulated everyone around him just to boost himself up, almost killed and emotionally broke a teen basically for standing on his way and made the genuine promise of killing everyone Who he cared about just for the sake of making It better for him.

And the whole point of Mysterio is to teach everyone this lesson: always look out with the people who seem trustworthy. At any point they could turn out to be people trying to get you in really undesirable situations... Maybe even dead.
View attachment 332587
YES PEOPLE, ADAM MALKOVICH IS NUMBER 1. GET READY FOR A WALL OF TEXT ABOUT WHY HE IS THE WORST THING EVER EVEN THOUGH HE WAS JUST A VICTIM OF POOR WRIT-
View attachment 332588
View attachment 332589
You thought the number 1 was gonna be a character from one of my favourite franchises... but It was him.

Dio Brando from Phantom Blood. Probably a surprise inclusion for most of you (even for myself as this is a really recent character for me)... But man he just rocks It out of the park.

Remember everything I said about Mysterio and how I love villains who emotionally destroy the hero until they feel done for? Dio takes all of that to the next level and in an incredible way.

He took over Jonathan's life, took part in killing his own father, purposefully tried to kill Jonathan's father and killed his dog just for the sake of taking property of everything... And all kinds of other evils just to show the world his superiority and to the point he genuiely became a monster through the mask.

The way I saw It, Phantom Blood is a beautiful yet scary story about all the good will of humankind vs all the evil wills. Jonathan represents everything which can be good and valued on a human who makes bright use of his skills and talents... While Dio remembers us of what could happen if we let these skills and talents feed our egos to the point of no return. A classic, tragic and motivational story which for me did motivate me to keep going and being the Jonathan of my own life.

And don't even get me started on all the iconic moments: the fight at the burning House where he just walked on a pillar to escape death, his confrontation against Jack The Ripper, all of the stuff he did on his Young age... All stuff which isn't leaving my mind anytime soon just because of how iconic It all was.

So yeah, quite impressed that a villain who I got to know so recently managed to win me over so easily.

43FF9DC5-08B3-45EE-B0F0-E3346C7D025F.png

Das some good taste right there

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It's so nice to have weekly 86: Eighty Six episodes again. Really excited to see how they adapt certain scenes from volumes 2 and 3.

Gonna resume reading the light novels after the season is over.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

Now, let's get to It:
View attachment 332564

View attachment 332568

View attachment 332572
Beast Wars Megatron

View attachment 332574
Shego from Kim Possible.

View attachment 332577

View attachment 332579

View attachment 332580

View attachment 332584

View attachment 332585

View attachment 332587
View attachment 332588
View attachment 332589

Interesting list. Doofenshmirtz and Shego are both especially good picks.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Now, let's get to It:
View attachment 332564

View attachment 332568

View attachment 332572
Beast Wars Megatron

View attachment 332574
Shego from Kim Possible.

View attachment 332577

View attachment 332579

View attachment 332580

View attachment 332584

View attachment 332585

View attachment 332587
View attachment 332588
View attachment 332589

20DB06F9-994F-408D-9657-3CC047AEB0FD.gif

Noice dude! Might need to make one of my own sometime

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Now, let's get to It:
View attachment 332564

View attachment 332568

View attachment 332572
Beast Wars Megatron

View attachment 332574
Shego from Kim Possible.

View attachment 332577

View attachment 332579

View attachment 332580

View attachment 332584

View attachment 332585

View attachment 332587
View attachment 332588
View attachment 332589

Kinda funny you used Manga Adam to represent him, since from what I remember, he is a muuuuuch better character there. (then again, it's not hard to be better than Other M Adam)

That aside tho, great list!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Now, let's get to It:
View attachment 332564

View attachment 332568

View attachment 332572
Beast Wars Megatron

View attachment 332574
Shego from Kim Possible.

View attachment 332577

View attachment 332579

View attachment 332580

View attachment 332584

View attachment 332585

View attachment 332587
View attachment 332588
View attachment 332589

Shego got me blushing, Vader and Freeze be chill…and technically you didn’t break your 1 per franchise thing since Spider-Man is bigger than the rest ahhahahahahahaha Spidey powers

nice list tho…very nice…now for The Ghost to be added to this list for now

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Noipoi

Howdy!
Watched the whole thing. You raised some good points and I could see any one of those making it in.

And I knew what you meant but I still found it funny how you said they could go for a "smaller franchise like Pokemon" over Kingdom Hearts for the final character. :p
Pokémon is very niche. I can barely find anyone to talk about it with.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Well, what did you expect? Game Freak is a Small Indie Company(TM), they can't afford to market the franchise everywhere.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
That blows, dude.

I know the odds are astronomically low given this thread's interests and typical range of discussion topics, but maybe, just maybe a couple or so people here could discuss it with you if you ask nicely. Maybe you guys could keep it going for hours. Maybe even days.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Cue the piano. Had to wait an extra two days after it was delivered, but I picked up the latest ArtFX J figure today!

She's easily the biggest figure I've gotten so far. Her box alone is three times the size of the other Trainer figure boxes and I had a hard time getting her lined up both on my shelf and in my display case. Garchomp looks fantastic. Unfortunately I did notice some minor factory paint imperfections with Cynthia herself, so I can't say she's near the top of the figures I've gotten in my collection so far. Leaf/Dawn/Hilda/Serena/Gloria > Red/Lyra/Rosa/Skyla > May/Cynthia

She's no longer on Amazon JP so I'm not sure if she's already sold out or not. The link to leave a review or buy another is missing.

Cynthia2.jpg

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Watched the whole thing. You raised some good points and I could see any one of those making it in.

And I knew what you meant but I still found it funny how you said they could go for a "smaller franchise like Pokemon" over Kingdom Hearts for the final character. :p
I mean, it is a very small indie company who makes it. I can never find anything about it unless I specifically look into its fandom.

Now, something like Metroid? That'd be something for the popularity and sales factor. :4wario2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom