• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Some bull**** just came up that I’m gonna have to deal with on Tuesday. The good news is I can probably catch the first five minutes of the presentation, so I’ll at least know who it is. But I may not be able to watch the rest until later.

So if it’s 7: PM, everyone’s got all their memes out, and you see me rush in screaming about something you’ve all known for eight hours…

Don’t hold it against me :nifty:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Hey nobody else,

I just played Trouble with someone, and there's all this weird new rules. There's a whole other die with weird new symbols on it, extra turns if you roll a six or on certain spaces, and rolling a 1 forfeits your turn and lets your opponent move their piece out of home. I really dislike the new overly-complicated version of the game: have I become the boomer now?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Amphibia season 3 premiere was awesomely wholesome…I lied about the “ly wholesome” part

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I had a dream regarding the final Smash character.

In the dream, I missed the presentation because I fell asleep. I woke up and went on YouTube on my TV, hoping I could watch the presentation without getting spoiled first. Sadly, every single video recommended to me was a reaction to the presentation, and all of them had Shadow the Hedgehog in their thumbnail. I then went into the presentation and skipped to the gameplay, but as it turns out, the final character wasn't Shadow. It was actually.....
Skipper from The Penguins of Madagascar.

Baby Skipper.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Cue the piano. Had to wait an extra two days after it was delivered, but I picked up the latest ArtFX J figure today!

She's easily the biggest figure I've gotten so far. Her box alone is three times the size of the other Trainer figure boxes and I had a hard time getting her lined up both on my shelf and in my display case. Garchomp looks fantastic. Unfortunately I did notice some minor factory paint imperfections with Cynthia herself, so I can't say she's near the top of the figures I've gotten in my collection so far. Leaf/Dawn/Hilda/Serena/Gloria > Red/Lyra/Rosa/Skyla > May/Cynthia

She's no longer on Amazon JP so I'm not sure if she's already sold out or not. The link to leave a review or buy another is missing.

View attachment 332606

23723BB6-99AD-476E-A6F1-D39DA82479B2.jpeg

Quite boss if I do say so myself.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My Ipad started opening up DMs with people and typing random letters when I wasn't even touching it. Thing's got a mind of its own now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I could totally see Disney doing this:

NGL though:
into the unknown would be kinda hype

Shroob

Sup?
I could totally see Disney doing this:

NGL though:
into the unknown would be kinda hype
A ton of actual Disney characters
In Smash

Yeah, no lol. The amount of $$$$$ Nintendo would probably need to shell out for this would be obscene.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, no lol. The amount of $$$$$ Nintendo would probably need to shell out for this would be obscene.
Lol Nintendo Laywers and Disney Lawyers teaming up **** that.
Maybe but at the same time, Disney loves the advertising.

Sakurai would have a gun pointed at him and they’d be like “Make sure you tell the viewers Sora is free if you have Disney +”

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe but at the same time, Disney loves the advertising.

Sakurai would have a gun pointed at him and they’d be like “Make sure you tell the viewers Sora is free if you have Disney +”
I have a hard time believing that Disney of all people would just give all these iconic characters over under the guise of 'advertising' and not expect millions upon millions for their likeness, not even to begin with the music.

I can buy the idea of Sora in Smash, but this? lmao

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have a hard time believing that Disney of all people would just give all these iconic characters over under the guise of 'advertising' and not expect millions upon millions for their likeness, not even to begin with the music.

I can buy the idea of Sora in Smash, but this? lmao
if we are being accurately,

Fortnite has Tron, Star Wars, and Marvel. Granted the later two were purchased ips, but I can’t imagine Mickey Mouse lends out those heavy hitters lightly.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It just didn’t come off as very cool, man.
Yeah, I know. I wasn't trying to be cool, to be honest. Still, I hope I did not upset TheMightyP, because I was still not trying to cause trouble, regardless. This wasn't an attempt to offend anyone, after all.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Ok people this is it, my top 10 of favourite villains ever as of now. The rules I have put myself are the following:

-only one character per franchise (except in one case). Without this limitation the list would be full of comic book, Transformers and probably Ben 10 villains and I don't want that.
-Anything goes: lighthearted villains, serious villains, comedic villains... Gonna value them all based on the impact they left on my mind and how memorable they were for me.
-Also, obvious spoilers for some spots in the list. You've been warned
Now, let's get to It:
View attachment 332564
Lawrence III from Pokémon 2

This one's weird, I admit It. The reason he made to the list is mostly the way the character amazed me as a child: the fact that there could be a villain who didn't want to take over the world, desired Power or even money... Just someone who wanted to collect living creatures for the sake of It.
It genuiely fascinated me, and the idea of a villain having more motives beyond the tropey ones came to me with this one. So just on that value alone I wanted to put It at the bottom of this list
View attachment 332568
If I had to go for any villain from all of DC, It would probably be Mr.Freeze.

This villain at least in the animated series is a genuine person, he is just doing risky and extreme stuff solely to save his beloved one from death. It is admirable, and a really charming story from a really good series.

The reason I ranked him low is that while he is my favourite DC villain, the competition on this list for me is stronger
View attachment 332572
Beast Wars Megatron

While his motivations aren't the greatest and there are other more menacinc Transformers villains... I just love this guy.

A really memorable way of talking, with an incredible voice actor pulling out ah hilarious yet charming role and just all the memeable quotes... There's nothing to hate about him.
Also helps that for me he has a really appealing design, as purple is one of my favourite colours.

So yeah, not a perfect villain... But It left a charming impression
View attachment 332574
Shego from Kim Possible.

This character honestly stole the show for me. Really sassy and sarcastic character, had some cool confrontations with Kim Possible and all in all a really enjoyable and classic Disney Channel villain.
Not sure what else to say which hasn't been said before. She for me deserves all the popularity she has online.
View attachment 332577
If the sentence "classic and legendary" had a space in the dictionary, It would be alongside this Guy.

A villain who has been featured in a saga of 6 movies (in the recent 3 movies he didn't appear). A character who lets his presence be known and remembered wherever he goes... And a tragic Story about how a series of missteps took an Innocent little kid into being the most feared planet destroyer of the entire galaxy. Not to mention that he has one of the best villain themes ever created.
View attachment 332579
This character is gonna contrast A LOT with the following characters on this list, but I feel he has earned the high spot just because of all the good and fin times this character has given me.

Most of us know him, an awkward villain who ironically had one of the most tragic yet silly backstories, whose enemy is a Platypus in a hat and nobody can get to say his name properly. The perfect villain for a show which emphazises in comedy.

There's a reason why he is for many their favourite part of the show.
View attachment 332580
You know why Cruella is probably my favourite villain out of all the Disney gallery?
Because for me... She feels the most real compared to the rest.

Like sure, she does a lot of cartoony expressions on the movies and does some stuff in exaggerated ways... But really the idea of people in this world genuiely wanting to kill little dogs for the sake of clothing and even without fearing to do stuff such as beating them up or burning them is quite scary and sadly realistic in the case of some people.

Most dog owners will probably agree that a dog is a really valuable living creature for them: bringing them company when they need It most, going with them on walks around the city or wherever they live and being there sleeping near.
So yeah, Cruella is a great reminder to kids and even adults that we really do need to value and take a lot of care for our pets... Because at any point any shady person like her could appear and take them away.
View attachment 332584
Eric Killmonger from Black Panther

This dude shows how much superhero movies have evolved and improved since the 90s.
A person who was born surrounded by hatred, violence and murder... Wanting to take Revenge on those who took everything away from him for generations and with really justified reasonings from my point of view... Who saw divide due to the way he wanted to go through It.

It is fascinating how throught the movie we see this emotional and phylosophical conflict between him and T'Challa, about what does this world need to do to come up with a solution for all the hatred surrounding us: one wanting to do It through the power of talks... And the other through the methods used in the past by the oppressors.

Characters like this wouldn't be in a comic book movie during the 90s or 80s, and the fact Killmonger managed to make It this way on the big screen makes me happy about the future for these movies... As I feel more stories such as this one really need to be told to educate the younger people.
View attachment 332585
Mysterio from Marvel Comics

This is the character who I made the exception to the "one character per franchise" rule for.

There are a lot of reasons why Mysterio is my favourite Marvel villain ever... But I'll just go for the reasons why I liked him in Far From Home for the sake of making It easier to understand.

From my point of view, there's no bigger way of doing harm to a person than taking away everything which they care about, messing them emotionally and psychological and all to the point they are so mentally unstable they aren't capable of doing anything against them.
And I feel that Mysterio, out of all the Marvel characters, pulls this whole concept amazingly.

From all the cinematic villains Spider-Man has got so far, he is the only one who did what not even the Raimi movies could completely do due to studio interference: he destroyed Peter Parker in all sorts of ways until he felt useless, weak and easily destroyed. He emotionally manipulated everyone around him just to boost himself up, almost killed and emotionally broke a teen basically for standing on his way and made the genuine promise of killing everyone Who he cared about just for the sake of making It better for him.

And the whole point of Mysterio is to teach everyone this lesson: always look out with the people who seem trustworthy. At any point they could turn out to be people trying to get you in really undesirable situations... Maybe even dead.
View attachment 332587
YES PEOPLE, ADAM MALKOVICH IS NUMBER 1. GET READY FOR A WALL OF TEXT ABOUT WHY HE IS THE WORST THING EVER EVEN THOUGH HE WAS JUST A VICTIM OF POOR WRIT-
View attachment 332588
View attachment 332589
You thought the number 1 was gonna be a character from one of my favourite franchises... but It was him.

Dio Brando from Phantom Blood. Probably a surprise inclusion for most of you (even for myself as this is a really recent character for me)... But man he just rocks It out of the park.

Remember everything I said about Mysterio and how I love villains who emotionally destroy the hero until they feel done for? Dio takes all of that to the next level and in an incredible way.

He took over Jonathan's life, took part in killing his own father, purposefully tried to kill Jonathan's father and killed his dog just for the sake of taking property of everything... And all kinds of other evils just to show the world his superiority and to the point he genuiely became a monster through the mask.

The way I saw It, Phantom Blood is a beautiful yet scary story about all the good will of humankind vs all the evil wills. Jonathan represents everything which can be good and valued on a human who makes bright use of his skills and talents... While Dio remembers us of what could happen if we let these skills and talents feed our egos to the point of no return. A classic, tragic and motivational story which for me did motivate me to keep going and being the Jonathan of my own life.

And don't even get me started on all the iconic moments: the fight at the burning House where he just walked on a pillar to escape death, his confrontation against Jack The Ripper, all of the stuff he did on his Young age... All stuff which isn't leaving my mind anytime soon just because of how iconic It all was.

So yeah, quite impressed that a villain who I got to know so recently managed to win me over so easily.

Woah, this was quite fun to make, ngl.

I'm impressed; that was a good list.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I know. I wasn't trying to be cool, to be honest. Still, I hope I did not upset TheMightyP, because I was still not trying to cause trouble, regardless. This wasn't an attempt to offend anyone, after all.
Look, I get you were trying to joke, but I'm legit trying to improve and want to share things with you guys because I simply want to show off the improvement. I know I'm not the best artist, nor am I really good, but saying disparaging comments like that only makes me feel discouarage and more hesitant to do things I like to do like drawing. So again, you are over the age of 30. Your mama should've taught you that if you don't got anything nice to say, don't say it at all. So again, idc if it was a joke or you weren't trying ro offend, if you want to say something negative or deconstructive, then keep it in your damn mouth.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Look, I get you were trying to joke, but I'm legit trying to improve and want to share things with you guys because I simply want to show off the improvement. I know I'm not the best artist, nor am I really good, but saying disparaging comments like that only makes me feel discouarage and more hesitant to do things I like to do like drawing. So again, you are over the age of 30. Your mama should've taught you that if you don't got anything nice to say, don't say it at all. So again, idc if it was a joke or you weren't trying ro offend, if you want to say something negative or deconstructive, then keep it in your damn mouth.
I do hope you got my message, because even if that came out wrong, I was just merely referencing a song. Plus, that wasn't having to do with the picture much. I did say the picture was not bad, after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom