• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Damn they went hard on this trailer with the emotions and feels.

Also Sprig vs Doc Ops, hell yeah.

That ending though, the theories were spot on. This is going to be tragic.
at least nobody dies this season…maybe…probably a couple deaths at the least
Sprig gets a little earth frog friend.

precious.
Sprig will lose his friend if the show wants him to suffer…and then pulls a Goku

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I still cant get over the fact that in Yokai watch 4 Jibanyan shares a voice actor with Kazuma Kiryu.

It's so stupid that it circles back around to being amazing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anywho, saw y'all talking again about what's next for this forum after the last character drops...

I'll be sticking around for a while, assuming there are at least some people still left here. Even though the end of the DLC is fast approaching, I still play the game enough to continue discussing it occasionally. Probably won't be nearly as active as I've been, but yeah...
Even with smash over

Pokémon ain’t going anywhere.

That’s enough to keep the thread going for a good while.
The real ones will stay for the Nick All Star Brawl Speculation.
/s

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
My predictions for Fighter 11 ahem:
  • Pocket Monster
  • Frisk/Chara, Papyrus, or Kris (maybe Nubert)
  • Isaac of the Basement
  • Master of Chiefs
  • Primid
  • WALUIGI TIME WAHAHAHA-

Also in Deltarune (theory talk) I think Chapter 2 gave us more proof that the player isn’t Kris; if other characters thinking they aren’t like themself and being worried something is wrong doesn’t make it seem like that already, some of your choices for things for Kris to say/do always seem to be done based on their personality if they can make it go in their favor, like how they may say something that could end your run or ruin their relationships (something they won’t like) in a way where the others think they’re not being serious/they’re messing around or are just being incredulous, or sometimes may say something in a monotone way.

Other characters will also notice the way they react to certain things through their facial expressions, (spoiler) like a morbid joke of Susie’s making them smile or if you try and make them say they’re okay after fighting Spamton NEO and Susie and Ralsei show concern for them, they’ll say it strained like they’re really not, and they’ll yell if you let them, showing Spamton really freaked them out.

They also appear to be troubled by what you’re making them do with Noelle in the bad route, as after they meet with Susie and Ralsei at Queen’s mansion, they’ll notice Kris having a hurt expression (this may be obvious to some but I know some people say Genocide Route Chara is in them even though there’s no real evidence Chara or Frisk are even here).

When finishing off Spamton NEO in this route, the game will also refer to Kris in third-person when calling for help from Ralsei and Susie, instead of in 2nd-person like it usually does. When trying to call for help from Noelle, however, it will instead say “You whispered Noelle’s name…” This seems to heavily suggest if not confirm the player is, in fact, a separate entity from Kris, whether being some meta game-world thing or maybe a puppeteer entity watching over Kris.

Finally, when going to check on Noelle and her dad in the hospital back in the Light World, when you leave the room you’ll find Noelle having an inner monologue about Kris acting different and wondering why she’s the only one noticing it, as well as maybe realizing it may not be Kris themself doing this stuff as she thinks she hears a terrifying voice that is unlike Kris’s.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hitotsu - Happy birthday Z25 Z25 !
Futatsu - To my main man Lamperouge Lamperouge ...elegant pfp ya have there. I would of rated it but KingofPhantoms beat me to it.
So****e, mittsu - I was planning on doing something of a "group picture" of sorts with y'all within 24 hours prior to the unveiling of the CP11. Seems some of y'all will leave, some of y'all remain here after that but I will continue through with it anyway. So, um...would anybody like that? :yoshi:
Thank you, and that sounds great!

I just switched my avatar to the character I want to see the most, as it’s going to be a fun buildup to reveal!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So far my list of predictions is this:

Most Likely and a highly wanted character by me: Phoenix Wright. Crash is close To being up here to.

Probable choices: A Pokémon, but I honestly don’t think it’s happening. To much going on and the marketing just doesn’t feel like it would add up.

Crazy, earth Shattering reveals that may not be likely: Sora, Master Chief.

Potential Sleeper picks: Undertale Character, Waluigi, Bandanna see.

Regardless of the outcome, I’m currently kinda of buying that rumor/leak( if it’s real) that I posted earlier. But it’s something that would catch me off guard if real but be hype.

Still think if that rumor isn’t true, there’s a solid case to be made for most of the characters I just listed.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's still pretty cool the Mario movie will have Foreman Spike, despite that Nintendo has pretty much ignored him for decades.

I mean, Spike's game history is basically nothing (list ignores cameos)
  • Wrecking Crew - NES (1985)
  • Wrecking Crew '98 - SNES (Japan Only) (1998)
  • Mobile Golf - GBC (Japan Only) (2001)

Maybe this means Foreman Spike is going to make his way back to Mario games.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking it might actually be Pheonix Wright.

What makes me think that is the very mysterious lack of Ace Attorney content despite every other big Capcom franchise having something, the lack of Great Ace Attorney spirits, and there hasn't been a new Capcom character since Ken.
Hey I’d be down

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking it might actually be Pheonix Wright.

What makes me think that is the very mysterious lack of Ace Attorney content despite every other big Capcom franchise having something, the lack of Great Ace Attorney spirits, and there hasn't been a new Capcom character since Ken.
Dude, that's just called remembering a series exists. :mybodyisreggie:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So and as I've mentioned to a few of yous already.

I just beat Tales of Arise. Two and a half years of waiting over. And it was......................good.

After beating Scarlet Nexus beforehand though and taking part of my days in the playthrough to replay God of War it was a bit of a letdown. Some of the characters I liked and the setting but there just a lot of issues I had with the game.

As for next? Don't know.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Yes please

I grew up with the OG games, I'd adore Phoenix.

MooMew64

So, interesting thing I noticed:

Mario 64 on NSO is running on the OG unedited ROM, as it has the old HUD icons rather than the cleaned up ones from 3D All-Stars,

Decent chance this isn't the Shindou version.

522.jpg

why did they even make the 3D Allstars version then

why are they like this

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So, interesting tid bit:

Mario 64 on NSO is running on the OG unedited ROM, as it has the old HUD icons rather than the cleaned up ones from 3D All-Stars,

View attachment 331632

why are they like this
Does that mean BLJs and SO LONG GAY BOWSER? This is a very important question.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

View attachment 331632

why are they like this
So they can give the fans what they wanted!

The backwards Wall Jump is back baby!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 331632

why are they like this
I mean, you gotta pay extra but I guess 1/3 of 3D All Stars is 100% reduntant now.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

View attachment 331632

why are they like this
Ah yeah

It's time for

MooMew64

Does that mean BLJs and SO LONG GAY BOWSER? This is a very important question.
So they can give the fans what they wanted!

The backwards Wall Jump is back baby!
Assuming this isn't Shindou, then yes, BLJs and "So long, gay Bowser!" are back.

Really weird choice if they did, though, as it would imply that rather than used their newer, freshened up port with 3D All-Stars, they opted to use the same quick'n dirty port they've been using since the Wii and Wii U.

I mean, I'd love to have OG back: 64 without WAWAWAWAHOOWAHOWAHOOWAHOWAHOOO was a crime but this is just weird still.

Last edited:

MooMew64

I can’t wait til GameCube and Wii expansion packs render the rest of 3D All-Stars redundant.

View attachment 331635
Wii is sketchy 'cause the amount of work needed to get 90% of the library functioning would take a good amount of work.

GCN though? I could see it by late 2023 with the inevitable Switch successor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom