• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Confession time: I've never actually watched a TMNT cartoon aside from a single episode from my childhood that I remember very little of.
What's the best place to start?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Confession time: I've never actually watched a TMNT cartoon aside from a single episode from my childhood that I remember very little of.
The 80s one is classic. It’s also doofy , the jokes are cheesy and the animation isn’t always the best. It’s a cartoon from the 80s, you gotta set your expectations. It’s still fun though.

The 03 show is the one I remember the least. Probably because I was in diapers. I remember it took itself more seriously, but was still pretty fun. This version of Shredder looks badass tho.

IMO the 2012 series is the best one. It mixes elements of the shows (and even comics) before it in a way that both respects the series heritage while adding new spins on old concepts. It’s a lot of fun, it’s got rad character development. IMO it’s the quintessential turtles show. Tbh though I feel like it drags a little towards the end. I think you should start with this one.

Rise, I’m once again unfamiliar with. It tries a lot of new things, some of them work. Some of them don’t. The animation is stellar though, especially on the fight scenes. And the characters, from what I’ve seen, are pretty funny and enjoyable. But as this is the biggest departure from the turtles formula, I feel it’s best watched after seeing some classic turtles first. But you can do what you want.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
TMNT 2012 cause I’m a biased ****bag
0EFCE174-AC81-4AAA-BD1E-6FF57FF048B7.jpeg

The 80s one is classic. It’s also doofy , the jokes are cheesy and the animation isn’t always the best. It’s a cartoon from the 80s, you gotta set your expectations. It’s still fun though.

The 03 show is the one I remember the least. Probably because I was in diapers. I remember it took itself more seriously, but was still pretty fun. This version of Shredder looks badass tho.

IMO the 2012 series is the best one. It mixes elements of the shows (and even comics) before it in a way that both respects the series heritage while adding new spins on old concepts. It’s a lot of fun, it’s got rad character development. IMO it’s the quintessential turtles show. Tbh though I feel like it drags a little towards the end. I think you should start with this one.

Rise, I’m once again unfamiliar with. It tries a lot of new things, some of them work. Some of them don’t. The animation is stellar though, especially on the fight scenes. And the characters, from what I’ve seen, are pretty funny and enjoyable. But as this is the biggest departure from the turtles formula, I feel it’s best watched after seeing some classic turtles first. But you can do what you want.
Tales of the TMNT (aka season 5) was mostly epilogues/what if episodes tbf. Story technically ends after Shredder and Kavasas are permanently dealt with.

and you’re young and probably like anime…so by default you’d possibly like Rise
Well, that might've been the reason why Nick sent it to Nicktoons (read: the graveyard for shows getting in the way of Spongebob reruns) at the end.
they only sent the Halloween and their least favorite TMNT finale (the apocalypse one) to Nicktoons. Rest of the series stayed on Nick.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My IRL friend recommended the 2003 show
Also I just remembered that I did watch that live action show that I thought was a fever dream for the longest time

D

Deleted member

I mean, I see no reason we should leave. We did fine without Smash news for a long time right? We could just keep coming here to hang out,
I mean ya, but it's inevitable that a bunch of people leave and this place becomes empty again.

And unlike when Smash 4's DLC cycle ended, this could very well be the end of Smash for a good few years. I don't see us getting another game until long after the Switch is gone and Nintendo's next console is on shelves, whenever that is. I feel most people won't want to stick around and wait that long, no?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I mean ya, but it's inevitable that a bunch of people leave and this place becomes empty again.

And unlike when Smash 4's DLC cycle ended, this could very well be the end of Smash for a good few years. I don't see us getting another game until long after the Switch is gone and Nintendo's next console is on shelves, whenever that is. I feel most people won't want to stick around and wait that long, no?
I mean, some obviously, but not everyone is here to wait.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm biased towards 03 since that's what I grew up with(and re-runs of the first 2 movies with Tournament Fighters sprinkled in). If you like a bit more of a serious take that's like the OG comics at first, but still kid friendly go with that one. Like all versions of TMNT it gets a little weird towards the end, but still some enjoyable stuff. It also has the best "marital arts" fight scenes in the show. Again my bias says go with this one.

87 is pretty lighthearted and lays the foundation for a lot of the franchise to be honest. It's also the least plot heavy from what I remember so you can just vibe.

2012 is sort of the middle ground one. It's not as gritty as 03 could be, but isn't as goofy as 87. I thought it kind of dragged its feet in some spots, but when it's good, it's pretty good.

Rise is the "weird" one, like Spider-Man Unlimited. They take the characters in different directions at first before they settle slowly into their normal roles, more or less. But I do think it has some good humor. It's action scenes are also really good, but it's more "anime" action than "martial arts". So which style you prefer might change your enjoyment.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean, I see no reason we should leave. We did fine without Smash news for a long time right? We could just keep coming here to hang out,
I'm staying. I originally joined right after Sm4sh DLC wrapped up and I don't use any other social media app other than Discord, so there's no point in me leaving. Worst case scenario, I'll pop in and out every once in a while.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, some obviously, but not everyone is here to wait.
That is also fair.

But I mean... we are on Smashboards. I feel like most people here are here to talk about Smash, and we're just the outliers. Especially when you compare the amount of active users here to the active amount of users on the newcomer spec thread.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
That is also fair.

But I mean... we are on Smashboards. I feel like most people here are here to talk about Smash, and we're just the outliers. Especially when you compare the amount of active users here to the active amount of users on the newcomer spec thread.
Yeah, but still.

D

Deleted member

I'm still pretty unsure if I'm going to stay here or just abandon my account, but I've been here for 4 years already. Couldn't hurt to stay for a few more.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Damn, didn't saw this tweet earlier.

Well if you didn't share the invisible glitch before Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , this tweet should show you where to go.

Again, hope it doesn't bother you. And if you did share it already, my B.
Ah, okay. I was a tad confused where to send the bug. I’ll let em’ know later!
An Nintendo Direct is happening, guys!

I am channeling all of my energy for Cinderace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom