• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Recently, I read most of the 90's New Warriors comics. It's 90's as hell, but it was pretty solid. I kind of want to see those characters in an adaptation someday.

That said, in the original run, I was pretty disappointed that Speedball and Rage didn't get enough bro moments together, the gentle giant and the goofball make a good dynamic. The rest of the OG team was cool too.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I need help from any of my fellow creative nerds for my story redoing.

--------

I'm basically redoing my story's lore and streamlining it a bit. Now there are three in two worlds.

Light
Darkness
And one I haven't been able to think of what to call. Not Grey, Limbo or Chaos but something in the middle still. A balance that could work between them but still keep to similar wording. And can't explain much of the context just yet.

So uh.................suggestions?

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125

--------

I'm basically redoing my story's lore and streamlining it a bit. Now there are three in two worlds.

Light
Darkness
And one I haven't been able to think of what to call. Not Grey or Chaos but something in the middle still. A balance that could work between them but still keep to similar wording. And can't explain much of the context just yet.

Call it Limbo.

Noipoi

Howdy!

--------

Light
Darkness
And one I haven't been able to think of what to call. Not Grey or Chaos but something in the middle still. A balance that could work between them but still keep to similar wording. And can't explain much of the context just yet.

Equinox?

It’s the mid point between the longest brightest day of the year and the darkest shortest day. It also kinda sounds like “equal” and it sounds all magic-y when you say it in a deep voice.

EQUINOX

Dutch Raikuna

Call it Limbo.
Can't tell if troll or bad attempt.

Not what I'm looking for.

Equinox?

It’s the mid point between the longest brightest day of the year and the darkest shortest day. It also kinda sounds like “equal” and it sounds all magic-y when you say it in a deep voice.

EQUINOX

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh.

That could work. Cause I was thinking of the third having multiple personalities as well to reflect male and female and to take a hint from Hinduism into a sort of interesting being of an idea.

Word is a bit hard for me to pronounce cause accent admittedly but yeah you're hitting the right track for me my friend. Thank you!

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord

--------

Light
Darkness
And one I haven't been able to think of what to call. Not Grey, Limbo or Chaos but something in the middle still. A balance that could work between them but still keep to similar wording. And can't explain much of the context just yet.

If it’s kind of like a foreboding in between kind of affair I guess you could call it the dim? Or if you want it to be a kind of in between of the two worlds you could call it the interlude?

or you could call it Jim if you wanted to

Dutch Raikuna

Problem with making names for deities is my stubbornness to make it an original name and smash them together from various mythologies. A part of me feels like it's cheating if I use even a single one.

Shroob

Sup?
No direct this week… so what was MonolithSoft’s maintenance about?
Who knows.

Still, lots of rumors about GB/GBC on NSO, and the NSO 3 year anniversary is on the 17th, so if it'll be any week, it'll be next week.

The last week of September is 100% off the table due to Nintendo not overlapping with real world events, namely, Tokyo Game Show, so if nothing else, next week looks promising.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
**** you Shadow the Hedgehog loves Adele’s music it’s canon because I said so.
And every fiction character ever has turned into a girl, turned into a boy, ****ed men, ****ed women, ****ed those who lieth betwixth, ****ed their family members of all ages, and committed every single crime known to man. Because fanfic writers say so.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It’s ****in

PRETTY

Got some cozy ass vibes, man. Like a pleasant countryside in the summer.
Thank you so much! Haiku really blew this one out of the water.

This forest is basically one that houses a deity (the purple bunny creature on the left) so I figured it should look pretty majestic. The deity, named Abel, is definitely someone who likes calm, serene things, like stargazing, and taking naps. So I figured it'd be fitting to make the forest look like something from a dream, or something that'd make you feel at peace. I was playing Genshin Impact, and I came across this one area that was almost EXACTLY what I imagined the forest looking like, so I screenshotted it, sent it over to Haiku, and they concepted this little masterpiece.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Who knows.

Still, lots of rumors about GB/GBC on NSO, and the NSO 3 year anniversary is on the 17th, so if it'll be any week, it'll be next week.

The last week of September is 100% off the table due to Nintendo not overlapping with real world events, namely, Tokyo Game Show, so if nothing else, next week looks promising.
And apparently, I hadn’t noticed this, but all the directs this year have been around the 13-18th of the given month.

Shroob

Sup?
And apparently, I hadn’t noticed this, but all the directs this year have been around the 13-18th of the given month.
Some had come in the first week of September.

The main thing to take away from everything is that Directs usually don't fall past the 3rd week of a month, so next week has a lot riding on it.

Next week has ****ing nothing to its name. No new game release like WarioWare, no in-person event like Tokyo Game Show, no rival company presentations like Sony, so next week is now or never.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Some had come in the first week of September.

The main thing to take away from everything is that Directs usually don't fall past the 3rd week of a month, so next week has a lot riding on it.

Next week has ****ing nothing to its name. No new game release like WarioWare, no in-person event like Tokyo Game Show, no rival company presentations like Sony, so next week is now or never.
Let’s hope so then because hot damn I want to know the final fighter so I can start the slow and painful process of watching all my friends leave.

Shroob

Sup?
A lot of this, of course, rides on if the NSO rumors are true.

But with several gaming websites reporting on it, it seems slightly more credible than most rumors.

The Switch had 4 emulators ready to go for NSO

And while we'd all love N64/GCN games on NSO, GB/GBC frankly is the next logical step after NES/SNES

So we'll just have to wait and see.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I bet the final fighter will be nobody interesting. Can’t say if it will be. Then again, it might cause the internet to explode like an atomic bomb.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Can you think of a piece of fiction where literally everybody is a colossal moron? I’m binging Red vs. Blue while I work, and it’s amazing how well it pulls off pretty much everybody playing hot potato with a single braincell.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What's with the Sonic Colors controversy I've been seeing sprinkled online lately? I remember months back people were absolutely hyping up the remaster and also rubbing it in that it's superior because Skyward Sword is overpriced as hell. :nifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom