• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It'll go one of two ways.

Either absolutely fine

Or

"OH JESUS CHRIST THIS EMULATION IS AWFUL OH GOD WHY IS THE MUSIC OUT OF SYNCH OH LORD IT'S CHUGGING OH **** MY SAVE DATA NOOOOO!"
I thought about getting a DS multicart with WAY more games on it but they make me uneasy and has too many forgettable games.

So I just sticked with a Pogeymanz one.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If you're curious, here's the list according to the description:
  1. Diamond
  2. Pearl
  3. Platinum
  4. HeartGold
  5. SoulSilver
  6. Black
  7. White
  8. Black 2
  9. White 2
  10. Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (US)
  11. Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (EU)
  12. Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time (US)
  13. Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time (EU)
  14. Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness (US)
  15. Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness (EU)
  16. Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
  17. Ranger
  18. Ranger: Shadows of Almia
  19. Ranger: Guardian Signs
  20. Dash
  21. Trozei!
  22. Link! (European version of Trozei!)
  23. Conquest
Dumb to have repeats but whatever.

D

Deleted member

"I arrived to Roma and just as I arrived I arrived"

Took this from a video I am watching right now

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So far, NMH3 is what I expected: Hitting hard in the places you'd expect and missing harder... also in the places you expect. It's clear that the overall graphics weren't as much as a priority as getting certain cleaner HD visuals and music right, which have been amazing so far ngl. However, sometimes I need to take a second and pause my hacking and slashing to notice how man... there are a lot of cutbacks or really graphically glitchy areas in the game. I can move my camera an inch and have the entire map before my eyes change into a different kind or render with different lights and shading.

Sometimes, the shaders on Travis close in on him and make him look like what happens when you put Dragonball FighterZ on low quality settings.

Untitled.png

Which I find funny considering Travis's model is also a little muddy. But this is what I anticipated, realistic-looking characters have always had muddy skin tones. Mortal Kombat, Apex Legends, Witcher; they all have these universal issues. The visual effects on his beam katanas and death glove moves are amazing, though. The only thing I have left to complain about is... I'll get to it.

As for what I like, the combat is the same but improved (imo) and probably the best incarnation of it. Certain enemies are braindead easy while others are insanely difficult either through jank or high armor/HP, so sometimes enemy waves can have massive difficulty spikes. I like all of the Suda moments and wackiness cutaways that Travis Strikes Again had started, they're good fun. However, one thing has always bugged me:

Whenever you finish a chapter (AKA win a ranked battle), the story cutscenes end with an actual anime ED... and then it has one of those intermission pages, like the one from DBZ where Goku and Gohan do stuff or the JoJo Stand stats screen, with a random character... and then an entire anime OP to kickstart the next chapter. The first time it happened, I was confused. The second time it happened, I was like "Oh, I get it now! But why did they show it twice? It takes like ten minutes, there's no way they'll stick with this, right?". The third time it happened, I was like "what the ****". Why? Who decided to do that? Could I skip it? To be honest I didn't check, but even if I did, that's ****ing stupid. Why would you repeat if it was so long? Why would I be forced to do this? If you put a skip option on it, you have to at least be aware that it'll be annoying if it constantly stands in your way.

Overall, game's aight so far.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No

Cause I'll be dead.
Well I won't have to worry about that because I'll be dead.
No

Cuz at that point hyper-advanced VR technology will exist and I’ll be living in the world of Pokémon.
More of that Ying/Yang stuff.

Plus with his medical science is advancing it’s possible we all might still be alive at that point.

Though I do think I’d rather be dead then old.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
You ever sometimes think about how different 1900 was compared to 2000? And then get really anxious thinking about how different 2100 will be compared to now?
what if someone recreates BMO from Adventure Time and we’ll all have cute little -MO buddies with their own thoughts and feelings and awesome videogames.

edit: idk but whether the start of one century is different from another doesn’t matter to me, and I’ll probably be dead anyway.

BMO buddies would be cool though. Just my random thought for today. Not sure if anyone would do that let alone if technology will advance far enough to do that if possible, but y’know.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
More of that Ying/Yang stuff.

A4ED1876-CFCB-4662-A25B-096BF67996AC.jpeg

Plus with his medical science is advancing it’s possible we all might still be alive at that point.

Though I do think I’d rather be dead then old.
Ehhh it depends.

If ****’s rad I’ll stick around. If it’s rough, then tough **** grand kiddies but pop pop’s out.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
You ever sometimes think about how different 1900 was compared to 2000? And then get really anxious thinking about how different 2100 will be compared to now?
That’s a good question. What will the world look like in 2100. I mean I know I’m probably gonna be dead at that point, but like, will it be more beautiful and tolerable than today, where people are more accepted and nature has recovered? Will it be no different from today? Or will there be… anything left at all?

I dunno, Snake, but that’s the sort of deep thinking that kept me up at night in high school. Still keeps me up every so often in the present.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That’s a good question. What will the world look like in 2100. I mean I know I’m probably gonna be dead at that point, but like, will it be more beautiful and tolerable than today, where people are more accepted and nature has recovered? Will it be no different from today? Or will there be… anything left at all?

I dunno, Snake, but that’s the sort of deep thinking that kept me up at night in high school. Still keeps me up every so often in the present.
Well there's a dangerously close meteor heading in our direction that may or may not hit us sometime in the 2060's so who knows if society Will be around by 2100.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 329743

Ehhh it depends.

If ****’s rad I’ll stick around. If it’s rough, then tough **** grand kiddies but pop pop’s out.
At this point I’m just doing it to annoy you.

And I get that mentality. I’m honestly more concerned with how my body will function at that age. I ain’t usin no Walker. I ain’t wearin no glasses. I ain’t wearin no diaper. And I ain’t livin in no nursin home.
Man this tripped me up a bit.

Is it weird that the idea of being alive longer gives me anxiety?
Nope. Totally normal.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well with sudden changes to my 50-Movie Challenge, here's how far I've gotten so far.

1. Shadow in the Cloud
2. Wrong Turn
3. Finding 'Ohana
4. Willy's Wonderland
5. Tom & Jerry
6. Coming 2 America
7. Raya and the Last Dragon
8. Boss Level
9. Nobody
10. Godzilla vs. Kong
11. Arlo the Alligator Boy
12. Mortal Kombat
13. The Mitchells vs. The Machines
14. Wrath of Man
15. Oxygen
16. Those Who Wish Me Dead
17. Army of the Dead
18. Spiral
19. A Quiet Place Part II
20. Awake
21. Infinite
22. The Misfits
23. The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard
24. Luca
25. F9
26. The Ice Road
27. The Tomorrow War
28. Black Widow
29. Gunpowder Milkshake
30. Space Jam: A New Legacy
31. Jolt
32. Jungle Cruise

33. The Green Knight
34. The Suicide Squad
35. Free Guy
36. Reminiscence
37. Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms
38. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

39. Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog
40. Cry Macho
41. No Time To Die
42. Halloween Kills
43. The Last Dual
44. Dune
45. Last Night in Soho
46. Eternals
47. Red Notice
48. Ghostbusters: Afterlife
49. Encanto
50. Spider-Man: No Way Home

Italic means I've watched.

Just 14 movies to go this year.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Anybody catch the new What If?
Why is Hank so chaotic in this series lol first a serial killer and now he out here starting the damn zombie appocolypse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom