• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So interestingly enough, I've been watching footage of Colors Ultimate on Sonic Terminal and it looks like it's running fine here:

This whole situation is really confusing to me rn.

Are most of the issues just on Switch?
The Switch has the worst issues with seizure inducing gltiches. The PS versions can corrupt save data. XBOX and PC seem to be the best with the biggest issue being slowdown and frame drops

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Huh.

So finished all 3 main routes in the Hopeful.

Not sure if i'm gonna play the Rodriguez Route, but that's done at least.

Tho weirdly, Cyclope didn't turn into a Joy Mutant, despite me giving him Joy before he died.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think there's some disconnect here: Sonic Colors is legit a great game, and to see it being remastered to modern consoles is great! We were all craving for a good 3D Sonic after the disaster if Forces, so why not bring over the game that salvaged the franchise?

However, SEGA thought it was a good idea to release it in the buggy state that it is, which is why everyone's just tired and upset. This is a game that seemed impossible to **** up, and yet they did somehow. Nobody wanted Colors Ultimate to fail, but nobody wants to play a game that is straight up hazardous to their health.

Will it be patched? Hopefully. But this is just another case if SEGA being SEGA.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The Switch has the worst issues with seizure inducing gltiches. The PS versions can corrupt save data. XBOX and PC seem to be the best with the biggest issue being slowdown and frame drops
PC version and Xbox versions being the best options aren't too surprising: Sonic, funny enough, actually has a history of Xbox ports playing better than Playstation counterparts.

Hopefully they can get patches out to those consoles soon, though.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I think there's some disconnect here: Sonic Colors is legit a great game, and to see it being remastered to modern consoles is great! We were all craving for a good 3D Sonic after the disaster if Forces, so why not bring over the game that salvaged the franchise?

However, SEGA thought it was a good idea to release it in the buggy state that it is, which is why everyone's just tired and upset. This is a game that seemed impossible to **** up, and yet they did somehow. Nobody wanted Colors Ultimate to fail, but nobody wants to play a game that is straight up hazardous to their health.

Will it be patched? Hopefully. But this is just another case if SEGA being SEGA.
Yeah like, in spite of the crash and the disgraceful audio mixing, Colours is still a good time on PS4. I had as much fun with it now as I did when I first played it.

It just deserves so much better than "hopefully patches will fix the issues"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That short is one of my earliest memories of Sonic, as a franchise. I think it came out when I was 6 or 7.

I was disappointed to learn she wasn’t actually in Unleashed
Saaaame, Unleashed CGI cutscenes were like the way the best way to get into the franchise for me, Unleashed Intro is still god tier to this day. And that short was just really fun to watch.

Also

Reality is often dissapointing.

Tho funnily enough, the other two ghost does cameo in Unleashed.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Thank you, this is a really good take on the situation.

Colors is an amazing game, it's just that this port's launch was bungled. No one wanted this to happen, it's just the unfortunate reality behind Sega management: It's a classic case of good talent being abused by horrid decisions from higher ups. This port probably needed another month in the oven, but with any luck, hopefully a patch is coming super soon.

It's just a shame we're in a situation where a patch is needed in the first place. :drsad:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Divided between starting Blaster Master Zero 3 or replaying AM2R. 🤔

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well I may have to get a new laptop so that sucks.

The seven year old one is having more issues. Just overheating more frequently.

Look life, I want to save up money for driving lessons and one game a month: is that so hard?!

Imma low key drop Smash if the final character isnt someone I care about and pick up Melty blood lol
I'm so tempted to get Melty Blood now. While I want a Fate fighting game so bad, this will do.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Frick, there's also Fading Memories to play too.
Nene confused.jpg

Too many good options, not enough time. X_x

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I beat Sabrina a bit a go and forgot to update. Her gym looks cool but unless you know the teleporter route, that place is a god damn maze. I've also tapped into my Go save to create my final team from here out.

Nidoking, A-Marowak, A-Ninetales, Gengar, A-Persian, Raticate

Gonna go level the new guys then head to Blaine.

Edit: Actually, I'm gonna make one change; Raticate to Starmie. Literally just caught a Staryu.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
...But Unleashed never got ported to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom