• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly I just recall it from TV Tropes. When Sega was finding failure with its addons to the Genesis like the CD and 32X, Nintendo seized their chance and put DKC out, boasting how it didn’t require the “cutting edge addons” that were being put out by Sega. Couple that with Sonic’s shoes in DKC2 being shown right before the disaster that was the Saturn, and coincidence and bragging rights make for sheer humiliation.
Hmm, I guess it make sense, tho not sure how reliable TvTrope can be on this.

Either way, thanks for answering my question!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I thought Egoraptor was garbage before it was cool.
Egoraptor always rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not sure if it was because if his videos, his usage of the n-word many times, or if he just seems like a ****ty person becasue of his over-inflated ego.

I just want him gone at this point

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Egoraptor always rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not sure if it was because if his videos, his usage of the n-word many times, or if he just seems like a ****ty person becasue of his over-inflated ego.

I just want him gone at this point
He used the N word?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m hearing that the Switch version of all versions of Sonic Colors…is very bad (haven’t actually seen videos of it since they’re apparently seizure inducing, and I ain’t tryna give myself 48 more of those ****ers).

but I did see a picture of Sonic as a fish thing

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
HA

same people working on this did the Switch port for WWE 2K18, and that version is both one of the worst wrestling games in history and easily one of the worst games on Switch

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
When you like Game Grumps and you're in a room full of people that don't.
View attachment 329099
Hey, if that make you feel better, I liked their Sonic '06 videos & Punch-Out Wii series....even if i'm still a bit salty that they didn't finish that one, last tiem I checked at least.

That, and does Steam Train LP of Undertale count? 'cuz it's actually one of the reasons why I started caring about Undertale in the first place.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hey, if that make you feel better, I liked their Sonic '06 videos & Punch-Out Wii series....even if i'm still a bit salty that they didn't finish that one, last tiem I checked at least.

That, and does Steam Train LP of Undertale count? 'cuz it's actually one of the reasons why I started caring about Undertale in the first place.
I mean, I'm not gonna feel bad about liking them if other people don't. At the end of the day, we're all gonna die and meld with the earth anyways, might as well enjoy life the way you want to, you know?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean, I'm not gonna feel bad about liking them if other people don't. At the end of the day, we're all gonna die and meld with the earth anyways, might as well enjoy life the way you want to, you know?
Oh yeah, could have worded better that part, but just wanted to say that there is some part of the Game Grumps I like.

It's not just blind hatred for the sake of it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I looked up WWE 2K18 for the Switch, and it appears it was made by Blind Squirrel Games. Going back to what I was trying to say, Blind Squirrel Games aren't perfect with every game.

Though if anything, 2K Games or whoever let Blind Squirrel Games make that port could have been hard to work with. If I am right, Sega must have been hard to work with for the Colors port.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Apparently, Blind Squirrel Games were responsible for the Bioshock Collection. Despite whatever review ratings they had, that game collection was bad in the eyes of many apparently. There were people who did not like that either. (Unlike what a certain someone here said, who I won't name)

That is probably all I will say on Blind Squirrel Games now.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man I want to say something tonight but I don't what I want to say about.

I could watch K-On or finish Scarlet Nexus or do some story writing but my body is like "nope."

Anxiety and depression is a *****.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Despite whatever review ratings they had, that game collection was bad in the eyes of many apparently. There were people who did not like that either.
This is demonstrably false going by Steam reviews.
At worst, BioShock 2 Remastered is Mixed overall with recent reviews trending positive.

Which isn't bad at all, a game doesn't need unanimous glowing praise to be well received.

(Unlike what a certain someone here said, who I won't name)
Such passive aggressiveness is unnecessary and pretty foolish when that certain someone (hi) can still read this

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I have watched the Game Grumps before, I remember liking a few of their LPs, but I never followed them regularly so I can't speak for much either way.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
only thing I truly know about Game Grumps isn’t actually them…it’s Starbomb music and random memes
Yes. Sonic bad. We all noticed. I already had a breakdown about this last night. Can we please move on?
can’t move on when I only just got in…but why did you have a breakdown likely over it during my Shang-Chi absence?
You mean Blue Squirrel Games?
Blind yeah…and it’s good for you to have felt the pain Nintendo fans have had with WWE games (Wii and GameCube had such an easy time during the glorious THQ era while 2K rushed with the Switch for money)
I actually really like their DDLC play through. The dynamic of one who knows what’s going on and one who doesn’t makes the twist very funny.
isn’t possible to hate any playth

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is demonstrably false going by Steam reviews.
At worst, BioShock 2 Remastered is Mixed overall with recent reviews trending positive.

Which isn't bad at all, a game doesn't need unanimous glowing praise to be well received.

Such passive aggressiveness is unnecessary and pretty foolish when that certain someone (hi) can still read this
Well, I looked into it more, and apparently, the Switch Ports were bad, and the other versions had their flaws, but the port of Infinite was bad, maybe depending on the version, but there were some bad versions apparently. That said, Colors Ultimate got good scores, despite the flaws.

For the last part, I do not care. Now why not leave me alone, please?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I don't watch Game Grumps so I don't know the full situation.

Nothing against them but I am not a fan of let's plays period (I just want to watch gameplay without commentary)
I really feel like I'm a rarity. Like I don't enjoy watching Let's Plays or whatever. It's like I can just get the game instead and not watch having someone overreact. Same with streamers. I just don't see the appeal really.

Hololive is probably the closest but that's more to do with the memes and designs.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well, I looked into it more, and apparently, the Switch Ports were bad, and the other versions had their flaws, but the port of Infinite was bad, maybe depending on the version, but there were some bad versions apparently. That said, Colors Ultimate got good scores, despite the flaws.

For the last part, I do not care. Now why not leave me alone, please?
Hey, you called Schnee out even if it wasn't directly.

Don't bother trying to start **** if you can't handle them striking back.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I remember when this dude was legit upset that he actually liked Mania.

I'd do literally anything to get Egoraptor gone at this point.
I stopped watching Game Grumps a long time ago. I really like Danny but Aaron's crass and astoundingly bad at understanding the games he's playing. It's easy to be vulger and I got sick of it. Then when he kept *****ing about my favorite game, Majora's Mask, I moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom