• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Playing Sonic World just makes me miss Adventure formula even more, TBH.

Like, I love boost, don't get me wrong, it's just...

Adventure formula just had the sauce, man. It's so heckin' fun when done right, and I'll stand by that I think it had more right than wrong in its era. 06 and Shadow are the only real stinkers of that era IMO.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Playing Sonic World just makes me miss Adventure formula even more, TBH.

Like, I love boost, don't get me wrong, it's just...

Adventure formula just had the sauce, man. It's so heckin' fun when done right, and I'll stand by that I think it had more right than wrong in its era. 06 and Shadow are the only real stinkers of that era IMO.
I said this before, but Adventure was peak 3D Sonic in terms of gameplay. Not to say that I hate the boost formula, and overall majority if the boost games are better overall, but Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles controlled like a dream in Adventure 1 and I prefer the more open ended level design as opposed to the more narrower corridor design of the boost games.

It's a damn shame Shadow and 06 had to kill it off for good.

KillerCage

Smash Master
All this Sonic talk really makes me want to get back into working on my fighting game ideas.

Pick your main:
Sonic the Hedgehog (Irish the Hedgehog as an alt. character)
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Amy Rose
Knuckles the Echidna (Metal Knuckles as an alt. character)
Dr. Eggman (Eggman Nega as an alt. character)
Metal Sonic
Cream the Rabbit
Shadow the Hedgehog
Rouge the Bat
E-123 Omega
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee
Espio the Chameleon
Blaze the Cat
Silver the Hedgehog
Classic Sonic
Sticks the Badger
Big the Cat
Honey the Cat
E-102 Gamma
Chaos
Emerl (Gemerl as an alt. character)
Mephiles the Dark
Erazor Djinn
Sonic the Werehog
Merlina
Zavok (assisted by the rest of the Deadly Six)
Heavy King (assisted by the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies)
Infinite
Classic Eggman
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel
Bean the Dynamite
Bark the Polar Bear
Mighty the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel
Tangle the Lemur
Whisper the Wolf

Potential Guests
NiGHTS
Alex Kidd
Segata Sanshiro
Joker
Arle Carbuncle
Mega Man
I'm feeling either Espio or Omega.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
It's wild I'm more interested in a sequel to a live action film for Sonic than I am the next major game tbh

And by wild I mean depressing

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I understand the disappointment and lack of faith in Sonic ATM but like

For me personally

I'm kinda just going with the flow. I've been with this franchise since I was a wee lad, nothing they do really surprises me anymore and the mismanagement and inconsistency with titles is just the norm for me. I've just kind of accepted it and just play what Sonic games look interesting to me.

Granted, it shouldn't be this way, as Sega is fully capable of greatness: Literally almost all of their other franchises have been popping off lately, there's really no excuse for what's going on with Sonic other than they're still letting the same misguided management from the Shadow and 06 era call the shots, and as long as they continue to do that, nothing will ever change.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I could easily see Nick All-Stars getting DLC instead of a sequel simply because that would mean Nick doesn’t have to fund or publish a second physical release. Especially if it sells really well.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Sometimes I am really glad I'm not that big of a Sonic fan. What's the point of mocking the "rough transition to 3D" mindset if you're going to **** on most of the 3D games anyway?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Wonder if I should add these guys to my Sonic Clash roster joining the other potential DLC

-Jet
-Dr. Starline
-Captain Whisker & Johnny
-Dark Chao Walker
-Excalibur Sonic
-Reaper Metal Sonic
I have never heard of Reaper Metal Sonic in my life, but he sounds like some edgy Hot Topic ****er and I love it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I have never heard of Reaper Metal Sonic in my life, but he sounds like some edgy Hot Topic ****er and I love it.
Basically it’s Halloween versions of Metal Sonic, I thought he’d be an interesting variant of Metal Sonic having a scythe weapon as well as other spooky attacks
8B7EC64F-F8B9-480F-93DA-EEC7E4FD33DA.jpeg

6272867D-0641-4AEF-84C3-77F00DE209F6.jpeg

From Sonic Channel and Sonic Forces: Speed Battle respectively

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Basically it’s Halloween versions of Metal Sonic, I thought he’d be an interesting variant of Metal Sonic having a scythe weapon as well as other spooky attacks
2010's Shadow finally found himself a worthy rival I see.

For real, not sure which design I like more.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Judging by the way Donkey Kong Country humiliated the idea of SEGA’s addons (in America, anyway), it’s become much easier to see why not.
Think you're gonna have to expand on your point here, 'cuz I never heard of DKC being the reason why Sega add-on failed in the west.

Not saying you're lying, but i'm genuily curious where did you find this info.
I think it’d be interesting to see a mix of both
Yeah, think a mix of both design would be the best, 'cuz on their own, not sure if I like one over the other.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Think you're gonna have to expand on your point here, 'cuz I never heard of DKC being the reason why Sega add-on failed in the west.

Not saying you're lying, but i'm genuily curious where did you find this info.
Honestly I just recall it from TV Tropes. When Sega was finding failure with its addons to the Genesis like the CD and 32X, Nintendo seized their chance and put DKC out, boasting how it didn’t require the “cutting edge addons” that were being put out by Sega. Couple that with Sonic’s shoes in DKC2 being shown right before the disaster that was the Saturn, and coincidence and bragging rights make for sheer humiliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom