• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I just found out that a certain TV show, specifically a reboot of an older show, got cancelled. I normally don't celebrate TV show cancellations, and I'm not necessarily celebrating this one... but after everything about this show and its reception, including how it handled the original IP it was rebooting and how the creators responded to any criticism they got, my own reaction to it getting cancelled can be summed up in one classic GIF...

Here's hoping that a better show takes its place, the IP ends up in better hands in the future, and that the show creators learn from their mistakes... probably not gonna happen, but it would certainly be nice.
Let me guess, Thundercats Roar?

Yes, they do! Callie's canon color is pink, while Marie's is green. Inklings being able to control what color their ink is hasn't been fully confirmed via canon yet (At least, not any I can remember), but I imagine they probably can, as Pearl and Marina have been seen rocking slightly different hues to their ink color schemes during Splatfests.
Callie’s is more of a purplish magenta, and Marie’s is lime green. Pearl is bubblegum pink and Marina is turquoise (slightly more blue than green)

Pearl can also be associated with Gold (her zipper + Chaos ink) and Marina with Silver (her zipper + Order ink)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
what makes the other not kill the meme? maybe it's just mob mentality because everyone was basically just bullying him for his voice. maybe he was just a guy trying to do his thing and everyone shunned him off the internet because, for some reason, they ambiguously disliked him with no proper real reason.
BTM got doxxed too iirc. For ****ing memes

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I just found out that a certain TV show, specifically a reboot of an older show, got cancelled. I normally don't celebrate TV show cancellations, and I'm not necessarily celebrating this one... but after everything about this show and its reception, including how it handled the original IP it was rebooting and how the creators responded to any criticism they got, my own reaction to it getting cancelled can be summed up in one classic GIF...

Here's hoping that a better show takes its place, the IP ends up in better hands in the future, and that the show creators learn from their mistakes... probably not gonna happen, but it would certainly be nice.
This is a time of celebration!

One down. One more to go. Looking at you Teen Titans Go! :evil:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Let me guess, Thundercats Roar?
Bingo.

Eh, not really in a celebratory mood, especially since Cartoon Network will just keep making shows like Go and Roar.

Now, if the previous reboot (the one from 2011 that went for an anime art style) was brought back, given an additional season or two to continue and wrap up its story, and aired on Toonami on [adult swim] where it won't be screwed over by a bad timeslot... well, I'll certainly be jumping for joy for that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Y'know, I feel like we've already had this discussion just a couple of days ago but you really need to stop and think about what you say before you say it.
I'm autistic, watch your mouth. No need to go around being insensitive.
I wasn't insulting autism, in fact, I'm autistic myself as well.

It's the fact the movie treats autism as a joke since the movie has the Yautja kidnapping the lead kid because to them autism seems to be the next stage in evolution which comes off as insulting. One of the biggest criticisms I and many had with the movie. The movie is what I was directing it towards too, not autistic people like you guys and myself.

You guys clearly misunderstood but that's probably bad on my part. I probably should have been a little more clear.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

you already know TTG ain’t ever gonna get cancelled, especially with the show continuing to get Warner good views on Cartoon Network and having 2 successful movies
Bingo.

Eh, not really in a celebratory mood, especially since Cartoon Network will just keep making shows like Go and Roar.

Now, if the previous reboot (the one from 2011 that went for an anime art style) was brought back, given an additional season or two to continue and wrap up its story, and aired on Toonami on [adult swim] where it won't be screwed over by a bad timeslot... well, I'll certainly be jumping for joy for that.
If it makes you feel better or worse...any future good CN show will end up on HBO Max

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
you already know TTG ain’t ever gonna get cancelled, especially with the show continuing to get Warner good views on Cartoon Network and having 2 successful movies

If it makes you feel better or worse...any future good CN show will end up on HBO Max
Ngl the whole HBO Max thing makes me a bit salty

cause it’s so damn expensive!!!

tfw Gen:Lock season 2 and probably RWBY V8 will be there, though probably as timed exclusives for a month

Noipoi

Howdy!
r/AITA after telling someone to cut off and murder their sister after she licked their ice cream cone without permission
“My (38M) Wife (19F) ate the last cupcake even though I wanted it. What do I do?”

Huge red flags. Divorce her ass. Delete Facebook. Lawyer up. Hit the gym.”

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ngl the whole HBO Max thing makes me a bit salty

cause it’s so damn expensive!!!

tfw Gen:Lock season 2 and probably RWBY V8 will be there, though probably as timed exclusives for a month
better to be a timed exclusive than permanent...unfortunately like Infinity Train if it doesn't get cancelled

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also, Disney + Predator = PG-13 at best.

That's not going to work.

That and Predator at heart is a horror movie, not an action movie. Not an action-COMEDY movie like the 2018 movie tried very hard to be.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
“My (38M) Wife (19F) ate the last cupcake even though I wanted it. What do I do?”

Huge red flags. Divorce her ass. Delete Facebook. Lawyer up. Hit the gym.”
Bro, I swear the age gaps are so weird. Like, the half your age plus seven rule seems to not apply to redditors.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Lamperouge Lamperouge

In case you didn't see my post regarding the autism comment. It was directed towards the movie that treated autism like a joke and insulting people (The Predators kidnapping the lead kid as they see autism as evolutions next step) like you Guh-Huzzah and I and not towards autistic people. I admit I should have probably been a little more clear and careful with my post that it didn't seem misinterpreted, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As someone who uses reddit on a regular basis I feel called out

Then again I'm mostly just on subs like r/aww, r/yugioh, etc. If that wasn't obvious enough

KillerCage

Smash Master

There's a time in a place when a franchise desperately needs to end or die.

The Predator is one of those.

Apparently hadn't learned from the last movie. Autism is the next step in evolution!
DUDE! NOT COOL!

1606163527300.png

There are plenty of people on :smashboards: that have autism including myself!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
DUDE! NOT COOL!

There are plenty of people on :smashboards: that have autism including myself!
Did you even see my other comments? I said it was directed towards the movie, not autistic people themselves. I admit I probably should have been more clear and careful. How about reading the pages before commenting next time before posting?

As mentioned the movie insults autism by having the Yaujta kidnap a kid because autism to them is the next step in evolution.

I myself am autistic as well and was insulted by that movie for what it did.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I swear you people apparently don't look at the other posts I made. I confessed I should had been more careful and clear of my comment that the autism thing was directed towards the movie itself and not autistic people, which I myself am.

Again it's directed towards the movie in which the Predators kidnapped said kid due to seeing autism as evolution's next step which I was criticizing it for and many others has. Do you guys even read? This was a total misunderstanding and misinterpretation which again I confess was my fault for not wording it carefully and clearly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am sorry if this sounds privileged of me, but it is pretty relaxing to not have to worry about my most wanteds not getting in, because I already have :ultsteve: .

KillerCage

Smash Master
Did you even see my other comments? It was directed towards the movie, not autistic people themselves.

As mentioned the movie insults autism by having the Yaujta kidnap a kid because autism to them is the next step in evolution.

I myself am autistic as well and was insulted by that movie for what it did.
I saw them after I commented.

Even though you didn't intend to insult autism people (I wasn't aware you were autism yourself), the poor wording can and was construed as such.
Please be more careful what you type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom