• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Do Callie and Marie have a cannon Ink Color? Come to think of it... can Inklings and Octolings freely change their ink color?
Yes, they do! Callie's canon color is pink, while Marie's is green. Inklings being able to control what color their ink is hasn't been fully confirmed via canon yet (At least, not any I can remember), but I imagine they probably can, as Pearl and Marina have been seen rocking slightly different hues to their ink color schemes during Splatfests.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I’m the toughest son of a ***** I know

see I know jokes are only funny if you explain them because if you don’t know the full extent of the joke how could you laugh fully

you see the meta on here is I’m just an actual wolf and a female wolf is called a ***** so therefore in this smashboards world I’m a son of a *****
You may laugh fully now that I’ve explained why I’m hilarious

also the other two wolves I know get beaten up by caribou on the daily so they’re wimps

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I started playing God of War (the original) on the PS3, since I'm on a bit of a Greek mythology kick after playing Hades. While I've only played the introduction to this game and the introduction to the new God of War as far as the series goes, they seem very different in terms of tone.

So far, the new God of War seems mature (in that it's dealing with deeper themes like lost love or the difficulty of connecting with your kid), while the original God of War seems "mature" in the sense that Duke Nukem or (from what I've seen of it) Prince of Persia: Warrior within is "mature" (lots of blood and sexual content; the protagonist is a grim anti-hero who kills seemingly-innocent people).

Solid gameplay, but I'm not a fan of the presentation, if that makes sense. I'll stick with it, though.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I really should get around to buying the other PS4/Switch Digimon story game.

That one has been on the back burner for me since it came out.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nobody asked to see, but I will just share it anyway.
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Princess Peach
  • Bowser
  • Donkey Kong
  • King K. Rool
  • Wario
  • Link
  • Princess Zelda
  • Ganondorf
  • Samus Aran
  • Ridley
  • Kirby w/Robobot Armor
  • Meta Knight
  • King Dedede
  • Fox McCloud
  • Pikachu
  • Mewtwo
  • Red
  • Ness
  • Captain Falcon
  • Marth
  • Ike
  • Pit
  • Captain Olimar
  • Isabelle
  • Little Mac
  • Shulk
  • Agent 1/Agent 2
  • Isaac
  • Ayumi Tachibana
  • Alex Roivas
  • Takamaru
  • Ryu
  • Ken Masters
  • Chun-Li
  • M. Bison
  • Guy and Cody
  • Mike Haggar
  • Akira Kazama
  • Mega Man
  • Zero
  • Dr. Wily
  • Leon S. Kennedy
  • Nemesis T-Type
  • Phoenix Wright
  • **** Gumshoe
  • Franziska von Karma
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Lute & Ratha (Monster Hunter Stories)
  • Avinia & Frostfang (Monster Hunter Stories)
  • Dan & Qurupeco (Monster Hunter Stories)
  • Sir Arthur
  • Captain Commando
  • Nina (Breath of Fire)
  • Deis (Breath of Fire)
  • Dante
  • Regina (Dino Crisis)
  • Samanosuke Akechi (Onimusha)
  • Super Ace (1942)
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Amaterasu
  • Edward Falcon
  • Arisen (Dragon's Dogma)
  • Sissel (Ghost Trick)
  • Chuck Green (Dead Rising)
  • Yoshi exists as part of Mario’s moveset, as do the FLUDD and Cappy
  • Luigi is primarily based around Luigi's Mansion. He can even let Ghosts out of the Poltergust to aid him in the fight.
  • Donkey Kong summons Diddy for assists mid-battle
  • Red can freely switch between Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur while calling in assists from Lapras, Snorlax, and Jigglypuff. Each Pokémon has independent health, but only have a third of the health of a normal fighter.
  • Agent 1 and Agent 2 are skins of each other, their traditional Callie and Marie costumes are alternate skins, as well as their looks from Splatoon 2.
  • Guy and Cody can freely tag between each other and they have independent health, but they each only have half the health a normal fighter would.
  • Franziska and Gumshoe both have a version of Phoenix's evidence system. Franziska, being a prosecutor, already has all her evidence, and it's all about using the right evidence on the right opponent and assembling a "strong case". Gumshoe, as a detective, can only gather evidence and use it to power up his partner. If he is partnered with Phoenix, that evidence can count as a part of his evidence system.
  • Cheval & Rathi are a “premier skin” for Lute & Ratha.
  • Dr. Wily debuts his new “Wily Machine V” which combines elements of his past Wily Machines, the Yellow Devil robots, his Alien Disguise, and his Mech Suit from Mega Man Soccer.
  • Super Ace is designed in a similar manor to Fox, the man using weapons that the plane normally would.
  • Edward Falcon can collect Power Stones by getting certain level combos, without using supers. Collecting 3 will activate his super form for a limited time. Taking damage can cause him to lose a stone.
  • The Arisen has their own costume customization menu in the gallery. When you select The Arisen, you can pick between the Fighter, Strider, and Mage vocations. One of their Super Moves, "Rank Up", allows you to become either the Warrior, Sorcerer, or Ranger depending on which one you selected. Using "Rank Up" a third time allows you to become a Mystic Knight, Magick Archer, or Assassin. Balancing the tradeoffs of sacrificing Super Meter for Rank and the strengths of each individual Vocation is key to playing well as The Arisen.
  • The Game's final boss is an OC named "Mr. President" based on Satoru Iwata. He's a jovial Antonov esque final boss that just wants to show the characters a good time and put on a fun show for the audience.
  • Boss Mode takes you through the entire game's roster one after the other as Mr. President.
  • Poison and Birdo are a secret hidden ultra-powerful unplayable boss fight. The pairing can be unlocked for use in Boss-Mode.
If anyone has played Monster Hunter Stories, can you please tell me if Dan's Qurupeco has a name?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Like seriously, I really, really cannot believe a sequel has been announced to The World Ends With You. The game is without a doubt, one of the most important pieces of fiction to me, right up there with Kino's Journey, Ico, A Place Further Than The Universe, Xenoblade Chronicles etc.

The game came into my life at a tough time (long story short a lot happened that in hindsight was very good knowing the bigger picture) and well, it played a bit of a role in how I changed my view of the world.

The quotes, the music, the story, the art style, the systems in place and all. The game is near perfect and for a few years, was my favourite game of all time........until Uncharted 2 and Xenoblade 1 came along.

I've made sure to play it at least once a year and with this coming out, expect me to play it again.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Princess Peach
  • Bowser
  • Donkey Kong
  • King K. Rool
  • Wario
  • Link
  • Princess Zelda
  • Ganondorf
  • Samus Aran
  • Ridley
  • Kirby w/Robobot Armor
  • Meta Knight
  • King Dedede
  • Fox McCloud
  • Pikachu
  • Mewtwo
  • Red
  • Ness
  • Captain Falcon
  • Marth
  • Ike
  • Pit
  • Captain Olimar
  • ROB
  • Isabelle
  • Little Mac
  • Shulk
  • Agent 1/Agent 2
  • Isaac
  • Ryu
  • Ken Masters
  • Chun-Li
  • M. Bison
  • Guy and Cody
  • Mike Haggar
  • Akira Kazama
  • Mega Man
  • Zero
  • Dr. Wily
  • Leon S. Kennedy
  • Nemesis T-Type
  • Phoenix Wright
  • **** Gumshoe
  • Franziska von Karma
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Sir Arthur
  • Captain Commando
  • Nina (Breath of Fire)
  • Deis (Breath of Fire)
  • Dante
  • Regina (Dino Crisis)
  • Super Ace (1942)
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Amaterasu
  • Edward Falcon
  • Sissel (Ghost Trick)
  • Luigi is primarily based around Luigi's Mansion. He can even let Ghosts out of the Poltergust to aid him in the fight.
  • Red can freely switch between Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur while calling in assists from Lapras, Snorlax, and Jigglypuff. Each Pokémon has independent health, but only have a third of the health of a normal fighter.
  • Agent 1 and Agent 2 are skins of each other, their traditional Callie and Marie costumes are alternate skins, as well as their looks from Splatoon 2.
  • Guy and Cody can freely tag between each other and they have independent health, but they each only have half the health a normal fighter would.
  • Franziska and Gumshoe both have a version of Phoenix's evidence system. Franziska, being a prosecutor, already has all her evidence, and it's all about using the right evidence on the right opponent and assembling a "strong case". Gumshoe, as a detective, can only gather evidence and use it to power up his partner. If he is partnered with Phoenix, that evidence can count as a part of his evidence system.
  • Dr. Wily debuts his new “Wily Machine V” which combines elements of his past Wily Machines, the Yellow Devil robots, his Alien Disguise, and his Mech Suit from Mega Man Soccer.
  • Super Ace is designed in a similar manor to Fox, the man using weapons that the plane normally would.
  • Edward Falcon can collect Power Stones by getting certain level combos, without using supers. Collecting 3 will activate his super form for a limited time. Taking damage can cause him to lose a stone.
  • The Arisen has their own costume customization menu in the gallery. When you select The Arisen, you can pick between the Fighter, Strider, and Mage vocations. One of their Super Moves, "Rank Up", allows you to become either the Warrior, Sorcerer, or Ranger depending on which one you selected. Using "Rank Up" a third time allows you to become a Mystic Knight, Magick Archer, or Assassin. Balancing the tradeoffs of sacrificing Super Meter for Rank and the strengths of each individual Vocation is key to playing well as The Arisen.
  • The Game's final boss is an OC named "Mr. President" based on Satoru Iwata. He's a jovial Antonov esque final boss that just wants to show the characters a good time and put on a fun show for the audience.
  • Boss Mode takes you through the entire game's roster one after the other as Mr. President.
  • Poison and Birdo are a secret hidden ultra-powerful unplayable boss fight. The pairing can be unlocked for use in Boss-Mode.
If anyone has played Monster Hunter Stories, can you please tell me if Dan's Qurupeco has a name?
I like the list. My only issues are the lack of Greninja, Kirby using the Robobot Armor instead of his copy abilities, and Callie and Marie over Agent 3. Also, as much as it pains me to say it... Isaac should be replaced with someone else.

D

Deleted member

Grass is always greener, huh
I am confused. What are you trying to say?

Like seriously, I really, really cannot believe a sequel has been announced to The World Ends With You. The game is without a doubt, one of the most important pieces of fiction to me, right up there with Kino's Journey, Ico, A Place Further Than The Universe, Xenoblade Chronicles etc.

The game came into my life at a tough time (long story short a lot happened that in hindsight was very good knowing the bigger picture) and well, it played a bit of a role in how I changed my view of the world.

The quotes, the music, the story, the art style, the systems in place and all. The game is near perfect and for a few years, was my favourite game of all time........until Uncharted 2 and Xenoblade 1 came along.

I've made sure to play it at least once a year and with this coming out, expect me to play it again.
I am happy for you!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I like the list. My only issues are the lack of Greninja, Kirby using the Robobot Armor instead of his copy abilities, and Callie and Marie over Agent 3. Also, as much as it pains me to say it... Isaac should be replaced with someone else.
I gave him the Robobot because A: It still has copy abilities, and B: it gives him some much needed size and longer limbs to work better in a game like this. Kirby just does not have the right proportions for a game like this.

Callie and Marie are actual characters. Agent 3 is not. Plus, people love Callie and Marie. They'd have the exact same move-set anyway.

Really? Isaac should be replaced? What about Takamaru? Or Alex Roivas? Or Super Ace? Or Sissel? Like... there can be weirder and less mainstream characters. Plus, people are always BEGGING for Golden Sun to be brought back.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I gave him the Robobot because A: It still has copy abilities, and B: it gives him some much needed size and longer limbs to work better in a game like this. Kirby just does not have the right proportions for a game like this.

Callie and Marie are actual characters. Agent 3 is not. Plus, people love Callie and Marie. They'd have the exact same move-set anyway.

Really? Isaac should be replaced? What about Takamaru? Or Alex Roivas? Or Super Ace? Or Sissel? Like... there can be weirder and less mainstream characters. Plus, people are always BEGGING for Golden Sun to be brought back.
Oh, I didn't even see the last two lol.

Also, om the Agent 1/2 thing, the moveset wouldn't because it would go against their character. They have specialized weapons that they hammer into you, Callie with a Splattershot would make no sense at all.

Also, who is Alex Roivas?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Princess Peach
  • Bowser
  • Donkey Kong
  • King K. Rool
  • Wario
  • Link
  • Princess Zelda
  • Ganondorf
  • Samus Aran
  • Ridley
  • Kirby w/Robobot Armor
  • Meta Knight
  • King Dedede
  • Fox McCloud
  • Pikachu
  • Mewtwo
  • Red
  • Ness
  • Captain Falcon
  • Marth
  • Ike
  • Pit
  • Captain Olimar
  • Isabelle
  • Little Mac
  • Shulk
  • Agent 1/Agent 2
  • Isaac
  • Ayumi Tachibana
  • Alex Roivas
  • Takamaru
  • Ryu
  • Ken Masters
  • Chun-Li
  • M. Bison
  • Guy and Cody
  • Mike Haggar
  • Akira Kazama
  • Mega Man
  • Zero
  • Dr. Wily
  • Leon S. Kennedy
  • Nemesis T-Type
  • Phoenix Wright
  • **** Gumshoe
  • Franziska von Karma
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Sir Arthur
  • Captain Commando
  • Nina (Breath of Fire)
  • Deis (Breath of Fire)
  • Dante
  • Regina (Dino Crisis)
  • Super Ace (1942)
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Amaterasu
  • Edward Falcon
  • Sissel (Ghost Trick)
I love how Gumshoe's first name is censored.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh, I didn't even see the last two lol.

Also, om the Agent 1/2 thing, the moveset wouldn't because it would go against their character. They have specialized weapons that they hammer into you, Callie with a Splattershot would make no sense at all.

Also, who is Alex Roivas?
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem? Nintendo's First Party Survival Horror game on the GameCube?

Also... I didn't know they had their own weapons. I only played Splatoon 1 I guess. Only ever saw them as agents in portraits at the end.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So I just found out that a certain TV show, specifically a reboot of an older show, got cancelled. I normally don't celebrate TV show cancellations, and I'm not necessarily celebrating this one... but after everything about this show and its reception, including how it handled the original IP it was rebooting and how the creators responded to any criticism they got, my own reaction to it getting cancelled can be summed up in one classic GIF...

Here's hoping that a better show takes its place, the IP ends up in better hands in the future, and that the show creators learn from their mistakes... probably not gonna happen, but it would certainly be nice.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
So I just found out that a certain TV show, specifically a reboot of an older show, got cancelled. I normally don't celebrate TV show cancellations, and I'm not necessarily celebrating this one... but after everything about this show and its reception, including how it handled the original IP it was rebooting and how the creators responded to any criticism they got, my own reaction to it getting cancelled can be summed up in one classic GIF...

Here's hoping that a better show takes its place, the IP ends up in better hands in the future, and that the show creators learn from their mistakes... probably not gonna happen, but it would certainly be nice.
Why are you being coy dog don’t be a silly snake
Now I’m just confused with no answers

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
this Persona 5/TWEWY discussion on Twitter tho...

...but more importantly idk what Ryuko is trying to do to us all us

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The coolest part about Omnimon in Digimon Cyber sleuth is that all his attack animations are note for note recreations of the movements he does in the first Digimon movie.

My cousin is the biggest thundercats fan you'll ever meet. He was so happy at Roars cancellation.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
D

Deleted member

Okay, so let me explain.

I mean of course as a European, you have different problems.

But what I am trying to say is that you have a lot of base stuff that Americans desperately need, like medicare for all, and a college that doesn't fill you with debt.
BTM did a grave mistake, and that was pissing off the most dangerous group of them all: Redditors.
Oooh boy, what did BTM do to piss off these Redditors?

Also, Reddit Moment.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finished watching The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms.

Good to know it still functions fine.

That said though, its still a classic, somewhat underrated.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He killed the (already dying) memes, which was a wholesome 0 small chungus amber heard moment
what makes the other not kill the meme? maybe it's just mob mentality because everyone was basically just bullying him for his voice. maybe he was just a guy trying to do his thing and everyone shunned him off the internet because, for some reason, they ambiguously disliked him with no proper real reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom