• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Also, Super Mario 3D World got screwed over as well in terms of content. No stage, three music tracks, one of which is a remix from a different game and another that gets repetitive too quickly and wasn’t meant to be on loop, and three spirits, only one of which you can fight.

Hisstocrat theme? NOPE. Double Cherry Pass? NOPE. World Bowser? NOPE. ****ing TIPPING STARS THEME, SON! (I know it’s not from 3D World, but the fact this song made it in above all other potential track choices for Mario is such a waste)

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Undecided if I'll go beyond the 3 games I plan for the Black Friday sales (Zelda Link's Awakening, Travis Strikes Again, and Let's Go, Eevee!)

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Bro I'm so groggy I can't see **** on my TV. Can't play anything like this.

Gonna take some sleep meds after i eat and try this sleeping thing again. You kids keep saying it's good stuff, but it's super complicated and idk how you even do it.

D

Deleted member

what did you even pick up
OIP.jpg

technically speaking, this isn't the first time I've played it, but that was years ago and I didn't really get far, so I'm giving it another chance. Pretty fun from what I've played so far.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 292603
technically speaking, this isn't the first time I've played it, but that was years ago and I didn't really get far, so I'm giving it another chance. Pretty fun from what I've played so far.
mmm never heard of that, not a fan of generic anime-looking stuff unless you got a cool catch

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Its only purpose was to clarify that Mario and Paper Mario were entirely different canons.
Which mildly contradicts established canon as Superstar saga references Paper Mario as being one of Mario's previous adventures and Thousand year door references superstar saga.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I haven't had a chance to look through all of the Black Friday sales, but if you have a passing interest in action games, Zelda, or platformers, then I'd suggest picking up Devil May Cry 3, Okami, and/or Mega Man 11, respectively. (Devil May Cry 3 is a prequel, and story isn't exactly a priority when it comes to Mega Man games)

I'd also strongly recommend Hades - while the discount isn't that steep, it's still a lot of fun. (it's a roguelike, kind of like the Binding of Isaac or Enter the Gungeon) On a somewhat related note, the Doom games are insanely cheap, with the original, Doom 2, and Doom 64 being roughly $2 each.

Not sure what to pick up, though. I see that Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, and Skyrim are on sale, but I have them on other consoles and I haven't gotten around to playing them yet. I'm tempted to pick up Monster Hunter Generations: Ultimate, but I had a bad experience with Monster Hunter Tri, and I'm not sure if this is accessible to newcomers. (or if I should just give Tri another shot)

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Reminder that if anyone here wants a good switch Pokemon game that the digimon cyber sleuth collection is currently on the black Friday sale on the eshop

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What exactly was so bad about Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam?
It’s one of the most bare bones, play it safe, disappointing loads of missed potential I’ve ever seen.

Who's even the author of Paper Mario in the Mario canon lore? I bet you ten bucks it's Toadette's fanfiction.
Spoiler alert. It’s her:
4E0A2548-D93D-4349-AC19-A445435D761A.png

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What's interesting about Paper Mario is that Mario Tennis, Golf, Kart, Luigi's Mansion, and the mainline games are all canon to it.

Heck, Paper Mario 64 and Mario Kart Super Circuit apparently happens at the same time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey Mamboo07 Mamboo07 had you ever seen The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms? I asked because I watched it today. If you didn't know Rhedosaurus was one of the two inspirations for Godzilla, the other being King Kong.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yes, I heard of that creature!
(Would fit pretty well in MonsterVerse alongside Reptilicus.)
Same. The best thing about Rhedosaurus too is Warner Bros. already owns the rights to it so no copyrights to go through.

I would certainly love to see a reboot of it set in the MonsterVerse. Could even start off as a cameo being seen in the hollow earth in Godzilla vs. Kong.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
What exactly was so bad about Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam?
The gameplay is decent enough, but everything else about the game falls flat. (Sort of a reverse Super Paper Mario, if you will).

The first three Paper Mario games and the first four Mario and Luigi games (as well as Super Mario RPG) had a huge library of unique character designs, with both friendly NPCs and enemies that were completely new to the Mario universe, and brand new world themes unseen in standard Mario games.

Paper Jam tosses that all out the window and continues Sticker Star's motto of "turn everything into NSMB". Absolutely zero unique characters (all friendly NPCs are generic Toads, all enemies are generic Goombas and Koopas), no characters that aren't in NSMB aside from the single fairy partner Starlow, and all of the worlds in the game are ripped straight from NSMB, amounting to the same bland grassland, desert, ocean, jungle, ice world, fire world, boss you see in all the Mario games of that era. You might as well call it New Super Paper Bros. Gone as well are the unique stories of the previous Mario RPGs, Paper Jam is just another back to formula game where Bowser kidnaps Peach again and Mario has to save her.

It's just possibly the most soulless, creatively bankrupt Mario games out there.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah, I saw it.

Sorry for calling you out over this.
You got nothing to apologize. In all honestly, I never should have brought up the Predator to begin with, I just wanted to clear up the misinterpretation and misunderstanding was all. I have to be careful with how I word things sometimes without coming across as accidentally offensive.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The gameplay is decent enough, but everything else about the game falls flat. (Sort of a reverse Super Paper Mario, if you will).

The first three Paper Mario games and the first four Mario and Luigi games (as well as Super Mario RPG) had a huge library of unique character designs, with both friendly NPCs and enemies that were completely new to the Mario universe, and brand new world themes unseen in standard Mario games.

Paper Jam tosses that all out the window and continues Sticker Star's motto of "turn everything into NSMB". Absolutely zero unique characters (all friendly NPCs are generic Toads, all enemies are generic Goombas and Koopas), no characters that aren't in NSMB aside from the single fairy partner Starlow, and all of the worlds in the game are ripped straight from NSMB, amounting to the same bland grassland, desert, forest, jungle, ice world, fire world, boss you see in all the Mario games of that era. You might as well call it New Super Paper Bros. Gone as well are the unique stories of the previous Mario RPGs, Paper Jam is just another back to formula game where Bowser kidnaps Peach again and Mario has to save her.

It's just possibly the most soulless, creatively bankrupt Mario games out there.
Most notable thing about that game is that it foreshadowed Color Splash.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
I made up my own Godzilla fighting game on my wiki, it's not finished and still under construction.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
hey.

any recommendations for a good drawing tablet and a headset/microphone for videos?

I don't feel very good with a mouse and wanna start more youtube stuff than just the occasional music I made in FL Studio or silly video.

I've tried searching up some stuff, but I'm not very sure. Do those cheap screenless drawing tablets feel good? I could probably get one like the Wacom One or something but idk my family ain't rich.

As for mics/headsets...I'm really not sure.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
I made up my own Godzilla fighting game on my wiki, it's not finished and still under construction.
Nice.

Keep me up to date on it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pokemon apps have been really good to me today. :starman:

Got Lusamine from a daily pull in Masters, and the Select Scout banner got me three 5* duplicates and Serena! Also hatched a shiny Grimer.
:088:

Finished the Pokemon Home research in Go and caught a shiny Gible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom