• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

One thing I like about the JoJo anime is that it has the benefit of time on its side. It covers so much manga content so quickly. The first 5 parts and the Sea of Survival half of One Piece are roughly the same length in the manga, but it takes JoJo 152 episodes to cover it all, whereas OP takes 516 :yoshi:
That seems neat, since if I end up wanting to see what happens next after finishing to watch all the animated parts I could just seemingly jump directly into the manga without having to read the parts I've already seen.

D

Deleted member

It always is kinda funny to me seeing people saying stuff such as "my first game was Super Mario Bros", "my first game was Mario Kart Wii" or "my first game was Final Fantasy VII".
Mostly because I'm probably the only person I know whose first videogame was freaking Brain Training out of all things.

Although I may have had played that game for really long, because my memory from the most part is incredible. Too incredible.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know what would be fun? A multiplayer Final Fantasy. Like… each party member is controlled by a different player.
Multiple titles have included the option for two players to control different characters in battle.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
It always is kinda funny to me seeing people saying stuff such as "my first game was Super Mario Bros", "my first game was Mario Kart Wii" or "my first game was Final Fantasy VII".
Mostly because I'm probably the only person I know whose first videogame was freaking Brain Training out of all things.

Although I may have had played that game for really long, because my memory from the most part is incredible. Too incredible.
My first was probably either Super Mario Land or Tetris, for the Gameboy. At least I assume toddler me attempted to play them at some point before I got my SNES. Otherwise I'm really not sure what the first game I played was.

First game I ever beat was Pokemon Blue

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why has Pokemon gone down the drain?
Pokémon fans will say the series has been **** since gen 3 4 5, but I honestly think all the games up to Gen 8 were fine. Really good, in some cases.

Some say XY are half baked, but I think there’s a simple flair to be enjoyed about them. Sun and Moon are some of my favorites in the series, thanks to their efforts in crafting an immersive world you want to live in. Yes, the Ultra games are redundant, yes Let’s Go is Kanto pandering to the Max. But those are external factors. I don’t think they’re bad games on their own merits.

Now SwSh seems to be the product of less than optimal development times. I have other theories too, but I won’t get into it. Point is, if the game had even an extra year, it would’ve come out better. Hell, some of the thing’s it does are flat out great as it stands.

So at least in my eyes, Pokémon hasn’t gone downhill. It’s had a misstep. Now wether they’ll correct for that misstep, we’ll see.

But you’ve also got fans who really just don’t seem satisfied no matter what, Y’know?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly this was when the fixes were genuinely good and weren't just "Game Freak bad because ****ing I dunno Steelix doesn't have Dragon Breath aligned with his mouth frame perfectly or whatever"
Tbh, while the texture quality is better, it actually looks worse given that it clashes with the environment like badly.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Wanna get weirder?
5100P7TYCGL._SX215_.jpg

This was MY first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom