• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Been considering doing another play through of BOTW. It’s been years since I beat it, but I definitely didn’t get everything, so it’s not like I wouldn’t have more to do.

Besides, I just beat Skyward Sword and I’ve got some time before the sequel drops (especially if it’s a holiday game like I suspect).

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh yeah, looks like I missed "Smash ending soon" talk while I was at work.

maxresdefault.jpg

TBH, while it's gonna be hecka bittersweet, and I'll miss the community, like...It just feels like it's time for the game to end, for me. I wanna see Nintendo focus on other projects, go in big on other games, and not have Smash always be the de-facto headturner. I wanna see some new stuff, y'know? Get those creative juices flowin'. Maybe give some DLC love to other games that need it more CAUGH-CAUGH-ANIMAL CROSSING-CAUGH-CAUGH.

Like, IDK, we've been getting Smash reveal on almost a near predictable schedule for almost 3 years now. They're just starting to lose what makes them special to me because of that, and it just feels a little "ho-hum" right now rather than a big event. It's just expected to see Smash whenever Nintendo opens their mouths, and it's gotten, well...Predictable.

There's also the fact that I just feel kinda done with Ultimate itself and am ready for it to evergreen. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be playing WoL and flubbin' with CPU fights every once and a while, but this game's online is just...It's just not good, lol. And it being good was kinda necessary to keep anyone around to actually want to regularly play with people, and especially with stuff still going on in the world, I have zero desire to find locals ATM.

Add Splatoon 3 coming up next year and I just am ready to move on. Shroob Shroob pretty much shared why the speculation part of it has just tired for me, too.

I still wanna see who CP11 is for closure, and because I spent money on them, I wanna know who I bought, lol. But yeah, my expectations ain't big: I'm thinking Pokémon, or small third party. Something along those lines.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Don't get me wrong, I'll still be playing WoL and flubbin' with CPU fights every once and a while, but this game's online is just...It's just not good, lol. And it being good was kinda necessary to keep anyone around to actually want to regularly play with people, and especially with stuff still going on in the world, I have zero desire to find locals ATM.
I’ve still got that hard mode WoL nuzlocke I wanna get done. I’ve been waiting for every character to be out.

It’s gonna be brutal :wario:

Noipoi

Howdy!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Do you mean in terms of theme songs? Cuz Knuckles’s design hasn’t changed and he’s always had white voice actors
Well, the thing about Knuckles is that his design and motif was Jamacian influenced (dreads, shoes having the flag color scheme, lived on a tropical island), and the Adventure games gave him a cool ass flow and swagger alongside his iconic raps. At the risk of sounding stereotypical, to many black fans of the franchise (such as myself), he was the black character because of the way SEGA used to carry him.

Now he's just a bumbling idiot who's barely even in the franchise at this point.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Hey Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and SneakyLink SneakyLink

Think y'all got a bot problem on your hands

Just got DM'd by a bot account trying to link me to, ah....Not for good boys and girls content. Reported it, but still wanted to raise awareness.
I got that too. I reported it.

MooMew64

Destiny 2 has taught me about the magic that is bows.

So for Splatoon 3

I WANT TO USE THAT INK BOW MAN

GIMME GIMME GIMME NINTENDOOOOO GIMME THE INK BOW I WANT IT NOW

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The wildlife of the outback are basically Pokémon already, so I hope the next region is Australia.
I think it is Australia. The DLC has an atlas that’s conveniently placed in Australia. Pretty much how in ultra sun and moon, there was map of England iirc and stuff like posters for Gmax Toxcritity

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Speaking of Pokemon. My sister knows I like Pokemon and found these snack boxes that have Pokemon on them and she bought them just to give to me. But because of how bad my teeth are, I can't actually eat the snacks themselves, so they're, like, decorations in my cupboards. Lol

MooMew64

Do Destiny fans still complain about everything and anything? I'm out of the loop
Yeah lol.

Community will swear it is the worst garbage they ever played.

While having 3,000 hours on their account and are fully planning to put in 3,000 more.

Legit, current game lead just came out and did a whole thread on Twitter about how they know PVP's been neglected for too long and they're gonna start fixing it and giving it TLC in Seasons 15, 16, and onwards, but they need to start recruiting a dedicated PVP team. Part of why it was neglected for so long apparently is because they needed to get huge parts of their engine upgraded and in some cases rewritten so they could go into the new console generation without having to make a Destiny 3. They didn't want to split the playerbase again. However, these rewrites and updates are finally done, meaning they can get back to stuff that's been on the bench for a few years.

Some people were happy.

Some were more than happy to flip out and remind them of "broken promises" and "lies". Some people are also swearing up and down they're gonna dump the game for the new Halo, lol.

Just business as usual.

I personally am fine with the game and I enjoy it. :drshrug:

Last edited:

MooMew64

obligatory super spicy Pokémon hot take:

Pokémon,[a][1][2][3] (an abbreviation for Pocket Monstershttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokémon#cite_note-5 in Japan) is a Japanese media franchise managed by The Pokémon Company, a company founded by Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures. The franchise was created by Satoshi Tajiri in 1995,[4] and is centered on fictional creatures called "Pokémon". In Pokémon, humans, known as Pokémon Trainers, catch and train Pokémon to battle other Pokémon for sport. All media works within the franchise are set in the Pokémon universe. The English slogan for the franchise is "Gotta Catch ‘Em All!".[5][6] There are currently 898 Pokémon species.[7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom