• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I can't sleep. I may not show it, but Smash Speculation really do be givin me brain damage.

I want the final character to be revealed already, but it's never going to stop me from making my new Smash game concepts. Making rosters has been one of my favorite pastimes since I found out what Smash even is, and the fact there's no Smash game to speculate on isn't going to stop me.
I kow what you're tryin' to say here.

but I don't think something giving you brain damage is like a good thing, last time I checked at least.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I was quoting a meme template. I don't actually have brain damage as far as I'm aware.
Idk about that, being a Smash Player gotta give you brain damage from getting your ass dunked by Mario Fair online.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Still sad that XBX fans might get nothin' once again.

Come on, Elma being in 2 was really cool, but there's gotta more to do with the lore & characters of X. Even if i'm admitelly not very familiar with it,
The game really needs a port or a remake thing. I haven't played it but I so want to,

Most of all it fills a niche of an open world mecha game that can rival anything. You give it some of quality of life, add some new tracks from Sawano, a Future Connected style addition, more customisation.

Really Nintendo could market it so well on the Switch and could be a million seller easily.

To add, Elma really should have been pushed more as a character for Nintendo. She along with Lucina and Min-Min for example could be seen as more known heroines. I mean she is a badass and we all know it.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
When I hear the words "Monolith Soft" I think of the game Blood instead of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The game really needs a port or a remake thing. I haven't played it but I so want to,

Most of all it fills a niche of an open world mecha game that can rival anything. You give it some of quality of life, add some new tracks from Sawano, a Future Connected style addition, more customisation.

Really Nintendo could market it so well on the Switch and could be a million seller easily.

To add, Elma really should have been pushed more as a character for Nintendo. She along with Lucina and Min-Min for example could be seen as more known heroines. I mean she is a badass and we all know it.
I want to try out XBX on my own one day too, but really, I just don't wanna see the fanbase being too divided as the series get more popular.

Sure, we can all argue which XB game is the best, but in all, you're still going to get your ass slapped by some giant gorilla with electric guitar playin' in the background.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A Sonic Direct or a Nintendo Direct. Either would be very welcome right now.

I would say a State of Play or an Inside Xbox as well but despite being some companies with amazing potential for amazing games and reveals, neither Sony nor Microsoft seems to actually want to use any of the IPs they own.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I have little to no desire to play Xenoblade Chronicles or any Xeno game. But should I?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don’t really have a whole lot to say right now, so here’s some sad Yugioh lore
1C4A4666-5E70-43AE-A57B-B37923C7CC5A.jpeg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Just when I thought movies like Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa, Cats, The Amazing Bulk, and the animated Titanic films were the worst...

I was wrong apparently.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Steve vs. Banjo wars sucked as a fan of both, especially with the stupid 4chan trolls making other Banjo-Kazooie fans hate the idea even though they or at least most of them weren’t real Steve fans (the trolls eventually started harassing Steve fans as well including making one of those salty/crying-in-anger MSPaint drawings of Steve alongside Banjo), generalizing all of us Steve fans even when there were clearly nice ones still around on Twitter and elsewhere. And there was still some trolling even after B-K got in smh.

The absolute hatred people had in reaction to either of them was petty and ridiculous as heck.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125

Just when I thought movies like Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa, Cats, The Amazing Bulk, and the animated Titanic films were the worst...

I was wrong apparently.
Welcome to our world where there's such classics like Ratatoing, What's Up, Little and Big Monsters, and the Little Panda Fighter. That's what I get from watching I Hate Everything's movie reviews.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The Steve vs. Banjo wars sucked as a fan of both, especially with the stupid 4chan trolls making other Banjo-Kazooie fans hate the idea even though they or at least most of them weren’t real Steve fans (the trolls eventually started harassing Steve fans as well including making one of those salty/crying-in-anger MSPaint drawings of Steve alongside Banjo), generalizing all of us Steve fans even when there were clearly nice ones still around on Twitter. And there was still some trolling even after B-K got in smh.
Don't forget about cursed Steve.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm that too.
well at least you’re not roleplaying as Marcy you’d be dead and sad otherwise
I mean, Steve was very safe if not outright expected due to Vergeben.
for you and SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 I’d say the safety of a character pick, unless completely out of left field like Ren-Ren/Planty/Mr. Stabby of Planters, depends on how genuinely obvious they would be regardless of them being in a rumor mill (and Steve seemed to at the least lean more into unexpected than most, especially since not everybody expected 2 Microsoft reps in the same game)
The upcoming film Free Guy has some rather interesting posters based upon iconic video games:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet
still can’t get over 20th Century no longer giving a FOX about us

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The only Xenoblade game that looks like it appeals to me is the first one. Might check out 2 if I enjoy it enough, assuming I actually play the first one eventually.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Actually same question to Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
Metal Doctor but with a Giant X is what I'd see him as.

Don't hit me Doc.

A Sonic Direct or a Nintendo Direct. Either would be very welcome right now.

I would say a State of Play or an Inside Xbox as well but despite being some companies with amazing potential for amazing games and reveals, neither Sony nor Microsoft seems to actually want to use any of the IPs they own.
Honestly the lack of as interest reveals from PlayStation and Xbox outside of like two games is why I'm trying to get myself out of it all. Nintendo is different of course.
Both have great potential but just nothing is pulling from me. God of War Ragnarok and FFXVI I'll get but that's it. A lot of other mid-tier 3rd party series are going to Switch so I can get it there. I can agree with you Snake mostly. **** PlayStation nowadays.

Most of all since Smash Bros is ending soon and my dream game of all time has been announced, released, bought and ****ing beaten it makes me just done.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Don't forget about cursed Steve.
Yeah, that’s what I meant in regards to the 4chan trolls since I think that was practically their mascot; they continued using cursed Steve to harass actual Steve fans.

To be honest, at first I thought cursed Steve was kinda funny in how he looks, but all the harassment trolls did to people and stuff just made me not like it much at all outside of Steve and Banjo teaming up to beat him up.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I take that as a yes.

Well, so long you don't mind some JRPG tropes & clunky mechanics here and there, yeah, XB1 or 2 could be a good start for ya.
Like what klunky mechanics? I've played every FF game from I-IX except VIII there's probably no klunky mechanics that compare to FFII's gameplay.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I have to admit that Cursed Steve was part of the reason I was initially against Steve before I stopped caring which characters make it in, and even then I instinctively cringed a little when he was revealed. I don't have a problem with the character anymore, especially since I've played a little bit of Minecraft with my friends since the reveal, and I'm glad Cursed Steve will likely be forgotten by time.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Doctor but with a Giant X is what I'd see him as.

Don't hit me Doc.

Honestly the lack of as interest reveals from PlayStation and Xbox outside of like two games is why I'm trying to get myself out of it all. Nintendo is different of course.
Both have great potential but just nothing is pulling from me. God of War Ragnarok and FFXVI I'll get but that's it. A lot of other mid-tier 3rd party series are going to Switch so I can get it there. I can agree with you Snake mostly. **** PlayStation nowadays.

Most of all since Smash Bros is ending soon and my dream game of all time has been announced, released, bought and ****ing beaten it makes me just done.
It's just this.
Standing Jawsum v1 gif.gif

but with a doctor coat and a X on it.

We're Kingdom Hearts now, baby.
Like what klunky mechanics? I've played every FF game from I-IX except VIII there's probably no klunky mechanics that compare to FFII's gameplay.
Nothin' about the battle system I say (beside that there is ALOT to retain and the tutorial kinda of suck), but XB2 as several moments where you need specific blades with specific abilities to progress. If you're unlucky enough and don't train yoru blades, you might get stuck for a bit.

For 1, the AI of some characters really suck, so it's sometime preferable to play them or not have them in the party if you can, but otherwise, the actual battle system of both games are quite good once you get the hang of it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really don’t think Xenoblade 3 is anywhere near finished.

They spent all that time on two, plus the DLC. They e probably been working on BOTW 2 as well.

A new game may be in development but I would not expect it anytime soon.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
It's just this.
View attachment 325789
but with a doctor coat and a X on it.

We're Kingdom Hearts now, baby.

Nothin' about the battle system I say (beside that there is ALOT to retain and the tutorial kinda of suck), but XB2 as several moments where you need specific blades with specific abilities to progress. If you're unlucky enough and don't train yoru blades, you might get stuck for a bit.

For 1, the AI of some characters really suck, so it's sometime preferable to play them or not have them in the party if you can, but otherwise, the actual battle system of both games are quite good once you get the hang of it.
Yeah, that's a turn off for me. Not being able to control your other party members sucks. A battle system with a learning curve? No thanks.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I really don’t think Xenoblade 3 is anywhere near finished.

They spent all that time on two, plus the DLC. They e probably been working on BOTW 2 as well.

A new game may be in development but I would not expect it anytime soon.
idk about that, pal.
Also Monolith as made a separate team to work on BOTW2, unlike the first one that took several members out of the main team, hence why XB2 had lots of problems here and there around the edges.
Yeah, that's a turn off for me. Not being able to control your other party members sucks. A battle system with a learning curve? No thanks.
I mean, figure all RPG with complex mechanic have a learnin' curve to them, but alright, you do you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom