• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This give me some "Batman looked for his parents, but they were still dead" vibe.
I guess it’s a Batman tradition to look for dead parents and to not do what heroes aren’t allowed to do

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Me trying to withdraw from caffeine be like:

1628525800883.png

The headaches are bad but I'm trying to cut it mostly cold turkey. Lucozade Zero can but that's it.

Also I'm loving my Ryza pfp. Just sayin.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I got Rise of the Triad on Steam, pretty fun game. But, the only way to truly experience the game is on Hard or higher.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Me trying to withdraw from caffeine be like:

View attachment 325753

The headaches are bad but I'm trying to cut it mostly cold turkey. Lucozade Zero can but that's it.

Also I'm loving my Ryza pfp. Just sayin.
I used to ooze caffeine since soda was my religion for the longest time but I've cut back on it significantly over the past couple of years. Now I'm mostly drinking water with my only caffeine fix coming from my morning cup of coffee. The withdrawal is ****ing real at first but it shouldn't take that long to overcome it if you're persistent like I was.

You've got this, mate.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I used to ooze caffeine since soda was my religion for the longest time but I've cut back on it significantly over the past couple of years. Now I'm mostly drinking water with my only caffeine fix coming from my morning cup of coffee. The withdrawal is ****ing real at first but it shouldn't take that long to overcome it if you're persistent like I was.

You've got this, mate.
Yeah, I'm trying to cut back, look after myself a bit better. Just trying to go back to having a can of Monster only on "nerd occasion" like a new game release instead of downing like three of them a day.

Feeling a bit alright now.

Also, loving the new sign pic. I should add one to mine again.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yo, Foreman Spike is gonna be in the new Mario movie.

This tells me it’s probably gonna start in Brooklyn, until the Mario Bros are transported to the Mushroom Kingdom where they then have to save the Princess. So I guess it’s an origin story.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yo, Foreman Spike is gonna be in the new Mario movie.

This tells me it’s probably gonna start in Brooklyn, until the Mario Bros are transported to the Mushroom Kingdom where they then have to save the Princess. So I guess it’s an origin story.
Im sorry, who?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Knowing Illumination, it's gotta end with a dance sequence and one of the characters has to twerk or show their ass.
My bets are that Mario's gonna accidentally spike the Foreman in the nuts and Mario'll get fired, resulting in the start of the wacky adventure after Bowser kidnaps Peach and no one but Mario can save her.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Remember how SpongeBob: Breature from the Krusty Karb was pushed by Nintendo as a Wii Launch Title and got a spotlight in that years E3 (where we got that amazing typo)? Imagine if, because of that, Nintendo forced Sakurai to go against his own rules and SpongeBob got into Brawl.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Remember how SpongeBob: Breature from the Krusty Karb was pushed by Nintendo as a Wii Launch Title and got a spotlight in that years E3 (where we got that amazing typo)? Imagine if, because of that, Nintendo forced Sakurai to go against his own rules and SpongeBob got into Brawl.
Nintendo couldn't force Sakurai to do anything because he was already a freelancer by then.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

osby

Smash Obsessed
They still published the game, so they had the final say about everything.
Sakurai previously stated that he could turn characters down because of gameplay reasons so there's no real reason he can't do the same.

I guess he can be contractually obliged to add any character Nintendo wants but I can't see them having such strict requirements when they were OK with porting Melee to Wii if Sakurai didn't want to work on a new game. They obviously respect his autonomy as a director.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo couldn't force Sakurai to do anything because he was already a freelancer by then.
Nintendo: You put SpongeBob in the game or you don't get to make it.
Sakurai: OK. Fine. I hate sequels anyway and the fans will love your rushed HD port of melee with online. Peace.

Yeah. That's probably how it would have gone.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Sakurai previously stated that he could turn characters down because of gameplay reasons so there's no real reason he can't do the same.

I guess he can be contractually obliged to add any character Nintendo wants but I can't see them having such strict requirements when they were OK with porting Melee to Wii if Sakurai didn't want to work on a new game. They obviously respect his autonomy as a director.
I either never read that interview or forgot about it. I guess it makes sense.
Still, they definitely have some say in regards to the roster. I specifically remember him saying Nintendo picked the DLC characters.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Yeah. And this honestly makes me question the whole "nintendo picked the characters" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom