• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So Lamperouge Lamperouge watched the first episode of Jahy and well............I just find it ok. Just lacks a better pull that other anime in that whole slice of life have.

Also the Crunchyroll translators are getting worse. Translation just looked pretty off and not as direct Japanese to English as it honestly should be.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So Lamperouge Lamperouge watched the first episode of Jahy and well............I just find it ok. Just lacks a better pull that other anime in that whole slice of life have.

Also the Crunchyroll translators are getting worse. Translation just looked pretty off and not as direct Japanese to English as it honestly should be.
That's cool, bro. Different strokes for different folk.

I'll be sticking with it since I think Jahy is adorable lol. That, and I heard the manga gets even better.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gonna be another great month for movies.

The Suicide Squad, Free Guy, Reminiscence, Beckett, and last but not least Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms.

Begins with one of my most anticipated movies this year and ends with what will make up for Mortal Kombat (2021).

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The real answer is Lesbian Fetishism And the fact that men are scared of men loving other men
This probably plays a part, but I don't think it's the main reason why mainstream cartoons haven't been doing it as much.

Steven Universe and The Owl House, two mainstream shows most notable for their positive LGBT+ representation, were made by queer woman for instance, and other shows have other reason to give them benefit of the doubt here.

That said, I still agree with a push for more gay men in mainstream animation.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Huh, I never realized until now that Hugh Jackman actually would play a great John Constantine.

Though Keanu Reeves still nailed that performance. Such a criminally underrated film that was.

Dutch Raikuna

So random question to you guys.

Anyone has realised to themselves that they aren't as stupid as they thought cause of the pandemic?

Like I'm slow on certain things but holy beep are their some dense and inward looking people no matter where you go and that's not even taking into politics.

Just a shower thought.

That's cool, bro. Different strokes for different folk.

I'll be sticking with it since I think Jahy is adorable lol. That, and I heard the manga gets even better.
She is adorable. I love her character design and we need more tanned/dark skinned characters in anime.

I'll wait out a few episodes first then go back to it. Really should watch something else to be fair now.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This may have been said before in a different way, but...

Welcome to August, guys.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
So random question to you guys.

Anyone has realised to themselves that they aren't as stupid as they thought cause of the pandemic?

Like I'm slow on certain things but holy beep are their some dense and inward looking people no matter where you go and that's not even taking into politics.

Just a shower thought.

She is adorable. I love her character design and we need more tanned/dark skinned characters in anime.

I'll wait out a few episodes first then go back to it. Really should watch something else to be fair now.
What the hell is “realised” I don’t know what that means.

Dutch Raikuna

You mean “realized”? I don’t know what “realised” means.
It's the same man.

Thought you were gonna make a **** joke about all that. I'm using the spelling I was taught.

It wasn’t the bed bugs that ****ed me up, but rather my genius idea to sleep outside right before a massive storm
Did want to ask you dude but how's Austria so far?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
It may be some way to spell realized in Ireland and the UK, the former the user who said "realised" is from.
It is. It’s also used for Australia and New Zealand and more. Practically the entire British Empire.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
You seriously don't know that different dialects of the same language can spell the same words differently?
If it wasn’t painfully obvious that I was joking, well, I am. Forgot to put the ****in PAC-MAN to signify it, but that’s the way it is.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
AA keeps throwing new terms at me. A character said "Like it or not, eyes are wont to flit" and "Like it or not, minds are wont to blank" and I was like what the **** is flit and dont they mean Minds want to blank?" Then I looked it up and apparently "wont to" mean "in the habit"

So basically what the character was saying was "like it or not eyes have a habit of darting around" and "like it or not mines have a habit of going blank" Im learning so much

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
In all honesty, I think it’s BS that there needs to be two different types of English.

duxx

Smash Ace
Did want to ask you dude but how's Austria so far?
It’s honestly been great so far. Nice food, nice people, nice scenery. The only thing that’s been bad so far is that my German is on the level of a first grader, but I’ve mostly been able to get around it

osby

Smash Obsessed

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Today in Smashboards: Local Canadian decides to go to war over Middle Easterner and an Irishman over countries, contienents, and dialect. Had this happen anywhere else, this would be grounds for World War III
Uh, actually, it would be World War V. It’d be so powerful, it would skip over III and IV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom