• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh, we talking about Pokemon XY?

.....it's fine. I liked Gen 6's Pokemon, and I loved Megas, but.....

That's about all I can say about it that's good. The plot felt.... completely non-existent tbh. Like, Team Flare is basically nazis and like..... well, I get why they didn't go super hard on that topic but like, the game came right off the heels of Black/White where N was a character one could realistically find common ground with, and in this game? You got Lysandre, who is TOTALLY NOT THE BAD GUY BTW, constantly messaging you, some random 10 year old, waxing poetically about really dark motives, and like

You got AZ, who's just kinda there, and they don't really 'do' anything with until the end, which, him and Floette is still a great scene mind you

And your friends who..... they exist. Remind me why they were pushing a romance between the MC and Shauna? When we're 10?

Then there's the postgame, which is just one short story beat, which feels kinda divorced from the main game, and Zygarde's just kinda... tossed in a cave and given zero significance.

Yeah....

It was just an absolute mess narratively. I legit feel like every game up to that point's evil team felt competent in their motives, but XY just didn't feel like it really 'knew' what it wanted to be. In Gen 1+2, I legit could believe Team Rocket was some organized crime ring, despite how bumbling they were, in Gen 3, I legit could buy that Team Magma/Aqua were eco-terrorists who were misguided in their actions, and in Gen 4? I legit believed that Cyrus was an nihilistic maniac bent on destruction with Team Galactic not really understanding the extent of his self-destructive goals.

I don't know if that supposed leaked XY plot outline which involved ayylmaos and Jekyl/Hyde **** was legit, but honestly, that felt way more cohesive than XY's plot.
Honestly I’m pretty confident the beta plot is real. It makes so much sense when you look at what’s in XY and how this plot would have filled the gaps. Like Sycamore and Lysandre being the same person would be wild but it makes sense when you see him immediately after you meet Sycamore and you never see them together despite their history.

Not to mention the admins being aliens makes so much sense. They literally look like beta design for the ultra recon squad.

Then next Gen we got actually Alien Pokémon.

It all makes a lot of sense and if had happened,XY would have been wild but possibly one of the best games.

Also I forgot to say this yesterday,

But XY didn’t give me Gogoat and Hawlucha, two of my favorite Pokémon ever.

The megas were also great but it sucked they they got ignored in the next Gen.

Really hoping BDSP brings them back and gives us new ones, but I think we will only see the old ones unfortunately.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
By Nintendo law:

There must always be at least one month that has absolutely nothing happening.

Count it as a blessing in disguise: All September you're gonna see every funny internet "MY DADDY WORKS AT NINTENDO I SWEAR" insiders swear on their lives there's gonna be a Direct "NEXT WEEK™".

And then when it doesn't happen they'll pull the "NINTENDO MESSED WITH US THEY CHANGED THE SCHEDULE".

And we'll do that song and dance for a whole month, while Smash fans rip each other apart as the character support tribalism kicks it up to 11.

So basically:

It'll come when it comes, tryin' to watch the cookies bake in the oven will only make 'em take longer. :nifty:
You act like patience is some sort of easy thing to maintain over a period of months.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Man. Shovel Knight and Shantae should have been in Smash. They really got gipped. An assist trophy and a Mii costume. Lame.
I mean it’s not like other western third party reps had it the best, we only now just got two of them by DLC and from the same company, but still a pretty big deal for indie representation as a whole.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Time for a pfp change from Rin to Kino. Might not look like it but Kino's Journey probably rivals Laid Back for my all time favourite anime.

Had been doing the back and forth all day to the store. Need to myself back to NEO TWEWY soon.

**** it.
My top ten anime of all time
10- Toradora
9- Bleach
8- Your lie in April
7- Asteroid in love
6- convenience store boy friends
5- K on
4- Is the order a rabbit?
3- Ten centimeters apart
2- No game no life
1- Bunny girl senpai
Interesting list. Only really watched Bunny Girl Senpai and No Game No Life. Former is amazing and very mixed about the latter.

Heard good things about a few of them. And K-On is probably at the top of my "how the **** have I not watched this anime yet" list.

Might post my...... Top 15 or so later.

Whats up y'all
The sky apparently...........or unless you're permanently one of those Handstand People.

Alright more or less. How's yourself these days my amigo?

Man. Shovel Knight and Shantae should have been in Smash. They really got gipped. An assist trophy and a Mii costume. Lame.
One as an Assist yeah I suppose. And we needed a lot of music from both.

If we still going controversial................I think half of Fighter Pass 2 really give off a "should have been in the base game roster" feel.

Sometimes I just remember this thing right here:

And I wonder out of morbid curiosity what things would be like if it was real, lol.
I can imagine playing it at a beach and then some kid thinking it's a skipping stone would throw into the sea.

Bar that, still hope that concept could come back. Maybe in like 10 years time.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sometimes I just remember this thing right here:

And I wonder out of morbid curiosity what things would be like if it was real, lol.
I mean it is real.

There were patents and leaks from the Nintendo Server for this exact model as a prototype.l awhile back.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thats like in Ok KO when Boxman and Professor Venomous apparently got married at the end of the series
Definitely gotta gives these shows credit for casually making these types of things more casual for the public to adjust to (and for Disney…well then being forced to accept it)

also, my condolences. Hopefully you and your family manages to bounce back up while also honoring their legacies (sounds/reads cheesy as heck)
You act like patience is some sort of easy thing to maintain over a period of months.
Captain America taught us how to be patient
Bruh, Hulu needs to stop with these ****ing ads.
that’s why there’s the ad free package. Peacock and HBO Max are the same way…only their ad free packs are way more pricey

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly I’m pretty confident the beta plot is real. It makes so much sense when you look at what’s in XY and how this plot would have filled the gaps. Like Sycamore and Lysandre being the same person would be wild but it makes sense when you see him immediately after you meet Sycamore and you never see them together despite their history.

Not to mention the admins being aliens makes so much sense. They literally look like beta design for the ultra recon squad.

Then next Gen we got actually Alien Pokémon.

It all makes a lot of sense and if had happened,XY would have been wild but possibly one of the best games.

Also I forgot to say this yesterday,

But XY didn’t give me Gogoat and Hawlucha, two of my favorite Pokémon ever.

The megas were also great but it sucked they they got ignored in the next Gen.

Really hoping BDSP brings them back and gives us new ones, but I think we will only see the old ones unfortunately.
Ya see, that's where I take issue with the supposed "leaked plot" because

It's simply not true

1627758513753.png

D

Deleted member

I just won my first game against a Phantom Knight deck!
A4DED76A-AF29-406F-B55D-E0CBCD41FC41.jpeg

It was really only cause Game 1, he screwed up and couldn’t go full combo. Game 2 we both bricked and I managed to play against multiple negates.

Shroob

Sup?
The Joyful is done.

It went alot faster than I expected, and I have so many thoughts about it, sooo, Shroob Shroob , if you got questions, feel free to ask, since it will help me gather my thoughts.

What I will say is that I managed to complete the entire game without using Joy once-
View attachment 324879
That's what we call skills.
😎

Too bad it doesn't affect the ending at all.

Also, here's the updated version of those two pics!
View attachment 324882
View attachment 324883
What a crazy, funny yet quite painful adventure that was.
Ayyy, grats.

Judging by your earlier post, I assume you found The Land of Hintz?

D

Deleted member

I don’t know how rare this is, but this has got to be a good box, right?
B749403F-7C00-4875-98C4-D734801A0405.jpeg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ayyy, grats.

Judging by your earlier post, I assume you found The Land of Hintz?
Yup, I basically did everything you could do, including The Joy Mask & The Green Ranger stuff.

While the overall experience was definitly less balanced than in the Painful, I say I still had a pretty good time overall. Just wish it was a bit longer, that Rando didn't go so soon in the story, and that Buddy was a bit less one note in her anger. Like after thinking alot about it, the way she act in the Joyful make alot of senseto me, buut it doesn't change the fact it make it very easy to dislike Buddy, due to her showing very emotions on her face or her body language, and unlike Brad, she doesn't get very much into weird & funny scenario that could show another side of her that isn't just "grrrrr I hate my dad & everyone else, i'm going to become hot topic"

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed playing as her & kick ass, but you can tell Austin wasn't much into Buddy character , when compared to Brad & even Rando I feel, but oh well, what is done is done.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
turns out today’s and next weeks episodes of Owl House were swapped around…hopefully Lumity, Harpy Eda, and Echo Blasting King aren’t affected by this weird swapping of episode order

also Season 2A spells out “Seek The Key”

also also Disney better bring out a full season 3 for an upgrade considering how over the show is with the public

E D I T: if the names of the next 3 episodes after these last couple release are legit, maybe it’ll end up being “Seek The Key Fea…”so idk what else would follow up, but I like having that Gravity Falls/Rick & Morty type of feeling when it comes to over analyzing a letter alone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom