• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
WE'RE ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Oh and, I got a post update coming about The Painful, for those interested, stay tuned.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
If only the Olympics were this exciting

And this is what we now call "The Eatolympics!"

Seriously though, been watching the highlights but since only BBC seems to be the one putting footage on YT that's the best you can get. Outside of Skateboarding rest has been................eh.

And cause they are like "GO TEAM GB!" the coverage turns me off.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm glad to hold Metroid games in my collection to prepare for Dread arrival soon.

If you have any, list them out. For me:
Metroid Zero Mission (GBA) Metroid 1 Remastered version by Nintendo
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition
Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS) Metroid II
Super Metroid (On the Wii U) Metroid 3
Metroid Fusion (GBA) Metroid 4
(Coming Soon) Metroid Dread Metroid 5

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the current no.5 Nickelodeon property got itself a movie trailer

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Shroob Shroob Figure I tag you for this one, since I think some of the topic i'm going to bring up might interest, so here we go:

Sooo, as you know, I got Bucket in my last session, and while I didn't plan to use him, instead keep my squad, Terry, Olan (who is a beast of damages btw, oh my lord) & Bo. Due to how hard he is to get, and the fact that he is a Joy Addict, which for the most part, suck arse unless your name is Brad or Carp, I wanted to give him a try and see if he could still do a good job, withdrawl or not. I replaced Olan with him and....

Yeah, honestly, while he was a bit behind everyone level wise, he is still pretty dang powerful, even joyless, 'cuz the thing is, like Brad, some of his skills don't really on his ATTACK stats, instead it's his SP.ATT that matter, and being Joyless doesn't affect that stat. Combined with the fact he got a skill that can make the opponent scared, that he can equip two Guns & you get the best Gun in the game by beating the Russian Roulette, and other skills he got are multihits, and I say that while it can be a absolute chore, Bucket is definitly worth it imo if you want a strong fighter on your team. (just make sure to have supports & healing items here and there, which should be easy since you get a TON of MAGS before recruiting him)

TL:DR, getting Bucket is somewhat worth it, and he isn't that badly affected by Joy, just make sure to level him up a bit if you get him late.

Speaking of Level Up, the EWC can basically break the game difficulty in half, since as long as you don't win the final match of the single league tourney, you can grind here forever for all of your teammate for big chunk of exps and recover any health/SP you lose by going into the free bed on the left that has no bad side effect whatsoever.

I decided to block access to said grind spots after getting a few level up for Bucket, due to me wanting to keep some level of challenge.

Of course, I made sure to recruit the best character in the whole series before I quitted wrestling forever:

THE SHOCKLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD

...which I won't sadly use, due to him being too powerful for this world.

Ya know whome i'm still gonna use tho?

THAT'S RIGHT, THE LORD OF HINTS, TERRY, WHO JUST UNLOCKED THE 🔥HOTTEST DANCE🔥 WHO JEEZUZ, THIS MOVE IS SO ****IN' FREAKIN POWERFUL BUT IT BE EXPECTED COMIN' FROM SUCH A SEXY BEAST, DON'T YA THINK????.....

ahem

Lastly, this one is more story related, albeit not what you might expect so I will keep it in a Spoiler Tag.

The Wally boss fight was alot easier than I thought it be. I heard he got a instant kill move at his third phases, but he never managed to pulled out. That and he never was able to inflict any statue ailement on my party. It's still a really noteworthy moment in the story due to how nightmarish it is, but it still went much faster than I expected.

Lastly, arriving to Area 3, I managed to got my hands on the Resort Island map, and gotta say, even thought there is not a single fight in here or even cutscene. It still managed to be really memorable due to how....****ed up & unnerving it is. Dismal Island also was very weird & scary at time, but it still was quite funny too. Here tho? None of that good haha stuff, just weird pacifist creatures, a horrible room with long neck Marty coming out from the TV (which make you wonder if it's a hallucination or not, considering it never goes away, and the last room with the dead scientifist & the Joy Mutant being lost in it's own head, fullfilling it's desire but now all alone & without any sense of self remaining.

This is one of the most memorable area in a game that has already lots of memorable stuff in it, so i'm glad I went here.

But yeah, that's all I got.

Hope it's fun to read. Share your opinion if you got somethin', I think i'm close to the endgame now.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last night, a voice over Discord I'm on hosted a live Q&A with Tiana Camacho (The voice of Bea in Pokemon Journeys, Mora in Ori And The Will Of The Wisps, Nessa in Pokemon Masters, etc.) I learned quite a bit, but by far the thing in that Q&A was the fact that her dog kept jumping on her and chewing things she shouldn't be chewing. :4pacman:

Dutch Raikuna

So got bored and watched the ENTIRE March of the Nations from the Olympics. Really feels so weird hearing Sorey's Theme and Song of the Ancients in there. Like it just felt so out of place.

Still...............why can't settle wars and all No Game No Life style it makes me think..............but someone would rig it somehow. That'd be a great experiment /s.

===========================================================================================

Also guys, NEO TWEWY's reviews are out:

83.........is ok I suppose. Apparently the combat system's lack of depth is the main issue there.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm glad to hold Metroid games in my collection to prepare for Dread arrival soon.

If you have any, list them out. For me:
Metroid Zero Mission (GBA) Metroid 1 Remastered version by Nintendo
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition
Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS) Metroid II
Super Metroid (On the Wii U) Metroid 3
Metroid Fusion (GBA) Metroid 4
(Coming Soon) Metroid Dread Metroid 5
Metroid (NSO)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (original cartridge)
Super Metroid (Wii VC, 3DS, NSO)
Metroid Fusion (original cartridge)
Metroid Prime (GC copy)
Metroid Zero Mission (original cartridge)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GC copy)
Metroid Prime Hunters (physical copy)
Metroid Prime Pinball (physical copy)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (physical copy)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Collector's Edition)
Metroid: Other M (physical copy)
Metroid: Samus Returns (physical copy)

...Yeah, I might enjoy this series a little bit.

I'm hoping to get a copy of Federation Force soon if I can find it for a reasonable price.

Dutch Raikuna

Metroid (NSO)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (original cartridge)
Super Metroid (Wii VC, 3DS, NSO)
Metroid Fusion (original cartridge)
Metroid Prime (GC copy)
Metroid Zero Mission (original cartridge)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GC copy)
Metroid Prime Hunters (physical copy)
Metroid Prime Pinball (physical copy)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (physical copy)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Collector's Edition)
Metroid: Other M (physical copy)
Metroid: Samus Returns (physical copy)

...Yeah, I might enjoy this series a little bit.

I'm hoping to get a copy of Federation Force soon if I can find it for a reasonable price.
......................Me only having Metroid Prime Pinball and the Hunters Demo.

1627315541439.png

Prime Hunters did scare the **** out of me though as a kid.

Dutch Raikuna

To be fair, Prime Pinball is really the only one you need. :4pacman:

Thanks for reminding me of Prime Hunters: First Hunt, though. I own that one too lol.
Funny thing is that I bought Pinball for like £1/70p straight out of boredom. Still wished I kept the full game of Hunters though. Hell Nintendo give us a remake of the multiplayer. That's what we also need.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Funny thing is that I bought Pinball for like £1/70p straight out of boredom. Still wished I kept the full game of Hunters though. Hell Nintendo give us a remake of the multiplayer. That's what we also need.
I never had a shot at the multiplayer before it was taken down, unfortunately. Would be neat to see Prime 4 bring it back with even more options though.

Honestly thought Prime 2's was fun for what it was, limited though it may be.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

I never had a shot at the multiplayer before it was taken down, unfortunately. Would be neat to see Prime 4 bring it back with even more options though.

Honestly thought Prime 2's was fun for what it was, limited though it may be.
I think there is a way too play it but only with like three characters and only bots if I recall.

Also your pfp. That still your girl from 86?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Also your pfp. That still your girl from 86?
Yep, Vladilena Milize (or Lena for short). I've been enjoying the light novels quite a bit and I'm really looking forward to the second part of the anime in October. Might switch to the male protagonist, Shin, soonish though since he's pretty cool and the primary focus for the volume I'm currently on.

And as always, I approve of that Rin pfp. She seems to be your go-to more than most.

Dutch Raikuna

Yep, Vladilena Milize (or Lena for short). I've been enjoying the light novels quite a bit and I'm really looking forward to the second part of the anime in October. Might switch to the male protagonist, Shin, soonish though since he's pretty cool and the primary focus for the volume I'm currently on.

And as always, I approve of that Rin pfp. She seems to be your go-to more than most.
Just looking at 86 and I'm definitely gonna check it out at some-point. Your influence is taking a hold on me my friend.

Pfp wise, Rin is always a safe pick. The character and anime has really been such an inspiration for me during this pandemic and you can say I'm following it now. Really hoping to get into driving lessons and eventually go out on my own adventures on one despite needing to "adult".

Some people I know think it's pretty childish I'm following inspiration from an anime character to do things...............but **** them right?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh wow

nobody seems to care much about Loud House after all

Wario Bros.