• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So that new Jahy-sama anime I'm planning to check out has an ED song sung by Hololive.

This is how they're gonna get me, isn't it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That just sounds like my own late-night TF2 experience.

Edgy teens/internet users thinking they're hilarious on mic(They're not).
TF2 jas the most polarizing communities. Like, half of them are pro-LGBT/LGBT, Furry, and/or pro-minority rights/Minority themselves, and then the other half are your average r/DankMemes users to say the least.

Shroob

Sup?
TF2 jas the most polarizing communities. Like, half of them are pro-LGBT/LGBT, Furry, and/or pro-minority rights/Minority themselves, and then the other half are your average r/DankMemes users to say the least.
Speaking of TF2

Ever watched Lazypurple's vids? Those vids are amazing.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
That just sounds like my own late-night TF2 experience.

Edgy teens/internet users thinking they're hilarious on mic(They're not).
I will say that you can mute players using a in game menu. It's next to the button to call a vote.

It also mutes a players text chat, great against bots that spam text chat.

Shroob

Sup?
I will say that you can mute players using a in game menu. It's next to the button to call a vote.

It also mutes a players text chat, great against bots that spam text chat.
Oh, trust me, I'm aware lol. Got over 2k hours in this dumb game, just, man some people.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Jimmy Timmy Power Hour > practically every other Nickelodeon crossover in history

Shroob

Sup?
In terms of team based shooters, it's pretty simplistic with a relatively small cast of characters compared to others, but I think the simplicity and how easy it is to pick up and play makes it endearing to most.

Plus it's free.
That, and because it's just 9 characters, there's no "Oh, this NEW character is coming out, now the balance is all weird!"

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Looking back at it, nobody really hated Ed or Edd. It was really Eddy that everyone had a problem with.

In fact, I'd argue the cul-de-sac actually liked Edd.
For me it wasn't "looking back at it." That was my active impression seeing the show beginning to end when it was around :yoshi:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Current verdict on FFVII:
Really, really good. I like it slightly more than FFIX now

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. 100%-ed A Hat in Time. My favorite chapters? Subcon Forest and Seal the Deal (I know it’s called Arctic Cruise but shut up Seal the Deal is a batter name). My second favorites are Alpine Skylines and Nyakuza Metro. You know what they all have in common? They stop it with the constant attempts at “humor”. And by that I mean the stuff they do is actually funny. The Snatcher and the Captain are way better attempts at humor than anything Mafia Town or Dead Bird Studios have to offer. The seal crew is just too cute and I want a plushie of them. And Alpine Skylines just lets the levels design and atmosphere speak for itself. Same for Nyakuza Metro. No cringeworthy attempts at humor. And even though they’re non-linear, that silence spoke volumes. The game really didn’t put its best foot forward.

Also, not a fan of the yarn system. Ok, I thought it was fine for the first handful of hats because I always had enough yarn to stitch it right away once I found a new type just by picking up the yarn I happened to see along the way. But then the time stop hat recquired me to DOUBLE my yarn count after having gotten every other time Piece except that one you need it to get. Meaning I had to pull up a guide and comb through each level trying to find all the yarn I missed. I’d be fine with it if the hat was entirely optional just to make certain challenges easier but it’s recquired to get 100% because of one ****ing mission and that just soured my opinion of the whole mechanic. Especially since Seal the Deal and Nyakuza Metro didn’t have yarn balls.

Overall, a good game. It took a while to click with me but eventually it did and I started to have genuine fun. Just wish those first two levels weren’t as cringe.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pokemon Unite is really distracting me from my depression. :jojo: I just got to Great 4 tonight, hopefully I'll climb into Veteran tomorrow.

I'm learning a lot from the system mechanics, I just wish my teammates could pull or that I could get a full lobby of 5 fellas consistently so we could all have a gameplan. I don't think any randoms Ranked match has a chance against an organized lobby.

Still maining my main man Mr. Mime, of course. Also tried out Venusaur, AKA the dog**** character. I do surprisingly well with him when I run Solar Beam/Sludge Bomb; my aim is pretty good.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
View attachment 323779

I asked AndreaAC AndreaAC to draw my funky caveman characters so I made a reference for em.

And now you’re gonna look at em.

Look at em.
XD Well, I needed to do some practice and warm up to hopefully start soon drawing these two...though, I think I went a LITTLE overboard...
BROS.png

"BIG BRO! Can we keep them?! PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP?"

"For the MILLIONT time Silly One: We are NOT going to keep THESE PESKY HUMANS AS PETS!"

xD It was also a GREAT excuse to draw my Ridley Bros. alongside your Cave Bros.! Your designs are always wonderful, Noi!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m really frustrated by the fact that I can’t find any information about the names of the enemies and bosses in Psycho Solldier. I can’t even find a sprite rip. Can anyone who knows how…. do that?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just emulate it lol
If you want Nintendo to keep making Metroid games, the last thing you want to do is encourage people to pirate Metroid: Dread.

Not that you can emulate physical collectibles like thr amiibo, which was the real problem (and in which case, I'd actually sooner blame the massive uptick in scalping Covid brought, but I digress).

Edit: Image didn't load so I didn't get the joke until after I typed the post.
I still stand by my point though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom