• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Huh...

If true, the question is is this a spin-off of Detective Pikachu or its own thing?
That’s a good question. There were rumors they wanted a movie based on red and blue and also a mewtwo spinoff I think it was. Also maybe one of their ideas for sequels wound up as a show here instead.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, I'm now stuck in this Japanese demo.

I don't speak the language so I don't know my objective and there are many barriers preventing me from going far.

Starting to look like this isn't the import for me.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
What causes the ability to steal in FFVII? Like, what is the factor for it to work?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
new Legos for the MCU shows that have released + What If
also it’s confirmed that Spidey is indeed Peter Parker and not Stephen Strange like people assumed. He’s called…Zombie Hunter Peter Parker

Reactions: Z25

Shroob

Sup?
Shroob Shroob Figure I tag you for this one, since I think some of the topic i'm going to bring up might interest, so here we go:

Sooo, as you know, I got Bucket in my last session, and while I didn't plan to use him, instead keep my squad, Terry, Olan (who is a beast of damages btw, oh my lord) & Bo. Due to how hard he is to get, and the fact that he is a Joy Addict, which for the most part, suck arse unless your name is Brad or Carp, I wanted to give him a try and see if he could still do a good job, withdrawl or not. I replaced Olan with him and....

Yeah, honestly, while he was a bit behind everyone level wise, he is still pretty dang powerful, even joyless, 'cuz the thing is, like Brad, some of his skills don't really on his ATTACK stats, instead it's his SP.ATT that matter, and being Joyless doesn't affect that stat. Combined with the fact he got a skill that can make the opponent scared, that he can equip two Guns & you get the best Gun in the game by beating the Russian Roulette, and other skills he got are multihits, and I say that while it can be a absolute chore, Bucket is definitly worth it imo if you want a strong fighter on your team. (just make sure to have supports & healing items here and there, which should be easy since you get a TON of MAGS before recruiting him)

TL:DR, getting Bucket is somewhat worth it, and he isn't that badly affected by Joy, just make sure to level him up a bit if you get him late.

Speaking of Level Up, the EWC can basically break the game difficulty in half, since as long as you don't win the final match of the single league tourney, you can grind here forever for all of your teammate for big chunk of exps and recover any health/SP you lose by going into the free bed on the left that has no bad side effect whatsoever.

I decided to block access to said grind spots after getting a few level up for Bucket, due to me wanting to keep some level of challenge.

Of course, I made sure to recruit the best character in the whole series before I quitted wrestling forever:

THE SHOCKLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD

...which I won't sadly use, due to him being too powerful for this world.

Ya know whome i'm still gonna use tho?

THAT'S RIGHT, THE LORD OF HINTS, TERRY, WHO JUST UNLOCKED THE 🔥HOTTEST DANCE🔥 WHO JEEZUZ, THIS MOVE IS SO ****IN' FREAKIN POWERFUL BUT IT BE EXPECTED COMIN' FROM SUCH A SEXY BEAST, DON'T YA THINK????.....

ahem

Lastly, this one is more story related, albeit not what you might expect so I will keep it in a Spoiler Tag.

The Wally boss fight was alot easier than I thought it be. I heard he got a instant kill move at his third phases, but he never managed to pulled out. That and he never was able to inflict any statue ailement on my party. It's still a really noteworthy moment in the story due to how nightmarish it is, but it still went much faster than I expected.

Lastly, arriving to Area 3, I managed to got my hands on the Resort Island map, and gotta say, even thought there is not a single fight in here or even cutscene. It still managed to be really memorable due to how....****ed up & unnerving it is. Dismal Island also was very weird & scary at time, but it still was quite funny too. Here tho? None of that good haha stuff, just weird pacifist creatures, a horrible room with long neck Marty coming out from the TV (which make you wonder if it's a hallucination or not, considering it never goes away, and the last room with the dead scientifist & the Joy Mutant being lost in it's own head, fullfilling it's desire but now all alone & without any sense of self remaining.

This is one of the most memorable area in a game that has already lots of memorable stuff in it, so i'm glad I went here.

But yeah, that's all I got.

Hope it's fun to read. Share your opinion if you got somethin', I think i'm close to the endgame now.
The end is nigh.

However

Have you found it?

The land where fish walk like men?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It’s cool to know that Peter and Bucky will be some of the few heroes to be hunting down zombies in that What If episode…but if Spidey is really going up against Scarlet Witch of all people that’s some unfair bull****

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The end is nigh.

However

Have you found it?

The land where fish walk like men?
Spoiler of course, but

Yes

Got Harvey & Carp some time ago, as well as Fly & Ollie, and the last two are impossible to get unless you get the map from the Fish Village.

Also, while I was doing research, I find it really funny that Tiger Man, considered one of the worst ally in the game, practice the same fighting style as the creator of the game himself AKA being a Wushu practitioner, if my source are correct.

Idk if that's a meta joke or somethin', but I still kinda wish Tiger Man had atleast something going for him, outside of being a hard bonus boss and that the only thing he is good at (single target high damage) can be ruined by being Joyless.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Spoiler of course, but

Yes, a long while ago.

Got Harvey & Carp some time ago, as well as Fly & Ollie, and the last two are impossible to get unless you get the map from the Fish Village.

Also, while I was doing research, I find it really funny that Tiger Man, considered one of the worst ally in the game, practice the same fighting style as the creator of the game himself AKA being a Wushu practitioner, if my source are correct.

Idk if that's a meta joke or somethin', but I still kinda wish Tiger Man had atleast something going for him, outside of being a hard bonus boss and that the only thing he is good at (single target high damage) can be ruined by being Joyless.
But yes.

The end is nigh.

I hope you're ready for what's to come.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
But yes.

The end is nigh.

I hope you're ready for what's to come.
Jokes on you, I still got Joyful after that!

And then Pointless & Hopeful!

Actually don't think I will play those two yet, but we will see.

Also,correct me if i'm wrong, but is the "but yes" meant like you forgot to wrote something before posting? 'cuz in my non-english brain, I figure that's something you say after you talked about another topic.

If i'm wrong, feel free to say it, could be me seeing weird things after all.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Nothing like a nice evening cycle to get your legs going my friends.

Managed to do a four mile loop without stopping. Now what to do...............................

If I could go back in time and change anything about Ultimate, I’d do whatever it took to get Isaac and Shovel Knight into the base game.
The first thing you'd do if you could back in time is change a game?

I mean could you make that like 100th if you could? The important things first.

Shroob

Sup?
Jokes on you, I still got Joyful after that!

And then Pointless & Hopeful!

Actually don't think I will play those two yet, but we will see.

Also,correct me if i'm wrong, but is the "but yes" meant like you forgot to wrote something before posting? 'cuz in my non-english brain, I figure that's something you say after you talked about another topic.

If i'm wrong, feel free to say it, could be me seeing weird things after all.
Nah you right.

Just

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
How does steal work in FF7?
The success rate is based on your character's level so use it on your strongest person.

To be fair, she didn't mention anything about that being the first thing she'd do if she could go back in time.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nah you right.

Just

-Muffled sound of PTSD Flashback of Olan leaving me after a camp night-
tea shaking.gif

That experience made me learn to never go to unsafe inn ever again.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's getting louder by the minute
I don't hear it actually, all I hear is the SFX that play when Brad suddenly get withdrawl.

**** jumpscared me a few time during cutscenes lol.

D

Deleted member

Giving people breaks has been a nightmare because I haven’t finished the training on one specific ride, so I have to keep moving the person operating that ride back and forth so I can actually give them breaks.

It does help the time fly by really well though. Feels like 10am was centuries ago.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nothing like a nice evening cycle to get your legs going my friends.

Managed to do a four mile loop without stopping. Now what to do...............................

Butterfly effect man. You gotta do something relatively small and inconsequential so you don’t accidentally cause the apocalypse

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lil Nas vs Amity vs America Chavez vs Harley ****ing Quinn

Dutch Raikuna

Butterfly effect man. You gotta do something relatively small and inconsequential so you don’t accidentally cause the apocalypse
How do you know? Maybe it make things worse?

Or.........................are you secretly a time traveler?

If so.............................give me the TIME MACHINE!

Dutch Raikuna

Man, that takes me back. Best era of Doctor Who.

What the heck are they doin' with that show nowadays? Feels like it fell off the face of the planet.
Ratings slumped in the last season I heard and since the new Doctor in.

BBC's original programming hasn't been great in the past few years being honest. All just cheap game and reality shows nowadays.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
There are only two things I associate with British TV:
Monty Python, Peppa Pig, and Doctor Who.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"Another Joy Mutant, huh? Bo died last time, but i'm sure we be able to avoid th-"

Joy Mutant bite Bo's Head off

"...Screw you too, game."

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's a few Olympic records getting broken/set. The first medal for the Philippines, USA's first Fencing Gold, A Brother and Sister both winning Judo for Japan. And Japan won the first Skateboarding event.

I thought that was neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom