• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well, in other news, I finally grinded for all 25 Hoenn contest ribbons on a single Pokemon. It was hell, but totally worth it... except for destroying my moveset. Gotta have to trade Swampert over to Ruby or Leaf Green now just to teach it Earthquake again.

It would be much easier if I could just level him up, but alas, can't cross level 50 because of the damn Battle Tower.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Well, in other news, I finally grinded for all 25 Hoenn contest ribbons on a single Pokemon. It was hell, but totally worth it... except for destroying my moveset. Gotta have to trade Swampert over to Ruby or Leaf Green now just to teach it Earthquake again.

It would be much easier if I could just level him up, but alas, can't cross level 50 because of the damn Battle Tower.
I thought the Battle Tower just set you to Level 50 if you were above the cap?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Richard Horvitz has basically confirmed that Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl won't have voice actors.

View attachment 324297
Aaaaaaannnnnnnd there it is.

Heck peck.

9cm2tqoesd421.jpg

Oh well, this just confirms y'all will want the PC version, 'cause you bet people will mod it in now lol.

I'm willing to forgive it either way, though: 99% was out of the devs hands, most likely Nick being cheap and not wanting to pay VAs royalties.

Still "Cheapie the Cheapskate" as ever, I see.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Aaaaaaannnnnnnd there it is.

Heck peck.

View attachment 324298

Oh well, this just confirms y'all will want the PC version, 'cause you bet people will mod it in now lol.

I'm willing to forgive it either way, though: 99% was out of the devs hands, most likely Nick being cheap and not wanting to pay VAs royalties.

Still "Cheapie the Cheapskate" as ever, I see.
At least we can't have a repeat of the Mystery Rider in Nicktoons Racing clearly having Plankton's voice.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm pretty sure Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion had a smaller budget than Nick Brawl and they had VA (including some of the originals and additional originals in the XL version)
Tbf, half of them was Tara Strong.

This isn't a joke, she voiced characters she never even played in the original series.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm pretty sure Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion had a smaller budget than Nick Brawl and they had VA (including some of the originals and additional originals in the XL version)
It even had the Coast to Coast version of Space Ghost as the announcer, didn't it?

MooMew64

Just as a point of reference: Both OG and remake versions of Battle for Bikini Bottom didn't use Mr. Krabs actual VA, nor did the original GCN release use the original actors for Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. The remake also reused a bunch, if not all of the original game's recording with no new recordings being made, to my knowledge.

Nick has been notoriously bad with this for a looooong time, lol. Sadly, nothing new.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just as a point of reference: Both OG and remake versions of Battle for Bikini Bottom didn't use Mr. Krabs actual VA, nor did the original GCN release use the original actors for Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. The remake also reused a bunch, if not all of the original game's recording with no new recordings being made, to my knowledge.

Nick has been notoriously bad with this for a looooong time, lol. Sadly, nothing new.
Actually Tim Conway did voice Barnacle Boy in Battle for Bikini Bottom.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Just found a way to soft lock FFVII. In the Corel Prison when you meet up with the group, talk to Yuffie and switch out Cait Sith for another party member when prompted. Cait Sith should get stuck and the game will soft lock.

MooMew64

Actually Tim Conway did voice Barnacle Boy in Battle for Bikini Bottom.
Oh really? I thought he didn't. Huh, well, guess you learn something new every day!

Back on the topic of All-Star Brawl, though: This obviously doesn't hurt the game too much (I'm still hyped, personally), but it does bring up concerns about how much of a budget the game is actually receiving. End of the day, I think this game will be carried hard by the devs' experience, because Slap City was made on a small budget and is still super good, so I'm not too worried.

Just...Don't expect it to look or sound anywhere near as good as Smash, lol.

It'll play better, though, 'cause online will actually work. :nifty:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just finished the main story of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX.

This is a great remake of the first PMD game. 9/10!

KillerCage

Smash Master
I got to ask:
Who here is watching "The Owl House" season 2?
If so, are you watching on the Disney channel or Disney+?
I ask this because I saw the first 5 episodes of "The Owl House" season 2 were on Disney+?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Both you and Nitrorad are rasing my curiosity in random Nicktoons games I didn't even know existed.

Maybe I'll do it for my channel.
The Nicktoons crossover games were pretty unique back in the mid 2000's.

I always found it funny how Timmy just got less and less spotlight as the series progressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom