• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Whoo from Ridley Scott himself! These are the movies he needs to stick to but stay as far away from the Alien franchise as possible at this point.

I'm a sucker for historical movies. Especially loved Gladiator.
Yeah but his last foray into the medieval-esque front was Exodus and that movie was TERRIBLE.

Shroob

Sup?
Of course bloody 'Peppa Pig would been behind dis

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
View attachment 323500

It’s dead?

But it was so good
The creator took it down in March because "It's not perfect" and has still not given an update.

In fact, the last thing they posted was this:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And then the rest of it is the dude trolling Twitter lol.

All the while, he is still collecting money for it off of Patreon.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The creator took it down in March because "It's not perfect" and has still not given an update.

In fact, the last thing they posted was this:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And then the rest of it is the dude trolling Twitter lol.

All the while, he is still collecting money for it off of Patreon.
Man, that’s scummy :224:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Guys

Pyra from the hit game Super Smash Bros Ultimate Fighter Pass 2 Challenger Pack 9 has a message

Bruh, she got those sick flips, and now this?

She truly is best gurl.
Holy **** the disrespect lol

I was gonna say "can we have a F in the chat", but honestly this video has enough F as it is.

---

I did it folks
Screen Shot 07-20-21 at 11.10 PM.PNG

Didn't do it 100% blind because, let's be honest here, YN is one of those game a guide is necessery if you want to find half of the cool stuff in it. Still, I did manage to found some stuff blind, and me knowing in advance of some didn't take anything I would have experience normally. (Beside maybe Uboa, got too lucky too quickly for it to really stand out)

I did one last event before going for the end tho, that being the Famicom Glitch, whiiiiiich quite annoingly, as a 1/3 chance to happen after you sleep.

Mind you, getting to the Famicom Dungeon take a while, since you have to access to the Mall, then the Teleport Maze, and then finally the basement. All of it can be for nothing if RNG isn't on your side. Thankfully, I only had to reset once, but trust me I wouldn't have been happy if I got really unlucky here lol.
Screen Shot 07-20-21 at 11.08 PM.PNG

That aside, it's a really cool reference to Earthbound, and it's one of the rare thing that can wake up Madetsuki, the other being FACE & falling in the Witch Event.

With that one last event though....
Screen Shot 07-20-21 at 11.11 PM.PNG

Yeah, even if I knew it in advance, seeing Madetsuki presumably commiting suicide is still really hard to watch. I say "presumably" though, because they are theories that she didn't really "die". Since two Jellyfish creature apparear in the ending for some reasons, so it could be a "dream within a dream" of sort. Whatever you believe happened, if you played this game, I think it's safe to say it's still pretty hard to watch, especially if it's your first time seeing it.

Idk what else to say, beside that i'm glad Omori finally pushed me to tried out. It's not a flawless masterpiece, but it's definitly a very important game I say, due to how much influence it had over other devs. Not just Omori & Lisa, but all the fangame it got too.

Will say too that (WARNING: BIG OMORI SPOILERS)
Being able to retry most if not all the events in the game is alot more fun compared to Omori maybe-maybe not approach with the event in Black Space and Black Space 2, like you can retry a few in 1 savefile, but if you want to retry ALL of them, you're gonna play the game all over again, which kinda sting imo)

Brief, a alright game, but a fantastic experience.

Thanks for reading all of this if you did, you're awesome. ~

D

Deleted member

Yume Nikki? Now that's a game I haven't seen in a long time. That game pretty much introduced me to RPG Maker games all those years ago.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yume Nikki? Now that's a game I haven't seen in a long time. That game pretty much introduced me to RPG Maker games all those years ago.
Must have been a great experience for ya back then, I bet.

Ngl, kinda wish I tried out sooner, buuuut it's better late than never as they say. :ultdiddy:

Also Shroob Shroob , if I may ask, what's your history with YN?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Of course bloody 'Peppa Pig would been behind dis

All according to keikaku innit bruv

D

Deleted member

I just had a really weird interaction with a guest.

A group of guests walk up to my ride, I notice one of them doesn’t have shoes, so I tell them that one person can’t ride, they get mad at me, going “but he’s just a kid though!” and ask for a manager, I call them, and then not even 5 seconds later, without saying anything else, they just up and leave.
27C2254C-0D27-4FD4-B64F-5071B9A1A276.jpeg

Like, why are you going to call for a manager, and then not stick around to actually talk to them?

D

Deleted member

Ngl, kinda wish I tried out sooner, buuuut it's better late than never as they say. :ultdiddy:
Sure was, never managed to finish Yume Nikki though. But it's thanks to that game I got to learn about others, like Ib, Witch's House and Forest of Drizzling Rain, as well as various Wolf Editor games.

But Yume Nikki always stuck with me due to being the first one for me. That and Ancient Aztec Rave Monkeys™,

D

Deleted member

I just had a really weird interaction with a guest.

A group of guests walk up to my ride, I notice one of them doesn’t have shoes, so I tell them that one person can’t ride, they get mad at me, going “but he’s just a kid though!” and ask for a manager, I call them, and then not even 5 seconds later, without saying anything else, they just up and leave.

Like, why are you going to call for a manager, and then not stick around to actually talk to them?
Maybe they got cold feet?

Shroob

Sup?

Also Shroob Shroob , if I may ask, what's your history with YN?
Yume Nikki?

It was big back in a circle of people I used to hang out with that used to love talking about Japan exclusive indie games. Stuff like Touhou, Umineko, Fate, and Yume Nikki were all big back then, which, ironically, ended up all kinda being "big" in their own right, which used to be obscure Japan-only things.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Since I now have HBO Max, I'll create a brief list of things to watch on it.
  • Adventure Time: Distant Lands
  • Close Enough
  • Infinity Train seasons 3 and 4
  • Summer Camp Island
  • Total Drama Island new seasons (when they come out)
I would've added Godzilla vs Kong, but it's not on here for some reason.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sure was, never managed to finish Yume Nikki though. But it's thanks to that game I got to learn about others, like Ib, Witch's House and Forest of Drizzling Rain, as well as various Wolf Editor games.

But Yume Nikki always stuck with me due to being the first one for me. That and Ancient Aztec Rave Monkeys™,
Out of all the weird things in YN, all the Aztec motif in it really make me wonder at one point, "OK...but why tho???".

Like there is so much of it, it's kinda of funny after a while lol. ( I take Ancient Aztec Rave Monkeysover FACE any day of the week, can say that for sure)

On that note
Yume Nikki?

It was big back in a circle of people I used to hang out with that used to love talking about Japan exclusive indie games. Stuff like Touhou, Umineko, Fate, and Yume Nikki were all big back then, which, ironically, ended up all kinda being "big" in their own right, which used to be obscure Japan-only things.
Yeah, it's crazy how such obscure japanese games have influenced so many modern games these days.

Said it before, but say it again, it kinda make me regret I wasn't "here" when the YN fanbase was growing and then it's a peak, but for what it's worth, it's not "dead" per say. Just really small and minding their own business from what I seen, and still making great fanart & the likes too.

A YN/Omori crossover would be so awesome but so heartbreaking/horrifying, man.

Shroob

Sup?
Out of all the weird things in YN, all the Aztec motif in it really make me wonder at one point, "OK...but why tho???".

Like there is so much of it, it's kinda of funny after a while lol. ( I take Ancient Aztec Rave Monkeysover FACE any day of the week, can say that for sure)

On that note

Yeah, it's crazy how such obscure japanese games have influenced so many modern games these days.

Said it before, but say it again, it kinda make me regret I wasn't "here" when the YN fanbase was growing and then it's a peak, but for what it's worth, it's not "dead" per say. Just really small and minding their own business from what I seen, and still making great fanart & the likes too.

A YN/Omori crossover would be so awesome but so heartbreaking/horrifying, man.
Like I said, IB, Witch's House, and Mad Father are all great follow up games that carry the torch of the RPG Horror genre, with Witch's House being a personal favorite.

There's also Ao Oni, which doesn't need an introduction.

Speaking of old as hell Japanese Indie games

1626818805626.png

Irisu Syndrome

The first game to "scare" me, because it broke the 4th wall, when I never knew the 4th wall was a thing.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Since I now have HBO Max, I'll create a brief list of things to watch on it.
  • Adventure Time: Distant Lands
  • Close Enough
  • Infinity Train seasons 3 and 4
  • Summer Camp Island
  • Total Drama Island new seasons (when they come out)
I would've added Godzilla vs Kong, but it's not on here for some reason.
The Blade Runner movies are on there I believe and they’re both fantastic.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Like I said, IB, Witch's House, and Mad Father are all great follow up games that carry the torch of the RPG Horror genre, with Witch's House being a personal favorite.

There's also Ao Oni, which doesn't need an introduction.

View attachment 323506

Irisu Syndrome

The first game to "scare" me, because it broke the 4th wall, when I never knew the 4th wall was a thing.
Can we have a big F for the 4th Wall?

Got broken so much over the last decades, it's mere dust now.

Also, I do know more or less the game you mentionned (mostly thanks to LP made in 2010 and so forth), haven't got a chance to try them out, but one day I may perhaps.

Though for now, Lisa is next. Not The First but you get it.

Shroob

Sup?
Can we have a big F for the 4th Wall?

Got broken so much over the last decades, it's mere dust now.

Also, I do know more or less the game you mentionned (mostly thanks to LP made in 2010 and so forth), haven't got a chance to try them out, but one day I may perhaps.

Though for now, Lisa is next. Not The First but you get it.
Bless Lisa.

I adore those game(s)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Damn, man I’ve been wanting to play Ghost of Tsushima for like 3 years now. And since the Director’s Cut was announced, and I have a PS5, I’m glad I waited but holy **** I do not want to drop that $70 that Sony is pulling. I waited on Death Stranding too so I’m glad that one’s a max of $60 for the Digital Deluxe so I guess I’ll just have to let that hold me over until Ghost’s price drops. What a bummer man.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bless Lisa.

I adore those game(s)

Ooooh yeah, baby.

It's

Time

Actually, I lied, it's bed time for me, but thank you for talking with me. Always love hearing peoples gushing about things they love.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 323506

Irisu Syndrome

Oh, Irisu Syndrome, didn't this game have a spiritual successor as well? Can't recall its name, but I do remember it was candy themed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom