• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
-Would Gir have enough material for a moveset or would he be better as part of Zim’s?
He was playable in some of the console versions of Attack of the Toybots so I'd probably say so.

Also should Ren & Stimpy be a :ultduckhunt::ultbanjokazooie: duo or separate fighters?
Most definitely a duo. That's their main schtick.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmmmmmmm….. Microsoft bought Rare. Microsoft bought Bethesda. Rare owns Killer Instinct. Bethesda owns Wolfenstein….. would it be offensive to put Mecha-Hitler in KI?
My cockiness was misplaced, I admit that.

But now I have logic on my side.

Smash will not end on a high note. And as the subreddit’s despair, I will laugh into the night.

yeah it’s rlly pretty
I honestly doubt Nintendo corporate has any real sense as to what characters are popular and which ones aren’t. And there are purely capitalistic business reasons to include crash. Which is more then you can say for a lot of the fan requested Fighters.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And there are purely capitalistic business reasons to include crash. Which is more then you can say for a lot of the fan requested Fighters.
I agree with that, but answer me this. We both know Crash would be huge and sell a lotta passes, why save him for dead last?

And don’t say so they can reveal him on an anniversary. Smash doesn’t care about anniversaries.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I agree with that, but answer me this. We both know Crash would be huge and sell a lotta passes, why save him for dead last?

And don’t say so they can reveal him on an anniversary. Smash doesn’t care about anniversaries.
Because Nintendo really doesn’t. Like. Honestly if Nintendo really cared about the order of characters then the final character would have been Min Min.

Also. Come on. You really think it’s impossible for activision to come in and say “hey, can you put crash in smash and release him in September to go with our marketing plan?”. Like. Why would Nintendo or Sakurai say no to that?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why all this pessimism? Like, pretend you’re going on logic all you want. The real reasons for all of this are just needles rampant pessimism. Get real. That’s just as dumb a reason as my overstated optimism.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Because Nintendo really doesn’t. Like. Honestly if Nintendo really cared about the order of characters then the final character would have been Min Min.

Also. Come on. You really think it’s impossible for activision to come in and say “hey, can you put crash in smash and release him in September to go with our marketing plan?”. Like. Why would Nintendo or Sakurai say no to that?
Well, we don’t know who the last guy is. If it’s ****in Barraskewda it’d make sense to have that last instead of Min Min, don’t ya think?

And Nintendo is the one who decides who gets revealed when. I don’t think Activision has a say in this.

It’s not impossible because nothing is truly impossible. But I think logically Crash is done. As well as Master Chief, Doomguy, Sora, or any other huge third parties. I think we’re looking at a first party or a low key third party.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Aang
April O'Neil
CatDog
Danny Phantom
Korra
Jenny Wakeman
Lincoln Loud
Norbert & Daggett
Patrick Star
Ren & Stimpy
Rocko
Shredder
Spongebob Squarepants
TMNT (Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, Michelangelo)
Zim

Ben Tennyson
Blossom, Buttercup & Bubbles
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Dexter
Ed, Edd n' Eddy
Finn & Jake
Grim
Mac & Bloo
Johnny Bravo
Mordecai & Rigby
Numbuh 1
Samurai Jack
Vilgax
Zak Saturday

Trying to come up with a roster for a potential Nick vs. CN.

Ideas are open.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why all this pessimism? Like, pretend you’re going on logic all you want. The real reasons for all of this are just needles rampant pessimism. Get real. That’s just as dumb a reason as my overstated optimism.
If needless pessimism is not expecting something huge because all last precedent shows we most likely aren’t getting something huge, then I’m King Debbie Downer.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, we don’t know who the last guy is. If it’s ****in Barraskewda it’d make sense to have that last instead of Min Min, don’t ya think?

And Nintendo is the one who decides who gets revealed when. I don’t think Activision has a say in this.

It’s not impossible because nothing is truly impossible. But I think logically Crash is done. As well as Master Chief, Doomguy, Sora, or any other huge third parties. I think we’re looking at a first party or a low key third party.
Oh come on. Again. This is just needless pessimism. Like, for all we know every third party studio has had a say in when each character was revealed and released. For all we know they don’t often care on either side but Activision could have asked and Nintendo would have had no reason to refuse because who are they to break another companies marketing strategy? Like. Come on. You’re jumping to just as many conclusions as me. Like. I’m not saying he’s a lock or anything. All I want is for this sense that he is 100% not coming to go away because we just don’t know!

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, Crash/Master Chief/insert popular Western third party here, is not everyone's best case scenario.

There are a lot of smaller or "shill" characters that I would take over them. A more humble final character doesn't have to be a bad thing.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Do we even know if Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl is a Smash-like game?

For all we know it could be similar to the mobile game Nickelodeon Super Brawl Universe.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Aang
April O'Neil
CatDog
Danny Phantom
Korra
Jenny Wakeman
Lincoln Loud
Norbert & Daggett
Patrick Star
Ren & Stimpy
Rocko
Shredder
Spongebob Squarepants
TMNT (Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, Michelangelo)
Zim

Ben Tennyson
Blossom, Buttercup & Bubbles
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Dexter
Ed, Edd n' Eddy
Finn & Jake
Grim
Mac & Bloo
Johnny Bravo
Mordecai & Rigby
Numbuh 1
Samurai Jack
Vilgax
Zak Saturday

Trying to come up with a roster for a potential Nick vs. CN.

Ideas are open.
Well on the CN side you gotta have Finn, Steven Universe, and Gumball.

Oh come on. Again. This is just needless pessimism. Like, for all we know every third party studio has had a say in when each character was revealed and released. For all we know they don’t often care on either side but Activision could have asked and Nintendo would have had no reason to refuse because who are they to break another companies marketing strategy? Like. Come on. You’re jumping to just as many conclusions as me. Like. I’m not saying he’s a lock or anything. All I want is for this sense that he is 100% not coming to go away because we just don’t know!
I’m just sayin bro, it doesn’t line up with the logic we’ve seen time and time again.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If needless pessimism is not expecting something huge because all last precedent shows we most likely aren’t getting something huge, then I’m King Debbie Downer.
Ok. For all you know, Nintendo and Sakurai could have thought those characters were hype and just been wrong. Like… it still baffles me that Bayonetta wasn’t hype of big. Like, HOW!?! And Incineroar was a pokémon, and Pokémon is hugely popular. So they could have thought he would have been an exciting reveal and been wrong. Same with Byleth. Fire Emnlem is growing in popularity hugely, this board is proof of that, I could easily see Nintendo thinking Byleth was hype because they don’t know anything about the fan base and their desires.

And secondly, “something has never happened before so it never will happen at all” is flawed logic because things ****ing change! Everything happened for the first time once and we live in a chaotic universe and this situation in itself has a lot of factors to it that we just don’t know because we are not in that inner circle. Like the allegory of the cave. And it’s really frustrating to hear people being pessimistic like this and assuming that they’re just being “logical” and “looking at the facts”. Like, ***** I talk to my therapist about my problems with pessimism and I know it when I see it. You’re not being logical or rational you’re just justifying your pessimism with logic and refusing to accept that you could be wrong because you don’t know everything. Like, you can accuse me of that all you want but I have never said he was a lock. I almost always just say I really want him and think he has a higher chance of getting in. Like I made an entire top 10 list with like a dozen honorable mentions of all the characters I think it could be. Again. I’m not fighting for anything other then him just being on the table.

D

Deleted member

Look, if by some miracle Sol Badguy will be the last fighter, I'll totally make him my secondary, right after Terry. Especially with the kind of music he'd come with. My body can't be ready enough for that.:mybodyisreggie:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My cockiness was misplaced, I admit that.

But now I have logic on my side.

Smash will not end on a high note. And as the subreddit’s despair, I will laugh into the night.

yeah it’s rlly pretty
And I get Allister portrayed by Casey Mongolia, so it's automatically based. :yeahboi:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
See, the reason I don’t see a big western 3rd party at this point is because of marketing.

E3 is western gaming’ so big event, yeah? So wouldn’t it make more sense to reveal a prominently western character there, if one was coming? That’s what I keep coming back to, personally.

Crash feels a lot like how Dante ended up: A character that ended up rising to prominence in speculation due to a sudden influx of requests, without taking into account how far back these characters seem to be planned out and selected. I think using Crash’s “marketing appeal” as a reason for inclusion seems misguided to me when we’ve done that with several characters now and they either all got costumed, spirited away, or interview deconfirmed with hard “no”s from the devs themselves.

I think the real continuing trend will be a pick that makes perfect sense, but got drowned out by the constant Sora, Dante, Doomguy, Chief, and Crash rhetoric. This is how it’s been going all pass, and it’s the only real thing to bank on IMHO.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok. For all you know, Nintendo and Sakurai could have thought those characters were hype and just been wrong. Like… it still baffles me that Bayonetta wasn’t hype of big. Like, HOW!?! And Incineroar was a pokémon, and Pokémon is hugely popular. So they could have thought he would have been an exciting reveal and been wrong. Same with Byleth. Fire Emnlem is growing in popularity hugely, this board is proof of that, I could easily see Nintendo thinking Byleth was hype because they don’t know anything about the fan base and their desires.

And secondly, “something has never happened before so it never will happen at all” is flawed logic because things ing change! Everything happened for the first time once and we live in a chaotic universe and this situation in itself has a lot of factors to it that we just don’t know because we are not in that inner circle. Like the allegory of the cave. And it’s really frustrating to hear people being pessimistic like this and assuming that they’re just being “logical” and “looking at the facts”. Like, * I talk to my therapist about my problems with pessimism and I know it when I see it. You’re not being logical or rational you’re just justifying your pessimism with logic and refusing to accept that you could be wrong because you don’t know everything. Like, you can accuse me of that all you want but I have never said he was a lock. I almost always just say I really want him and think he has a higher chance of getting in. Like I made an entire top 10 list with like a dozen honorable mentions of all the characters I think it could be. Again. I’m not fighting for anything other then him just being on the table.
Alright, two main points. And I hope you’re ready for this, cuz I’m gonna school you. You’re never gonna financially recover from this. It’s gonna be nuts.

You ready? No you’re not.

Alright first of all:
Nintendo is not as misguided as you think. They clearly know Pokémon and Fire Emblem are not exactly fan favorites, which is why they save em for last. The reason they always get a character is because they sell, and the reason those characters were revealed last is because they aren’t hype. Thanks to the ballot and reactions to the likes of Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo, Nintendo knows what gets the people going. The characters that would be the biggest hype bringers have already been revealed. Their names were Steve and Sephiroth.

And 2. It’s true, things change. But just because the capacity for change is always there, doesn’t mean it will come. Or that it will come in the way you think it might. If we know for a fact how the last character usually goes, I see no reason to switch up the logic because of the chance it may be different.

And like, I’m not trying to fight you man. I’m just having a discussion. Not every discussion is a beat down, I’m not trying to make you feel stupid. I’m just sharing what I think the most likely outcome is.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Truth be told though, I’m still betting on Pokémon. Funny soccer bunny time. :dkmelee:
Yeahhhh I'm betting on Cinderace too. I mentioned this in an upcoming video but I think Cinderace has a shot for two main reasons:
  • We have very little Sw/Sh content in Smash. I'll be genuinely shocked if Nintendo doesn't add more content for a new mainline Pokemon game, and the first one on a home console, at that. Pokemon sells, I'd be surprised if we don't get more Sw/Sh content.
  • They seem to go with marketable picks when it comes to choosing new Pokemon reps, which is probably why Greninja and Incineroar where picked. Those are Ash's starters, and are pretty marketable. Ash has no Galarian starters in Pokemon: Journey's, though the deuteragonist has Cinderace as his signature Pokemon.

Also, I'd love to see a Pokemon fighter handled with the love and care that the other DLC fighters have been handled with, that'd be incredible.

Is it Gex night?
Smash fighters release at 9:00 PM EST, so for folks in that timezone... yes, it'd be Gex night. :4pacman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom