• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Hello, yes, I have come to tell you that this absolute banger of a song.....
.....Is in a psychological horror game.

That is all.
FNAF has some absolute bangers like the Toreador March.

D

Deleted member

jesus ****ing christ, I just got relieved of my duties and sent to HR 15 ****ing minutes after I was supposed to leave and almost missed the bus
8012CBFA-85D1-4EAB-B796-F7BF02D8139C.png

D

Deleted member

Also, among other things I did this session of Omori......

I fought the EARTH.

The EARTH is dead.

Yeah, that happened.

At least there can be world peace now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So after going through SMT3 after knowing what I didn't know before, I got through the gate at the Ginza Underpass. And then immediately died to a boss I didn't see coming and then lost like 2 hours of progress because I also did summons and things like that.

pain.png

I don't wanna drop the game but I don't wanna go through all this.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
World’s slowest elevator be like:
Alternatively, that elevator rapidly ages canines. Wait, that gives me an idea...

SCP-5356 - "What is Updog?"

Object Class: Euclid

Description: SCP-5356 is an elevator set within a business complex named ██████ that allows entry for domesticated animals and patrons related to all personnel. Left to its own devices, the elevator functions with nothing out of the ordinary. Weight capacity is coherent with elevator guidelines, it can only ascend and descend as instructed by passengers, and no known incidents of dimensional travel occur while taking the elevator. However, a universally accepted guideline has been implemented by building staff regarding bait-and-switch humor around domestic dogs.

Passengers attending the elevator feel compelled to bait dog owners into falling for the infamous Updog joke. Numerous reports of these incidents cause passenger dogs to age rapidly, with each ascent in level decreasing their lifespan by one year. Instigators who relocate in different floors do not halt or slow down the decline in lifespan. Depending on the life expectancy of particular dog breeds, some will perish due to health complications earlier than other breeds.

However, the effects of rapid aging can be reversed if the owner stops at a floor just before the age in which their dog would perish. Taking the elevator back down would reverse the dog's aging up until whatever floor the owner chooses to step out of. On the other hand, an owner who is to remain in the elevator with their dog after partaking in the Updog will find that their dog will rot until they are bone-dry once reaching a certain threshold. At this point, the fossilization process becomes irreversible, with the victimized dog becoming ██████.

The business complex is built with its own basement that is as deep as the building is tall. Under normal circumstances, dogs do not de-age beneath surface level. Should a dog owner trigger the de-aging effects of their dogs past conception, the owner will undergo a slow state of Lycanthropy that is physiologically similar to the dog breed accompanying them.

The patron undergoing transformation then becomes SCP-5356-1. All instances of SCP-5356-1 are to be kept under close observation and prevented from ascending to the lobby level at all costs. Behavior from each instance varies, with reports of victims becoming [REDACTED] upon close encounters with certain Lycan breeds. Despite complications with age and race, the elevator continues to be operational, with business patrons accompanying dog owners to keep them from surpassing each threshold.

D

Deleted member

why are the vtubers getting trading cards
Weiss Schwarz is basically “company collaboration: the trading card game(tm)”

Like, just look at these:
76834510-585F-414A-AF9C-EAF2B9021C4F.jpeg

D6FFCE98-6C41-491D-868A-5573135502ED.jpeg

FA5359F3-0834-4F4F-BC4F-ABF31048DCF0.png

80CE5B93-3F76-4D39-87CA-B273EE765BC8.png

Bushiroad occasionally has collabs with their other games(Touken Ranbu in Vanguard is the most notable example) but 9/10 times if Bushi collabs with another company, they are going to print Weiss cards for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Alternatively, that elevator rapidly ages canines. Wait, that gives me an idea...

SCP-5356 - "What is Updog?"

Object Class: Euclid

Description: SCP-5356 is an elevator set within a business complex named ██████ that allows entry for domesticated animals and patrons related to all personnel. Left to its own devices, the elevator functions with nothing out of the ordinary. Weight capacity is coherent with elevator guidelines, it can only ascend and descend as instructed by passengers, and no known incidents of dimensional travel occur while taking the elevator. However, a universally accepted guideline has been implemented by building staff regarding bait-and-switch humor around domestic dogs.

Passengers attending the elevator feel compelled to bait dog owners into falling for the infamous Updog joke. Numerous reports of these incidents cause passenger dogs to age rapidly, with each ascent in level decreasing their lifespan by one year. Instigators who relocate in different floors do not halt or slow down the decline in lifespan. Depending on the life expectancy of particular dog breeds, some will perish due to health complications earlier than other breeds.

However, the effects of rapid aging can be reversed if the owner stops at a floor just before the age in which their dog would perish. Taking the elevator back down would reverse the dog's aging up until whatever floor the owner chooses to step out of. On the other hand, an owner who is to remain in the elevator with their dog after partaking in the Updog will find that their dog will rot until they are bone-dry once reaching a certain threshold. At this point, the fossilization process becomes irreversible, with the victimized dog becoming ██████.

The business complex is built with its own basement that is as deep as the building is tall. Under normal circumstances, dogs do not de-age beneath surface level. Should a dog owner trigger the de-aging effects of their dogs past conception, the owner will undergo a slow state of Lycanthropy that is physiologically similar to the dog breed accompanying them.

The patron undergoing transformation then becomes SCP-5356-1. All instances of SCP-5356-1 are to be kept under close observation and prevented from ascending to the lobby level at all costs. Behavior from each instance varies, with reports of victims becoming [REDACTED] upon close encounters with certain Lycan breeds. Despite complications with age and race, the elevator continues to be operational, with business patrons accompanying dog owners to keep them from surpassing each threshold.
Okay but this is actually a solid SCP entry though-

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So after going through SMT3 after knowing what I didn't know before, I got through the gate at the Ginza Underpass. And then immediately died to a boss I didn't see coming and then lost like 2 hours of progress because I also did summons and things like that.

View attachment 321757

I don't wanna drop the game but I don't wanna go through all this.
Classic Matador. (at least I assume that's who you're referring to)

You got the ice Magatama named Wadatsumi from beating the first boss (Forneus), so equip that and learn skills from it - it gives you Fog Breath (an ability that massively lowers enemy accuracy/evasion) once you reach level 21, which is a huge help both with the Matador boss fight and in general. (I had Fog Breath in my main character's skill list throughout the entire game) This fight is seemingly designed to teach you the importance of boosting your stats and decreasing the opponent's stats.

Also, look into skills that increase your team's accuracy/evasion and defense power. They should end with -kaja - you might have demons with those skills on your team, or you might be able to fuse them. (unfortunately, you don't unlock the compendium, which lets you summons specific demons that you've found for a fee, until after that fight) If all else fails, you can set the difficulty to Merciful for that fight, but boosting your stats and decreasing your enemies' stats is a skill that you'll need throughout the whole game, so it's best to get used to doing that.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You got the ice Magatama named Wadatsumi from beating the first boss (Forneus), so equip that and learn skills from it - it gives you Fog Breath (an ability that massively lowers enemy accuracy/evasion) once you reach level 21, which is a huge help both with the Matador boss fight and in general. (I had Fog Breath in my main character's skill list throughout the entire game) This fight is seemingly designed to teach you the importance of boosting your stats and decreasing the opponent's stats.
You gotta be Level 21???????????????? No wonder I've been getting my ass beat.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I beat Metroid Zero Mission, which means that I've beaten some version of all of the "main" Metroid games. (Zero Mission and Fusion on the Wii U, Samus Returns on the 3DS, and Super Metroid on the Wii) It took me 3 hours and 41 minutes (going by the in-game timer, at least - less than I was expecting, though I suppose it is a remake of an NES game), and I got 61% of the items.

I love being able to sit down with a solid Metroidvania game - they're short enough that the time flies by, but long enough that it feels like I'm getting my money's worth, and there's a real sense of progression as the character gains new abilities and becomes able to overcome obstacles that they couldn't get through before.
I pre-ordered Dread so I probably am gonna marathon the Metroid series once I have the money.

Shroob

Sup?
You gotta be Level 21???????????????? No wonder I've been getting my ass beat.
Yeah, Nocturne is hard, and I mean hard, lol. It's not a game you breeze through on a leisurely stroll, it's one that'll beat you til you're on the ground and then kick your teeth in.

The trade off, is when you overcome that difficulty, there's very little that can stand up to you and you become a god compared to everything else.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yeah, Nocturne is hard, and I mean hard, lol. It's not a game you breeze through on a leisurely stroll, it's one that'll beat you til you're on the ground and then kick your teeth in.

The trade off, is when you overcome that difficulty, there's very little that can stand up to you and you become a god compared to everything else.
To this day, I still stand by the notion that Debilitate completely skews the game in your favor, lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
You joke but I've actually heard that game can be pretty fun, especially with others. It just had to be revealed during a rather unfortunate period of time where the last Metroid game was released back in 2010, and said game was, well, Other M...so yeah.
I’ll never understand why Nintendo didn’t choose to reveal Samus Returns at the same time. At least a teaser.

They had to know FF being the first Metroid game in years wouldn’t go over well.

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Haunting moments taken before disaster.

You know seeing Min Min And Pit in that field really makes me wish Ultimate got a story mode separate from World Of Light that's more like Subspace Emmisary.

World Of Light Could have used more cutscenes where the characters interact with one another instead of just fighting one another.

Hopefully If Sakurai decides to make a port of Smash Ultimate (That would be much easier than making a new Smash game).

He throws in a story mode where it's like Subspace where you have a ton of cool cutscenes to watch with cute character interaction.

Along with more voice acting or having some characters speak in message boxes like some do in their own games.

Feel free to either agree or disagree with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom