• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Man I’m so bitter.
I do understand how you feel, 3D era characters have been noticeably neglected in NRS games in favor of the trilogy era, outside of MKX. This game in particular heavily leaned towards the trilogy era with only 2 3D era characters. While I can't say I particularly mind since the trilogy era and MK9 are what got me into MK and I'll always love the ninjas, I do also acknowledge that there is a big portion of the franchise that NRS hasn't given a fair shake. I'm personally happy but I get it if you're not.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just saw that Rambo is joining Mortal Kombat (along with Rain and Mileena), which is pretty crazy. Not sure how well he'll fit, but now we can get Stallone and Schwarzenegger's biggest roles (well, for Stallone, I'm sure you can argue between Rambo and Rocky) duking it out. (Even if the Terminator isn't voiced by Arnold).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Honestly just replace Mileena with any other MK character and the kombat pack is great tbh.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I asked this question before, but if anyone here played DMC3:SE before, do you got any tips when it come to playable Vergil?

Small or big, anything is welcome if it mean having more fun in the long run.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why do you have to hate every single thing?
I don’t.
I do understand how you feel, 3D era characters have been noticeably neglected in NRS games in favor of the trilogy era, outside of MKX. This game in particular heavily leaned towards the trilogy era with only 2 3D era characters. While I can't say I particularly mind since the trilogy era and MK9 are what got me into MK and I'll always love the ninjas, I do also acknowledge that there is a big portion of the franchise that NRS hasn't given a fair shake. I'm personally happy but I get it if you're not.
There’s just so many that I think need revitalized and reintroduced! Ashrah and Havik are at the top, along with Onaga. But I’m also partial to Kobra and Kira. And even with the Trilogy characters there’s still Sektor and Stryker. We just have enough Ninjas! We need more variety!

Most fighting games have that list of staple characters that come to every title. I get that. But it’s usually only like... 5 of them. Max. But MK has enough “staple” characters to take up half the roster! We have to leave some behind or else it’s gonna get boring after a while.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Anyways, I know its been a while since he had already departed Capcom, but what are your thoughts on Yoshinori Ono?
i think that although ono does deserve a ton of respect for pretty much reviving street fighter and by proxy 2D fighting games in general, after stuff like what happened with base sfv it was time someone else took over and i'm really excited to see what the new guys are bringing to the table, especially considering that they not only added dan, a character who, although he doesn't fit with sfv's focus on e-sports, still has a huge fan following so they added him in anyway which is great because it means they've finally realized they have an audience they can appeal to beyond the e-sports crowd, but then they also added AKIRA ****IN' KAZAMA, a character (from a neglected ip at that) who people have been screaming and begging to appear in ANY sort of capcom fighting game for about a decade now. imo, the future's looking bright for capcom fighting games

dezeray112

Smash Hero
i think that although ono does deserve a ton of respect for pretty much reviving street fighter and by proxy 2D fighting games in general, after stuff like what happened with base sfv it was time someone else took over and i'm really excited to see what the new guys are bringing to the table, especially considering that they not only added dan, a character who, although he doesn't fit with sfv's focus on e-sports, still has a huge fan following so they added him in anyway which is great because it means they've finally realized they have an audience they can appeal to beyond the e-sports crowd, but then they also added AKIRA ****IN' KAZAMA, a character (from a neglected ip at that) who people have been screaming and begging to appear in ANY sort of capcom fighting game for about a decade now. imo, the future's looking bright for capcom fighting games
Whilst Ono did do a few mishaps, I do agree that he did revive the Street Fighter franchise and fighting games in general. I too am excited to see what the new team can bring in to the for the future of Capcom's fighting game division as they do need a new direction and perhaps they could revive dormant fighting game franchises such as Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Power Stone etc. with a long awaited sequel.

With Dan, Rose, Oro and Rival School's Akira Kazama revealed, it does make me wonder who the fifth and final character of the pass is going to be.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Whilst Ono did do a few mishaps, I do agree that he did revive the Street Fighter franchise and fighting games in general. I too am excited to see what the new team can bring in to the for the future of Capcom's fighting game division as they do need a new direction and perhaps they could revive dormant fighting game franchises such as Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Power Stone etc. with a long awaited sequel.

With Dan, Rose, Oro and Rival School's Akira Kazama revealed, it does make me wonder who the fifth and final character of the pass is going to be.
I’m hoping for Street Fighter’s first ever non-Capcom third party guest character. They could bring back a Tekken character from the crossover or an SNK character, but I’d love to see them do something weird and exciting. Like Tifa from FFVII or Pepsiman. Or maybe even MK’s Scorpion (I know it would never happen but also it might).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm quite glad to see Mileena back. She's my favorite of the MK girls. Really unique character overall.

I would like to see more of the 3D era characters too. I also like Rain a lot. Overall, I'd love to see everyone back. I do miss Havik. He's a crazy cool character and full of Khaos.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What if someone tries to rig the system?

Thus there'd be an imposter trying to ensure they stay on the ship.
if someone rigs the system, then we just guess and vote someone off
Bet. I aint the imposter, I was in electrical
I was locked up in Navigation. Having thoughts either @JDCabrera or SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 are the imposters
RAIN LOOKS SO GOOD AAAAAAAAAAA I'M SO HAPPY
Mileena...oh my...looking god woman

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
if someone rigs the system, then we just guess and vote someone off

I was locked up in Navigation. Having thoughts either @JDCabrera or SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 are the imposters

Mileena...oh my...looking god woman
You know it's not me because I'm ******** about Mileena being added to MK. That is the most in character thing for me to do.

D

Deleted member

Can't believe it's been a whole week since Steve got into Smash...

It feels unreal.
It’s already been a week? Man these past few days have gone by pretty quickly.

now where’s FP8 nintendo

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Can't believe it's been a whole week since Steve got into Smash...

It feels unreal.
This is the same game with the DQ8 Hero, Ridley, Joker from Persona 5, Solid Snake, Cloud, Sans, Cuphead and Vault Boy also being playable.

Truly the most ambitious crossover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom