• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Same approach to drawing anything...look for the bigger shapes before applying any details to it. Adjust those shapes by their size and positioning to ensure you have the proper proportions in place before you start to commit to the drawing, using light strokes that are easy to adjust and fix if mistakes are made; observe the relationships between different parts and the angles of how things connect to eachother, then you can start working in the smaller shapes until you start working in the finer details. Don't worry about the details like patterns and feathers until later in the process.

Understanding the basic anatomy of what you're drawing helps as well.
I know that. It's moreso that birbs in particular seem to just.. be really hard to make look.. yknow like birds. It's the wings usually that look off.

Granted drawing anthro birds vs regular birds are entirely two different things so that might be where the problem lies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah, the hoodie costume would have potential with how Ultimate Mii customization has been expanded.
Yeah, I’d have two versions of my personal Mii, my current fancy one with the top hat and butler outfit and a casual one with a green hoodie and the Team Rocket cap

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Finished Super Mario 64.

Overall still a great game. The courses I enjoyed the most were probably Tiny-Huge Island (for the gimmick) and Wet Dry Land (aesthetically). The courses I hated the most was Tick Tock Clock (because of the nature of it) and Rainbow Ride (which felt like a pretty **** course in general). The controls were sometimes wonky and the camera definitely disagreed with me countless times, but it's a product of the time.

Some of my favorite Stars were the boss fights like the Guardians of the Pyramid and Wiggler. Wish each course had some type of unique boss but beggars can't be choosers. The worst Stars though are the 100 coins for some places like Tick Tock Clock, Rainbow Ride, and Hazy Maze Cave.

The platforming was alright, but I've had a few issues trying to platform and sometimes the screen would glitch out as it isnt sure whether to throw Mario off or keep him on when I try to fight it to keep him off the edge.

The Bowser levels were great and the fights, while easy, were pretty fun.

I give it a good 7/10 game, it's just dated. Back in the '90s this is an easy 9 or 10, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly might start playing Wizard101 again once Karamelle drops
Need to do everything else though lol

KillerCage

Smash Master
Finished Super Mario 64.

Overall still a great game. The courses I enjoyed the most were probably Tiny-Huge Island (for the gimmick) and Wet Dry Land (aesthetically). The courses I hated the most was Tick Tock Clock (because of the nature of it) and Rainbow Ride (which felt like a pretty **** course in general). The controls were sometimes wonky and the camera definitely disagreed with me countless times, but it's a product of the time.

Some of my favorite Stars were the boss fights like the Guardians of the Pyramid and Wiggler. Wish each course had some type of unique boss but beggars can't be choosers. The worst Stars though are the 100 coins for some places like Tick Tock Clock, Rainbow Ride, and Hazy Maze Cave.

The platforming was alright, but I've had a few issues trying to platform and sometimes the screen would glitch out as it isnt sure whether to throw Mario off or keep him on when I try to fight it to keep him off the edge.

The Bowser levels were great and the fights, while easy, were pretty fun.

I give it a good 7/10 game, it's just dated. Back in the '90s this is an easy 9 or 10, though.
How does 64 compare to Sunshine and Galaxy?

D

Deleted member

Wizard 101 is still getting Updates!!?!!?
Yes. They teased Karamalle a few months ago. It's the start of Arc 4, which we know nothing(quite literally) about.

They're have been a few npc leaks too... not gonna say anything more on that because the npcs themselves contain some pretty big spoilers. Although it seems pretty obvious to me that Karamelle city and Granny... aren't exactly the lovable old grandma the game has portrayed them as(even the starting quest line leading to karamelle just screams sus)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Yes. They teased Karamalle a few months ago. It's the start of Arc 4, which we know nothing(quite literally) about.

They're have been a few npc leaks too... not gonna say anything more on that because the npcs themselves contain some pretty big spoilers. Although it seems pretty obvious to me that Karamelle city and Granny... aren't exactly the lovable old grandma the game has portrayed them as(even the starting quest line leading to karamelle just screams sus)
Damn... I stopped playing when Celestia was new because the paywalls got a bit obnoxious. Oh god that was 10 years ago.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

Damn... I stopped playing when Celestia was new because the paywalls got a bit obnoxious. Oh god that was 10 years ago.
Celestia is Arc 2, so you have alot of catching up to do :p
but honestly if nothing else I highly recommend watching some gameplay of Arc 3(starts with Polaris, ends with Empyrea part 2)
The overarching plot of Arc 3 is honestly really really good. For an MMO anyway. Nothing amazing or emotional, but it's certainly not your average cliche story either. Empyrea in particular is such an amazing world to explore and the way the story progresses is really fun.

D

Deleted member

feels weird to think that I've played like... 5 different mmo's in the past 2-3 months lol

Card game guy? What about the MMO guy? lol :p

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
feels weird to think that I've played like... 5 different mmo's in the past 2-3 months lol

Card game guy? What about the MMO guy? lol :p
Not typically an MMO guy myself but I've been pretty focused on Destiny 2 these past 2 months. Been a ton of fun: It's a lot of grinding, but that's kind of the point with shoot'n-loot games, lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've completed a whole level more than I did as a child...and I'm only heading towards the 3rd one.

Honored to finally be able to fully play Sunshine

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My biggest pipedream for a Mega Man Battle network legacy collection is for capcom to include operation star force on there as one of the games.
Capcom525.jpg

For those that don't know operation star force is a remaster of the first Battle network game released on the DS around 2010 or so. It made some gameplay and story tweaks to make things more consistent with Battle network 2 and onwards as well as changing the Elecman dungeon which was borderline unplayable in the GBA release of the game.

And as the name implies they added a new chapter where a navi from the star force era rebels against it's creators and travels to the past to cause mischief. So Geo travels back in time to stop him from hurting people in the Battle network era and save Sonia who was kidnapped by the villain and while in the past the two RPG Megamen team up.

This game never left Japan.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah, I dunno how likely a Metal Slug fighter is at this point for Ultimate, but Marco (with Fio, Eri, and Tarma alts) is one of the characters I'd most like to see join the next Smash game.
The main thing Metal Slug has going for it is similar to what Minecraft had when Banjo-Kazooie dropped: Minecraft had no Mii Costumes, while Metal Slug didn't have that nor any spirits/cameos in a bundle that's meant to celebrate all of SNK. Granted, it did have music, but it's kind of odd that one of SNK's bigger franchises would only have that for representation.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I know that. It's moreso that birbs in particular seem to just.. be really hard to make look.. yknow like birds. It's the wings usually that look off.

Granted drawing anthro birds vs regular birds are entirely two different things so that might be where the problem lies.
Reference. Reference, reference, reference, reference.

Reference
reference

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can not stress it enough. BUY CRASH 4! This game is hard and I like it! I, SNAKEFIGHTER64, am having a blast with a BRUTALLY DIFFICULT GAME. If that’s not a badge of quality I don’t know what it.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Summary of events right now:
View attachment 288770
Snake is pretty sus.
:p
I really think the biggest aspect of it is despite dying multiple times, I haven’t game overed ONCE. Because this game lets you play without lives! But heck, even in moments where I have to restart the level from the very beginning I still have a blast so that can’t be too much of a factor. The game is just really really good!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well I've barely slept and my sickness is "stagnating" just feeling low but no main symptoms but it's effecting my sleep.

Did try the Pikmin 3 demo. Pretty fun.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Welp, finished DMC3.

Gotta say, while there's lots I can say about this game, the fact the final Vergil battle only took my 3 try, while Vergil 2 took me much more while Vergil 1 took me EVEN more try, is a beautiful way to show how better I got at the game aswell as integrating story & gameplay in one perfect soup.

Not sure what I do next, really tempted to try out Vergil & maybe Hard mode, but it depend on my plans, schedules & me not being lazy haha.

All to say is, Devil May Cry rock and I officialy became a believe in the Church of Royal Guard. ('cuz geez, lvl3 Release DESTROYED the amount of HP Vergil had left, thank god I sticked with this style)

EDIT: Also, I didn't kill all 100 enemy in the credit, only 98, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

my computer keeps on randomly crashing while I've been spending time on drawing some actual serious art and I keep on losing all of my goddamn progress because of it ahhhhhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom