• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
thinking on all the sleepless nights because it was too hot to sleep... bleh

cold gets an easyyyy win
Its right now the same with me i write this at 4 am!

Anyways i wanted ti wait till tommorow (you know what i mean)
But yeah

I made a Mistake

I thought Autism was more common in Boys which is probably not true!
I just was pretty badly informed about autism in General which to be fair isnt my fault!
Still im sorry? Sorta i mean i feel Sorry and Am sorry and feel bad although its one of those situations where its weird because i had no real ill wil so i dunno
Does that mean that autistic Woman have it as hard as man? No Maybe they have it both Harder and easier im thinking atleast in the last 10 years they had it (edit: Most likely) easier (also edit: On average) mostly because of all the weird Political biz but normally they probably have it harder (depends on how diffrent Female Autisim is)

Also ABA first time i heard of it and oh my god it made me sick and angry for like 10 Minutes straight!
Im so so Sorry for everyone that had to deal with this Sick ****! I mean it sounds so bad that im not sure if more or less than fifty % ABA autists had it worse Than me (because i may have PTSD too although im not sure) Just to make sure my life was really terrible at times so believe me im not undermining ABA at all and again im Super Super Super Sory for every Victim of it Shudder! i even feel bad for realizing through this that i should drop my mask more when im Outside (to be fair its a relativly thin one)

Does this mean my (i dont think theyre Political more logic based) opinions Magicly become more Normal No But i did decide to not bring up anything Else I ranted / thought About because it would just Distract!

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
two wrongs don’t make a right, yknow.
1. Killing a guy because you're distractedly driving a big rig and trapping them on a bridge with no escape is a whole lot worse than a flat tire.

2. I wasn't 21 yet, so I couldn't have a CCP.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
For real, lemme block YT channels.

I could think of several.
Yep i 100% agree also an Option to disable Thumbnails would be great!
Also also An option if some direct is happening to mark it and if im to late its the only thing on the starting Page!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
True... but the Season 3 intro shows a glimmer of hope.
Regardless why do I have a feeling things are gonna get darker in Season 3?
with a literal kid being stabbed in the heart, the show kinda has no choice but to continue down the dark yet hopeful path to the ending. Tho I kinda want Marcy to pull a Winter Soldier

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Look up Sonic content
Find 30 thousand "Sonic bad give likes" videos you have no interest in
Can't block
Now YouTube keeps shoving them to your dash because "ya like blue hedgehog?"
Pain
Saaaaaame.

I’m subbed to Peter Knetter and some of the Sonic modding channels like Sonic Central, so I’ll get those “SONIC OPINION TOTALLY NOT CLICKBAIT” vids every once in a while and I’m like “Dude IDC that the new Sonic game destroyed your marriage or whatever, I just wanted to see this cool Chao Garden mod.”

Then there’s the joys of liking anything remotely anime and the…Special thumbnails you’ll get because of that.

It's gonna be DJ Octavio ft. Marina who went back to the Octarian Army as she needed their help to restore order to Inkopolis as Pearl ruined it.
I mean, yes, but I still wanna see it for myself and pretend to be surprised.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
How about a game that you play in reverse meaning you level down the game beginns with an pic battle and ends by walking to your bed and sleeping in it!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
my YouTube recommendations get kinda…thirsty or meme…makes a piece of sense since the last changes came from watching Drake Bell videos out of sadness and spamming the hell out of the iCarly theme

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Look up Sonic content
Can't block
Pain
Same reason I can't get into RWBY, really. I've heard a lot of good things about it, but it has such a massive, vocal hivemind of a hatedom that my recommended would be flooded with "What went wrong?" videos and the like.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Look up Sonic content
Can't block
Pain
IMG_20210626_064917.jpg

The saddest part is people build their identity around hating on things which is just a huge red flag as to who they are.

The way they behave, you'd think their entire family had been killed by whatever it is they're going on a mindless tantrum about. But no, they just really hate the thing you like for really stupid and ridiculous reasons. Bonus points if at least half of their channel is a variety of "Here's why XYZ things suck" video essays or a bazillion short clickbait videos grasping at every little thing that happens and trying to make them sound bad.

People really gotta go and actually enjoy themselves for once instead of trying to drag others down.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Same reason I can't get into RWBY, really. I've heard a lot of good things about it, but it has such a massive, vocal hivemind of a hatedom that my recommended would be flooded with "What went wrong?" videos and the like.
I personally disagree with the common criticisms towards RWBY, so yeah, I do find those recommendations annoying. I don't bother with them since I find that most of the complaints are usually just people blowing minor issues (some of which other fans don't find to be issues in the first place) out of proportion.

The most criticism about the show I agree with is towards Volume 5, as well as how a certain villain has been written for a long period of time, now. It's not enough to really change my opinion on the show as a whole.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
How about a game that you play in reverse, meaning that you level down as you advance, the game begins with an epic battle, and the game ends with you walking to your bed and sleeping in it!
(I changed a few things under the assumption of what you meant.)

That would be amusing. On a related note, one idea I had was that of deliberately losing the game as an objective! You have to get as close as you can to winning each stage... without actually winning! The player plays as the antagonist.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Will say that the ability to ""block"" videos & not recommend channel on Youtube, even if it doesn't 100% work and some channel will come back on your feeds after some time, is a blessing on the moment.

'cuz maaaaaaaaaaaan, I don't want to know that X or Y ****ing suck when I just watched something really funny or well made in general.

Just make me grumpy afterward, a grumpy shark to be precise.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I have nothing of substance to add to this conversation.
But in the MEMEtime...
FB_IMG_1624694966281.jpg

Starry.

No Life Princess
View attachment 320655

The saddest part is people build their identity around hating on things which is just a huge red flag as to who they are.

The way they behave, you'd think their entire family had been killed by whatever it is they're going on a mindless tantrum about. But no, they just really hate the thing you like for really stupid and ridiculous reasons. Bonus points if at least half of their channel is a variety of "Here's why XYZ things suck" video essays or a bazillion short clickbait videos grasping at every little thing that happens and trying to make them sound bad.

People really gotta go and actually enjoy themselves for once instead of trying to drag others down.
I feel like a lot of the people, that go out of their way to hate things, haven't even given what they are hating on a fair try. I think sometimes people just hate things because they've seen lots of other people praise or reference a thing.

Kind of a shame because if they actually gave things a chance they might like them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If there’s any channel I would want to block on youtube, it’s the channels that post gruesome videos of animals dying that pop up whenever I watch wholesome pet videos.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You got games on your phone?
View attachment 320640

I feel like a lot of the people that go out of their way to hate things haven't even given what they are hating on a fair try. I think sometimes people just hate things because they've seen lots of other people praise or reference a thing.

Kind of a shame because if they actually gave things a chance they might like them.
A big part of it is that a lot of people think being overly critical makes you inherently smarter or less biased than praising something.

Blind fanboys are a thing and this is a sort of counter culture that is created from their existence.

Another part of it is that... well negative stuff sells. Just look at news reports. Tragedies and negative articles get way more traffic than good ones.

Maybe we're just wired that way? I don't know, but I'm sick of people hating everything nowadays. I dislike a lot of things myself, but I try to keep them to myself.

1. Killing a guy because you're distractedly driving a big rig and trapping them on a bridge with no escape is a whole lot worse than a flat tire.
No one is defending Dumb Driver Dennis. But others are saying that you doing something illegal makes the situation so much worse. Here, I'll use an example from the third graders I just got done teaching.

Kiddo A doesn't like Kiddo B and called them "stupid." Well that's not nice. Teacher needs to deal with that. I hope its reported to authorities so it can be-

Well darn, Kiddo B threw a punch at Kiddo A. Wow, this situation is getting worse. I hope it stops the-

Now both kiddos are on the ground attempting to choke each other. This sucks.

The issue isn't that one bad thing is inherently worse than another. The issue is that responding to a bad thing, with more bad things escalates the situation instead of deescalating it.

Like, think about it, if you had shot the tire, that's jailtime at a minimum. But that's ignoring the fact that you would have shot at someone. They now have the right to attack you in self defense. You may say, well I was only aiming for the tire, but how is anyone else supposed to know that in the moment? You have a gun. You fired at their car. The whole situation would have ended badly.

That said, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were just venting out frustrations. We all do that to an extent. But just in case you were seriously considering something like that.

DON'T.

I could certainly go without Youtube recommending me another 2 hour long unbiased essay on why some of my favorite shows are the worst things to happen to the planet.
They're fun on occasion but like... they don't convince anyone of anything.

If you're gonna watch a two hour essay on why something sucks, then you probably agreed with that sentiment to begin with.

Look up Sonic content
Can't block
Pain
I would like to look up Pokemon Sword and Shield videos without another essay on why it sucks, please.

If there’s any channel I would want to block on youtube, it’s the channels that post gruesome videos of animals dying that pop up whenever I watch wholesome pet videos.
Report that. Unless its a nature documentary with predator and prey interactions, that is against the law.

And whew. I responded to.... a lot of people.

In other news, I completed the Photodex in New Pokemon Snap.

It took forever and some of those photos are cryptic as ****. Like absurdly so. I needed a guide for a lot of these.

But there's so much detail to this game. I kind of wish I could just stop the vehicle to admire it all sometimes.

8.5/10 Really liked it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
A big part of it is that a lot of people think being overly critical makes you inherently smarter or less biased than praising something.

Blind fanboys are a thing and this is a sort of counter culture that is created from their existence.

Another part of it is that... well negative stuff sells. Just look at news reports. Tragedies and negative articles get way more traffic than good ones.

Maybe we're just wired that way? I don't know, but I'm sick of people hating everything nowadays. I dislike a lot of things myself, but I try to keep them to myself.

No one is defending Dumb Driver Dennis. But others are saying that you doing something illegal makes the situation so much worse. Here, I'll use an example from the third graders I just got done teaching.

Kiddo A doesn't like Kiddo B and called them "stupid." Well that's not nice. Teacher needs to deal with that. I hope its reported to authorities so it can be-

Well darn, Kiddo B threw a punch at Kiddo A. Wow, this situation is getting worse. I hope it stops the-

Now both kiddos are on the ground attempting to choke each other. This sucks.

The issue isn't that one bad thing is inherently worse than another. The issue is that responding to a bad thing, with more bad things escalates the situation instead of deescalating it.

Like, think about it, if you had shot the tire, that's jailtime at a minimum. But that's ignoring the fact that you would have shot at someone. They now have the right to attack you in self defense. You may say, well I was only aiming for the tire, but how is anyone else supposed to know that in the moment? You have a gun. You fired at their car. The whole situation would have ended badly.

That said, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were just venting out frustrations. We all do that to an extent. But just in case you were seriously considering something like that.

DON'T.

They're fun on occasion but like... they don't convince anyone of anything.

If you're gonna watch a two hour essay on why something sucks, then you probably agreed with that sentiment to begin with.

I would like to look up Pokemon Sword and Shield videos without another essay on why it sucks, please.
Answering fire with more fire only cause a building to burn down even faster.

Yet with how popular & easy to share rant & negative content in general as become online. It can be hard time to not be influence and not fall into the same pit of throwing hot take when we aren't in the best state of mind.

My Dyslexia & lack of confidence on certain topics & info I seen as made me quite anxious around heated debate. Mostly because I fear I end up escalating the situation, spreading misinformation in the process due to lack of knowdelge or certain parts or that part of me think I only do it for ego boost instead of a better reason for it.

I still feel to this day that I'm just not made for debates or even big analyze around certain topic, hence why I try to avoid them. Even though I managed to wrote up some big ass posts around various topic that some peoples enjoyed/agreed, and I look up alot of big videos that goes in details about what they analyze. Big posts especially cause my brain to heat up like crazy, it's really a massive handicap that make me ashame of just thinking of some the posts I wrote before online, and discourage me alot too when I feel like I got a good take on something, but at the end of day, I just can't do it without feeling like crap in the process.

Admitelly, it isn't unique to me by any mean, far from it, but I hope some folks here can feel better by knowing we all struggle with sharing our opinions in way that is still true to our core, all without making the situations worse for other peoples we may not know, but don't wish bad things happened to them, even if we do disagree on one or more points. (well that, and some peoples need a chill down a bit when it come to ranting about a game or movie for 7 hours straights, like holy crap, how do some peoples do this-)

Brief, I agree alot of your points here, that was a really good read, and hope this post isn't too weird or came out of left field. Just thought of this while reading your & other posts on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom