• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My guess right now is deciphering the ruins gives the true history of the isles. With the story maybe being that the Titan was actually corrupt or maybe somehow controlled by Bellos. Which is why King’s dad seemed to be slaying the titan in one mural. That would also explain the reason why he could be fighting bellos.

I think the golden guard could definitely be the son of Bellos. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a clone though so that Bellos had a successor with all of his knowledge at the end of the day since Bellos seems to be dying.

I could definitely see the son and father parallel as the show has a big theme on family dynamics.
oh **** I didn't even think about the possibilities in him being a clone of sorts. Pull a Superior Spider-Man/Loki on him for a free young body...and Bellos dying would be kinda cool if he gets defeated by Luz and gang...or even gets betrayed by Goldie, showing to unexpectingly be stronger than him via tricks and ploys.

and Imma justsay it cause it'swhat the entire world needs...Luz and Amity gotta hook up (as I notice how Mae Whitman seems to end up voicing over badass women who end up dating/marrying one of the main characters...Katara to Aang...2012 April to 2012 Donnie...Wonder Girl to Tim Drake's Robin...so gotta assume Amity for Luz)
06 really got them scared and then there's the whole "****ty friends" narrative people were spewing.
Please let me play as Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Blaze again.
Boom, Forces, and other spin off games got yo back
I mean, Shadow's playable in Forces.

The only issue with that is that he's playable... in Forces.
look...Forces tried their best...and Infinite tried his damn hardest to be edgy (even has one of the most edgy songs in Sonic history)

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Holy flip Sonic modding community actually managed to turn Forces into an actual video game.

I just got done playing a session using mods that change physics and stage layouts and I actually had to use braincells while playing, and the game didn't give me an S rank simply for participating. I actually had to play decently at least. Like, there were enemies that were actual obstacles, tight corners I had to use the slide to get through, and actual decent presentation.

image0.jpg

Did...Did I just have actual fun with this game?

Last edited:

MooMew64

That’s not reassuring in the slightest
What do you mean, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games wasn't what you meant when you said you wanted playable Amy, Knuckles, and Tails back?

At least modders are filling the void. Most of 'em are just skins, but hey, I'll take it. :001:

...Although, in the realm of fan games, Sonic World/Sonic World DX and Sonic Robo Blast 2 are pretty baller for playing as multiple Sonic characters. SRB2 especially is a gem, and it's modding scene is huge, so you get a lot of deep cut character choices, most with their own actual moveset from what I've seen.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What do you mean, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games wasn't what you meant when you said you wanted playable Amy, Knuckles, and Tails back?

At least modders are filling the void. Most of 'em are just skins, but hey, I'll take it. :001:

...Although, in the realm of fan games, Sonic World/Sonic World DX and Sonic Robo Blast 2 are pretty baller for playing as multiple Sonic characters. SRB2 especially is a gem, and it's modding scene is huge, so you get a lot of deep cut character choices, most with their own actual moveset from what I've seen.
Also another reason why I want a new Sonic fighting game similar to my ideas as well.

MooMew64

Also another reason why I want a new Sonic fighting game similar to my ideas as well.
I thiiiiiiink there's currently a fan game in development? Sonic Smackdown is what it's called, I think.

I know there's a modpack for Brawl, but it's taking a bit to get ready; last progress update on it was in December.

Man, though, imagine if Sega themselves brought back Sonic the Fighters or Sonic Battle. Would actually be a 10/10 move.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I thiiiiiiink there's currently a fan game in development? Sonic Smackdown is what it's called, I think.

I know there's a modpack for Brawl, but it's taking a bit to get ready; last progress update on it was in December.

Man, though, imagine if Sega themselves brought back Sonic the Fighters or Sonic Battle. Would actually be a 10/10 move.
I definitely think Sonic’s overdue for another fighting game, though I’d like to see something more Arc System/Capcom Vs. style in gameplay, been working on some ideas for one myself if you’re interested

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I love seein' cool Sonic fan stuff, so feel free to share! :D
Only have a thread and some Google docs on it at the moment but have a look:

If you have any questions on it, let me know

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Realisticly, I think the biggest letdown that could be the last character would be Bandana Dee. Another First Party rep which historically isn't as hype for new DLC, Scrimbo fans upset because it's not the character they want, others upset because he's not really hype, another range creep character with his spear, and there'll be nothing to talk about because it's just... Bandana Dee.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Realisticly, I think the biggest letdown that could be the last character would be Bandana Dee. Another First Party rep which historically isn't as hype for new DLC, Scrimbo fans upset because it's not the character they want, others upset because he's not really hype, another range creep character with his spear, and there'll be nothing to talk about because it's just... Bandana Dee.
I don't agree at all. Dee has lots of fans, and Kirby is still a fairly popular series. He's more popular than Min Min for sure, and arguably Pyra & Mythra. There are characters that would be way bigger letdowns.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
"WHY, why do not falter in the face of a god!?
"Simple, because i'm Banjo."
That's a quote from the penultimate chapter of Robot wars Voyage, it's supposed to sound cool but it just sounds silly.

Picking a generic enemy mook like Pirahna plant to end the DLC would be a neat way of going full circle though.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I was talking more about the world around the gameplay. Like, do we just tell a FF-style story with FF-style gameplay but with all Zelda characters and lore, or do we try to blend the worlds of both franchises?
Oh, in that case, it really depends on who's at the helm. Zelda's world and story is far simpler than Final Fantasy's by a wide margin. Trying to find a middle ground would upset both sides I think. I think the best option would be to take the classic approach of Final Fantasy, or just omit most of the Urban Fantasy elements of later games that Nomura laid the groundwork for. It'd be the next best thing honestly, at least if they need a plot-line for the main setting.

I still argue that it'd be difficult to work with though. Imagine NetherRealm writing Street Fighter characters into Mortal Kombat lore. They're blatant 90's caricatures and stereotypes and don't have much else to them. They work better with SNK characters, whereas the Tekken universe would probably work a bit better with Mortal Kombat by virtue of being more faithfully depicted and researched. That being said, I wouldn't like to see Tekken x MK either, lmao

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
with how popular it is, I doubt it'll take long before a second season happens
Perhaps, but I've heard that the Blu-ray sales for it in Japan haven't been too hot. Hopefully that doesn't impact their decision on continuing the anime.

Either way, I'm happy with how the adaptation turned out and I still have the manga to enjoy in the meantime.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

But I like Bandana Dee,

:(

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
After last night, I don’t need to guess for yours.

I can play this immature hu-
Joe Mama
Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 5.03.48 PM.png

View attachment 320687View attachment 320688View attachment 320689
Hello everyone here is your daily dose of cursed abominations
The one on the far right looks strangely adorable, like a different take on a bagworm. If anything, Venonat is an official cursed example because it's literally just Butterfree's head scaled up x40 with Kuriboh hands and feet.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'd argue that another Pokemon would be more disappointing than Bandana Dee. At least he's a heavily requested character and would add a chance to represent some of the more modern Kirby titles a bit better.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That’s not reassuring in the slightest
look…you wanna have a recent enough game allow you to play as other characters beyond hedgehogs, foxes, & Knuckles or what? It’s either that or find pleasure through the older Sonic games…until we know what 2022 is gonna give us at the least (Sonic 06 Part 2 or Sonic Boom 3/4 please /s). A soul for a soul is to be needed
let’s face it…it’ll take a whole lot of work for the majority to be fully hyped for a singular character to end it all, so realty anybody could be just as “disappointing“ as Bandana Dee since the community seemingly has a hard time truly knowing what they want/need/will forever be loyal to/be able to read

except John Cena of course

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m not a huge Mega Man fan, but these are probably my favorite Robot Masters.

Snake Man
Cut Man
Shadow Man
Skull Man
Gravity Man
Guts Man
Beast Man
Grab Man

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh, in that case, it really depends on who's at the helm. Zelda's world and story is far simpler than Final Fantasy's by a wide margin. Trying to find a middle ground would upset both sides I think. I think the best option would be to take the classic approach of Final Fantasy, or just omit most of the Urban Fantasy elements of later games that Nomura laid the groundwork for. It'd be the next best thing honestly, at least if they need a plot-line for the main setting.
Honestly I think the Urban Fantasy elements would make it stand out more. Urban fantasy/cyberpunk FF7 style Zelda RPG. You got Chocobos, Moogled, Behemoths, Cactaurs and all the other FF monsters but also Gorons, Rito, Zora, Gerudo, Deku Scrubs, Minish, Bokoblins, and all the other races. The summons can be Din, Farore, and Nayru even! Give us a version of Hyrule we’ve never seen before, ya know? I’m not asking for a story that’s Team Ico levels of deep either. It can still be just “Ganondorf bad! Go stop!” But the differences in the presentation and setting would be really interesting imo.
I still argue that it'd be difficult to work with though. Imagine NetherRealm writing Street Fighter characters into Mortal Kombat lore. They're blatant 90's caricatures and stereotypes and don't have much else to them. They work better with SNK characters, whereas the Tekken universe would probably work a bit better with Mortal Kombat by virtue of being more faithfully depicted and researched. That being said, I wouldn't like to see Tekken x MK either, lmao
You sound like someone who hasn’t played Street Fighter since SF2. Also I think NRS has proven with their guest characters and the injustice series that they can faithfully handle characters not their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom