• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh wait I forgot to mention how the Avengers game is leaking out IP addresses now

osby

Smash Obsessed
Same but in a different way. I'm like that hip old man who tries to blend in with the times, but has multiple disagreements with modern decisions.

Like ****ing fairies.
Funny enough, fairies are one thing I see in the modern games and go "yo, this slaps!" Give me a type full of pink and glitters and I'm all over that ****.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Same but in a different way. I'm like that hip old man who tries to blend in with the times, but has multiple disagreements with modern decisions.

Like ****ing fairies.
As I much as I miss being able to spam Outrage and Draco Meteor in competitive, I don't miss being on the receiving end of that.

Having to put a steel type on every single team sucked.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Like ****ing fairies.
Fairies gave us Mimikyu, so I can't be mad at that.
Having to put a steel type on every single team sucked.
Magnezone moment

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Magnezone moment
Back in the day I had a team that consisted of DD Dragonite/Salamence/Haxorus/Kingdra and a Magnezone and Dutrio to trap any steel types. The gameplan was to set up a Dragon Dance, spam Outrage then refuse to switch out no matter what.

It was the most braindead team I had ever played with. Good times.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Back in the day I had a team that consisted of DD Dragonite/Salamence/Haxorus/Kingdra and a Magnezone and Dutrio to trap any steel types. The gameplan was to set up a Dragon Dance, spam Outrage then refuse to switch out no matter what.

Kinda miss the pseudo legendary + steel meta. I understandy why they killed it in Gen 6, but then Gen 6's meta was even MORE unbalanced despite nerfing Dragons and Pseudos

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Kinda miss the pseudo legendary + steel meta. I understandy why they killed it in Gen 6, but then Gen 6's meta was even MORE unbalanced despite nerfing Dragons and Pseudos
Spongebob Fish Face Megas....
Magnezone moment
Magnezone is literally Dragon's best friend. Supereffective against the Fairy and Ice types and traps the pesky steels that resist.

Sounds fun.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna one thing ill say is don't be scared to ask for help. I didn't ask for help all through Gen U because I was scared to go online but with randoms, you just drop in mid hunt, hunt, fail or succed and the game pass you back offline. Also im sure people here will be willing to hunt with you

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So I watched the latest episode of Loki, So basically everyone who worked under the Time Variance Authority are all variants?
just wait for this to probably affect QuantumMania the most

osby

Smash Obsessed
Got some characters from Tekken, Soul Calibur, Dark Souls, Digimon, Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Baraduke, Klonoa, the Legend of Valkyrie, Dragon Spirit, The Tower of Drauga, Scarlet Nexus, God Eater, and of course the Tales series.
Sounds like a good lineup, to begin with. I imagine .hack and Xenosaga characters would probably join the fray, as well?

Also, who is the Dragon Spirit fighter? I don't think I've ever heard of that series.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Finally gonna check out this Demon Slayer: Mugen Train that's been all the fuss lately.

So osby osby Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and the man who's love is responsible for getting my ass interested in the series Lamperouge Lamperouge ......

Bought Monster Hunter Rise.
Nice, hope you end up enjoying it. It's probably the most accessible game in the series yet for newcomers.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Finally gonna check out this Demon Slayer: Mugen Train that's been all the fuss lately.
Take it from a person who thought the 1st season of the anime was mid. I quite liked the movie and will most likely watch season 2 because of the movie

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Also, who is the Dragon Spirit fighter? I don't think I've ever heard of that series.
Dragon Spirit is an old medieval/prehistoric-themed Namco arcade shoot-em-up and the source of this bangin' Smash remix
I imagine she's probably adding the game's protag, Amul

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sounds like a good lineup, to begin with. I imagine .hack and Xenosaga characters would probably join the fray, as well?

Dragon Spirit is basically a space shooter where you control a dragon. That dragon is the player character.

I did forget that I had KOS-MOS on there. I thought about including .hack but Namco doesn’t actually own it, it’s a manga they licensed. So that would feel like putting Goku in you know? Though it is weird that characters from it were in X Zone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I need to pick out two or three Digimon for a roster I’m developing that’s a kind of... MvC but with Namco characters. Obviously Agumon/WarGreymon, but what are the other iconic/really popular Digimon I should use here?
So most of what I know from Digimon comes from the first two seasons and like nothing beyond it, but even I know Renamon is a thing, so that shows she's pretty iconic. Maybe her.

Besides that, the two that came to my mind for additional characters were Gabumon/Garurumon/Weregarurumon/Metalgarurumon, and Patamon/Angemon/MagnaAngemon/Seraphimon.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Take it from a person who thought the 1st season of the anime was mid. I quite liked the movie and will most likely watch season 2 because of the movie
Yeah, I thought the first season was fun but nothing amazing. As long as I see some sick fight scenes and beautiful animation, I'll be mostly satisfied with the movie lol.

Bummer that I was spoiled on Rengoku's death

D

Deleted member

I really need to stay away from toxic people. They say the most offensive things and roasting them won't do me any good, because they indiscriminately make fun of everyone. The person that I'm mentoring in FEXL_AD, me being very triggered by this led me to be pretty unforgiving toward him in performance differences from my coaching session with him, but it came with his benefit. He has a bright future ahead of him from his competitive mindset.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Dragon Spirit is basically a space shooter where you control a dragon. That dragon is the player character.
So you’re just gonna work a giant dragon in the roster? I know he’s a transformed human, but he’s only in the intro for 5 seconds and ending he doesn’t have much to work with aside from sword.

How many characters are you actually putting into this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom