• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just so y'all know, that whole Subway thing about them not using real tuna is BS. They are using real tuna it's just the fact that most of their tuna salad is Mayo so even if they did do a DNA test on it, if they didn't pick out the pieces of fish and just tested the whole thing they aren't going to find any tuna DNA because what they tested was mostly Mayo

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

osby

Smash Obsessed
Right guys I need to help to fully decide on what game I'm going to get next. I am getting a new game in an hour or so..... Lets' try this again!

The choices are now:

View attachment 320334 View attachment 320335 View attachment 320336
Pokemon - £40/$55

Pikmin - £30/$40

Monster Hunter - £33/$45
And which would mix in well with THPS 1+2 Remake. My indecisiveness is killing me!

Please help me my friends.
I'd say Monster Hunter Rise would give you the most buck for your money. Go with Pikmin 3 if you want something a little more challenging and Snap if you want a relaxing game.

Thank you! I def will. Though I will warn you it is still a crossover between Namco and... someone else.
It's DC, isn't it?

September 30th, huh? I'm ready. XD
We'll also probably get a new Smash reveal in September. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Right I'm probably gonna get Rise.

That being said and talking as a loner/not loved by people do I really need to play it with co-op? Or can I kill every Monster on my own?

I would love to play with others but I've no experience in playing online with people in my childhood/adulthood.

That being said if I do get it, I'm not getting Skyward Sword with NEO TWEWY, instead with Pokemon Snap.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

That being said and talking as a loner/not loved by people do I really need to play it with co-op? Or can I kill every Monster on my own?
The Village quests you can mostly do by yourself and that is the solo content. Think of the village quests like the tutorial but you do all the village quests, it goes to the hub which is the more difficult hunts that are easier with multiple people but you can do them solo but again they will be difficult going solo. There is a feature where you can just hop into a hunt with randoms as well

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Marvel casually breaking the LGBTQ community…again…
Uh, do I want to know?

I would love to play with others but I've no experience in playing online with people in my childhood/adulthood.

That being said if I do get it, I'm not getting Skyward Sword with NEO TWEWY, instead with Pokemon Snap.
iirc, the game doesn't lock any monster behind multiplayer. Hub quests are multiplayer but the difficulty scales with the number of players so they should be easier when you're alone.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Uh, do I want to know?
The latest episode of Loki all-but-stated that Loki's bisexual (spoiler-tagging since the episode just came out today); I assume that's what they're referring to.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
No
It’s Image Comics
Wouldn't be my first choice but I'm game if it has Saga characters.

The latest episode of Loki all-but-stated that Loki's bisexual (spoiler-tagging since the episode just came out today); I assume that's what they're referring to.
Ragnarok already did that but still neat, I guess. I wonder why they just don't commit to it and make it explicit, it's not like previous Disney shows didn't have bi characters.

D

Deleted member

Marvel casually breaking the LGBTQ community…again…
I haven't followed marvel since mid 2000. How is it today and what's going on with them turning heel on my community?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wouldn't be my first choice but I'm game if it has Saga characters.

Ragnarok already did that but still neat, I guess. I wonder why they just don't commit to it and make it explicit, it's not like previous Disney shows didn't have bi characters.
They gotta keep milking their new first gay character.

But legit, it is kinda bizzare that Loki is LGBT and has a major role in the MCU which could break boundaries given his development aa a character and how the huge the MCU is, but I guess they gotta not say it becaise of money from countries where LGBT is banned.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

But legit, it is kinda bizzare that Loki is LGBT and has a major role in the MCU which could break boundaries given his development aa a character and how the huge the MCU is, but I guess they gotta not say it becaise of money from countries where LGBT is banned.
The exchange goes something like "I'm sure you've got a princess waiting for you back home, or maybe another prince?" "A bit of both - I'm sure it's the same with you" (I don't remember the exact conversation, but it's along those lines), so it's as explicit as you can get without having Loki randomly say "I'm bisexual" in the middle of a conversation.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Uh, do I want to know?
the below part is one of them (along with their genderfluid ways), but they've also recently made Black Cat, Star Lord, Kitty Pryde, Hercules, and Colossus join the community (without force), and pulled the trigger to get Hulkling and Wiccan married. They also made a trans character in the Immortal Hulk comics who's apart of a team to stop Devil Hulk (and the rest of the complicated Hulk issues)...also let that be natural and not an issue.
that is one of the things I refer to, probably the biggest one for something recent
I haven't followed marvel since mid 2000. How is it today and what's going on with them turning heel on my community?
don't worry Marvel hasn't turned heel...atm. You've missed out on a lot of glorious content

osby

Smash Obsessed
the below part is one of them (along with their genderfluid ways), but they've also recently made Black Cat, Star Lord, Kitty Pryde, Hercules, and Colossus join the community (without force), and pulled the trigger to get Hulkling and Wiccan married. They also made a trans character in the Immortal Hulk comics who's apart of a team to stop Devil Hulk (and the rest of the complicated Hulk issues)...also let that be natural and not an issue.
I have my occasional gripes with how they are handled, but yeah, I really admire how bold Marvel comics got with their queer characters in recent years.

Now bring Rictor and Shatterstar back together

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Meanwhile they are total ****ing cowards as Loki's genderfluid even in the original mythology, which Disney's trying to copyright because apparantly they want the monopoly to Norse mythology now

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The exchange goes something like "I'm sure you've got a princess waiting for you back home, or maybe another prince?" "A bit of both - I'm sure it's the same with you" (I don't remember the exact conversation, but it's along those lines), so it's as explicit as you can get without having Loki randomly say "I'm bisexual" in the middle of a conversation.
Yeah, they said it now but not back in the heyday of the MCU when it was implied in Ragnarok which I can only chalk up to as wanting China and Russia money. This wouldn't be the first time they did something like that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl got some of its graphics reworked since February and Lucas drank a youth potion for whatever reason

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl got some of its graphics reworked since February and Lucas drank a youth portion for whatever reason
Tbh, the shorter battle sprite looks better

They weren't exactly tall in the original game either

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have my occasional gripes with how they are handled, but yeah, I really admire how bold Marvel comics got with their queer characters in recent years.

Now bring Rictor and Shatterstar back together
Aside from Iceman before the retcon’s retcon and the best forgotten attempt at another New Warriors, they’ve been getting home runs in letting these things go smoothly…and even tho it’s not Marvel, someone at DC please let Batwoman and Harlivy get married already
Yeah, they said it now but not back in the heyday of the MCU when it was implied in Ragnarok which I can only chalk up to as wanting China and Russia money. This wouldn't be the first time they did something like that.
yeah…tho I could still see Russia pulls a Steven Universe on Loki (cause sexuality). As for the China part, they’re probably gonna flip their **** as usual, and probably find a way to cut out some MCU content (since being apart of the community is one of the reasons why Eternals might not be shown there). But since it wasn’t blatantly said or had kisses shown, Loki should be fine for both (maybe…tbh I don’t really know how extreme those places are with anyone who isn’t fully straight…or completely respectful to their culture)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl got some of its graphics reworked since February and Lucas drank a youth portion for whatever reason
Wait, the game footage... wasn't final???

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They changed the tree 10/10 instant buy for both copies

D

Deleted member

they changed.... the tree?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Pokemon fans after hearing graphics and tree in the same sentence:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon fans after hearing graphics and tree in the same sentence:
Gen 5 is widely considered as one of the best entries in the series, not because of its gameplay or story, but because it introduced Trevenant.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm dumb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom