• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Monster is dead and DC is going through some complications...don't think those 3 merged together would fit right
What are you talking about? Godzilla vs. Kong was a success at $441 million as of current still going being the film that saved theatrical cinema being the first blockbuster hit in the COVID-era and there are calls and support for continuing it. At this rate, it's doing better than what the DCEU ever could have.

In fact, the MonsterVerse in total has made close to $2 billion ($1,920,405,793). That's pretty decent and good start so far.

Will it ever succeed in matching the MCU, most likely probably not but as the success of this movie has shown, there is interest in it amongst audiences. What was the peak for the MCU with Avengers is what Godzilla vs. Kong was with the MonsterVerse.

It's most certainly going to continue and there are already talks for another film being an adaption to potentially Son of Kong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My posts mostly consist of crud posts and spreading the influence of my gooigi cult
my list of posts is basically just furries, card games, and wholesome animal videos.

yeah, not very varied there. :101:

D

Deleted member

How do people even find their way here I wonder.

You'd think people nowadays would go to places like Twitter or Reddit to discuss Smash, we're a relic of a bygone era.
I joined here for the speculation thread

stayed for the social thread :101:

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
How do people even find their way here I wonder.

You'd think people nowadays would go to places like Twitter or Reddit to discuss Smash, we're a relic of a bygone era.
Heard this joint was the place to be for smash speculation, and I could already tell Ultimate was gonna be something special. So I wanted in.

I want out:239:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't get where the idea the MonsterVerse is dead at this point given Godzilla vs. Kong's success lol.

The very film that saved theaters and first blockbuster hit in the COVID-era.

How is that considered dead at this point?

Even then the first two made over $500 million. Put one underperformance against three films that did really well and that's still impressive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have done it!

I have beaten Dragon Quest III!

And with that, I have beaten the original DQ Trilogy at last.

Gosh, That was quite the ride, I see why people hold this series in high regard.😍

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So would I be wrong if I said I actually liked Adult Gohan more than Teen Gohan, and I legit enjoy his antics as the Great Saiyaman?
Adult Gohan is how he's supposed to be, that was his character and goal from day 1. I never saw a problem with it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Aurane Aurane the hardcore mode in radical red is wild. In what was nearly impossible before, I’d say it’s impossible to nuzlocke this game now without stupid luck.

Early game bosses right out of the gate( after the lab fight) have 3 plus Pokémon with comp sets and moves of at least 65 base power or more, along with held items.

It’s fun for sure though on a casual playthrough.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What are you talking about? Godzilla vs. Kong was a success at $441 million as of current still going being the film that saved theatrical cinema being the first blockbuster hit in the COVID-era and there are calls and support for continuing it. At this rate, it's doing better than what the DCEU ever could have.

In fact, the MonsterVerse in total has made close to $2 billion ($1,920,405,793). That's pretty decent and good start so far.

Will it ever succeed in matching the MCU, most likely probably not but as the success of this movie has shown, there is interest in it amongst audiences. What was the peak for the MCU with Avengers is what Godzilla vs. Kong was with the MonsterVerse.

It's most certainly going to continue and there are already talks for another film being an adaption to potentially Son of Kong.
oh wait my bad...accidentally thought of the Dark Universe thing when reading MonstersVerse...big oof

that one is on Mii

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So would I be wrong if I said I actually liked Adult Gohan more than Teen Gohan, and I legit enjoy his antics as the Great Saiyaman?
Nah.

Gohan's my favorite character, and overall he's the G.O.A.T. He matures, and sets out to live the life he wants while still seeking more power to protect that. First half of Super did repeat some of his arc, but they also repeated a lot of stuff with Vegeta. Saiyaman is goofy fun. I like Adult Gohan the most, I think, but I always liked him.

But you know what they say, "Dragon Ball fans don't read."

I do wonder what the current manga arc might do with him and Piccolo. It just started, but the Moro arc gave him and Gohan some cool fights and team attacks. The stuff with Vegeta so far has interested me. Anything that has to deal with Vegeta and the Saiyan's history as planetary hitmen is also cool to me.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So yeah ive Bought minecraft switch edition and got bvedrock for free back like 2 years ago now ive changed my switch and bought a mashup (the at one) for the switch version and now i wanna play it on bedrock (because of a higher spawnlimit and im curious how some items look) yet after i opened my minecraft br some times and trying to get it to work including reloading my safe sometimes i cant update the game!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My favorite Mega Man track is still Air Man's stage. Am I defective? :yoshi:
Yeah, because the best Mega Man track is hands down Flash Man's theme and Smash ****ing knocked it out of the park with the remix.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Being preoccupied with watching ATLA has made the wait considerably easier for me.
Been watching Young Justice myself.
My favorite Mega Man track is still Air Man's stage. Am I defective? :yoshi:
It's a good one, though out of Mega Man 2, Metal Man's probably my favorite of the Robot Master themes.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
It's the dawn of the 1st day of E3, and I'm just sitting here, sitting through the hell that is excruciating tooth pain. This is gonna make the wait for the Direct so, so, so much worse.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How's everyone doing this morning?
Pretty good; I've got work in about half an hour, and I've got a pretty big backlog of games and TV shows that should help to keep me occupied until E3. (I think I'm nearing the end of Shin Megami Tensei 3? The latest boss, Trumpeter, seems to outright break the rules of the game between being able to instant-kill anyone even if they're immune to that and being able to heal itself to full HP and MP seemingly whenever it wants, but I'm going to try this one fight on Merciful difficulty, hopefully get past it, and switch back to Normal)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom